The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3200
oooh im nearing end of Full metal alchemist :biggrin: been pretty amazing so far!!
Reply 3201
wiwarin_mir
Can anyone think of anything else I should get?

You might like to check out the 2006 remake of Kanon. I recently finished watching it and can safely say it's one of my favourite animes. Quite touching.
Reply 3202
Anyone else think Shippuden is awful?!?!!? It's so bad! Another week passes and absolutely nothing has happened

And can anyone reccomend me a good Shonen anime besides Bleach? I've ran out of stuff to watch after finishing Death Note
Reply 3203
AngryJellyfish
Go with Negima ;yes;

And Fruits Basket is shoujo ;yes;

In other news, I just spent £30 on a box set for an anime I know little about, because Amazon sent me an email saying it was £10 off if I bought it today (and I can never resist a bargain :redface:). The anime is Rumbling Hearts (AKA Kimi ga Nozomu Eien). Has anybody here seen it, and is it any good? It seems pretty highly rated on most sites, but I thought I'd ask anyhow.

KGNE rules! One of the better drama anime I've seen. That's not saying much since I haven't watched that many drama series, but it's excellent. Really emotional and the characters are easy to get attached too. I nearly cried several times throughout it. I don't think you'll regret your purchase. =D
AngryJellyfish
Go with Negima ;yes;

And Fruits Basket is shoujo ;yes;

In other news, I just spent £30 on a box set for an anime I know little about, because Amazon sent me an email saying it was £10 off if I bought it today (and I can never resist a bargain :redface:). The anime is Rumbling Hearts (AKA Kimi ga Nozomu Eien). Has anybody here seen it, and is it any good? It seems pretty highly rated on most sites, but I thought I'd ask anyhow.

i think i'll get one of each, and maybe gunslinger girl too :p: and so are you saying guys will not enjoy reading Fruits Basket as it's shoujo

i saw KGNE a while ago, it was alright but it wasn't really my cup of tea, too dramatic for me :s-smilie: but if you're into serious drama, I think you'll enjoy it.
8 eugenius
i think i'll get one of each, and maybe gunslinger girl too :p: and so are you saying guys will not enjoy reading Fruits Basket as it's shoujo

It's aimed at girls, so as a result it's full of pretty guys (sort of the opposite of Love Hina, but with less nudity :p:). But it's a good storyline, and I know several guys who read it :smile:.
I've really been craving comedy anime recently, pretty much everything else is on hold at the moment (but hopefully watching 'Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai' later will break me out of this crazed state of mind). I've been watching non-stop Lucky Star/Nagasarete Airantou/Ah! My Goddess all day yesterday and Sunday, as well as starting and finishing 'Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan' and 'Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu Deluxe'.

And speaking of 'Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu Deluxe', I've been downloading second series pretty much all of last week. As well as that, there's the second series of 'Ai Yori Aoshi', 'Black Lagoon' and 'Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni'; and I still have the second series of 'Tsubasa', 'Jigoku Shoujo' and 'Mahoromatic' to get afterwards! Also, I've just heard that there will be a second series of 'The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya' (though that won't be for a long while yet).
Reply 3207
going on holiday at some point so im gonna go looking for some manga when i can be bothered:biggrin:
I recently bought a portable DVD player, it will be useful for when I go to Reading this weekend :biggrin:. I'm taking .hack SIGN 4, Pom Poko and the KGNE box set which arrived this morning. And then on the way back I can watch all my new purchases which I'll no doubt acquire while I'm there!
Reply 3209
a_t
Anyone else think Shippuden is awful?!?!!? It's so bad! Another week passes and absolutely nothing has happened

And can anyone reccomend me a good Shonen anime besides Bleach? I've ran out of stuff to watch after finishing Death Note

Did you watch Hunter X Hunter? Alot better than Naruto (which is a bad version of HXH) according to me.
Reply 3210
I rad on another forum the works are going to start selling manga:confused:, also i keep wanting to start watching more series before iv finished the current ones :s:
Can i post on this even though i'm not in this society?
Star Princess
Can i post on this even though i'm not in this society?

I don't see why not, any contributors to our anime discussion are welcomed :smile:.

@ vin: If The Works start selling manga, I only hope they do a better job than WHS and Waterstones. If they do, they'll get a lot of business from me :biggrin:.
Reply 3213
vin
I rad on another forum the works are going to start selling manga:confused:, also i keep wanting to start watching more series before iv finished the current ones :s:

I have a problem with that as well, I have about 10 anime series on the go at present, with loads more in my download queue.
Reply 3214
Does anybody here watch Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei? It's absolutely hilarious. I really can't wait for the next episode. :biggrin:
I found 2 different negima mangas, are they both the same? which one should i get?
8 eugenius
I found 2 different negima mangas, are they both the same? which one should i get?

The Del Rey and Tanoshimi versions are pretty much the same; Del Rey is the USA license owner and Tanoshimi has the UK license but both are owned by the same company and use the same translators. So either of those are good :smile:.
Reply 3217
AngryJellyfish
I don't see why not, any contributors to our anime discussion are welcomed :smile:.

@ vin: If The Works start selling manga, I only hope they do a better job than WHS and Waterstones. If they do, they'll get a lot of business from me :biggrin:.

ive not been able to find any info about it so it might just be a shelf:

wiwarin_mir
I have a problem with that as well, I have about 10 anime series on the go at present, with loads more in my download queue.

so far ive been behaving, but i still managed to fill up the miniscule hard drive :bawling:
Reply 3218
hey folks,

Thought i'd share my list.

One Piece (favourite - look for kaizoku-fansubs )
Cowboy Bebop "shows that anime is not only for little kids" - agreed
Samurai Champloo (by the same director of Cowboy Bebop)
Ghost in the shell (cyberpunk!!)
FLCL (furi kuri or Fooly Cooly by Gainax, the most random anime i've seen)
Gurren Lagann (another one from Gainax, Mechas with big faces)
Hitman Reborn
Bleach
Naruto
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED (someone recommended it to me)
Rurouni Kenshin / Samurai X (saw when i was kid, amazing series)
Ninku
Falme of Recca

I bought a 300gb hard drive and slowly building my collection

can i join the anime society :smile:
null
hey folks,

Thought i'd share my list.

One Piece (favourite - look for kaizoku-fansubs )
Cowboy Bebop "shows that anime is not only for little kids" - agreed
Samurai Champloo (by the same director of Cowboy Bebop)
Ghost in the shell (cyberpunk!!)
FLCL (furi kuri or Fooly Cooly by Gainax, the most random anime i've seen)
Gurren Lagann (another one from Gainax, Mechas with big faces)
Hitman Reborn
Bleach
Naruto
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED (someone recommended it to me)
Rurouni Kenshin / Samurai X (saw when i was kid, amazing series)
Ninku
Falme of Recca

I bought a 300gb hard drive and slowly building my collection

can i join the anime society :smile:

Of course, just click this link and scroll down the page a bit until you see the anime society logo. Then just request to join :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/socs.php

Latest

Trending

Trending