The Anime society Watch

This discussion is closed.
null
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
Of course, just click this link and scroll down the page a bit until you see the anime society logo. Then just request to join

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/socs.php
Thanks
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Added
eugenius 8
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The Del Rey and Tanoshimi versions are pretty much the same; Del Rey is the USA license owner and Tanoshimi has the UK license but both are owned by the same company and use the same translators. So either of those are good .
cheers

wooo i got may laptop back today, can watch anime now :party:
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by eugenius 8)
cheers

wooo i got may laptop back today, can watch anime now :party:
Congrats :congrats: I nearly died of boredom when my laptop packed up (though that was probrably for the best, seeing as it was the week before the summer exams and the temptation to watch anime would have been greater than my urge to revise :p:).
Truered
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well my entertainment selection for the first year of University is completed. Along with a selection of DVDs and my DS I'm going to bring a box of anime/manga to place in my room.

Brought volumes 8-14 of Negima, and completed my Cowboy Bebop selection.

On a recomendation my last order before I go to University was to pick up the first 8 volumes of Hellsing ;dancejf;
moogle301
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i have seen 5:
pokemon
digimon
naruto
but i prefered chobits and lucky star they are light hearted and make me laugh
yay

my brother got me to watch lucky star - lol
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Lucky Star is awesome ;yes; If you liked that, I recommend you check out Azumanga Daioh .
eugenius 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Where do you guys usually download anime from? Ive just received my external hard drive from Amazon today and thinking of building up my anime collection in it. I usually download from uploading sites but they're in Real Video format and not the best quality as they're only 40-60 mb per video. Which video formats are the best and can these only be gotten from torrents? Also does anyone download anime from Veoh, if so are they actually video files? cos i can't seem to find them saved in my hard drive, just in the Veoh player thanks
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Where do you guys usually download anime from? Ive just received my external hard drive from Amazon today and thinking of building up my anime collection in it. I usually download from uploading sites but they're in Real Video format and not the best quality as they're only 40-60 mb per video. Which video formats are the best and can these only be gotten from torrents? Also does anyone download anime from Veoh, if so are they actually video files? cos i can't seem to find them saved in my hard drive, just in the Veoh player thanks
I can't say where I download from I'm afraid, against site rules. But I rarely torrent and about half of my files are what I would call superb quality. As for Veoh, I have no idea .

And yeah, Real Video files are pretty much the worst you can get (but they're fast to download and far less of a drain on the download quota so the other half of my anime is in that format ). AVI files are the best quality I've found, but watch out for the file size as some are smaller than others and that usually means less quality. High quality AVI files should be +150 MB (for a ~30 minute episode), but 100-150 MB isn't too bad. MKV files are good, though the subtitles on them can be a bit weird (plus you would have to download VLC media player if you don't already have it). File sizes for MKV should be about the same as AVI. MP4 are third best I'd say, but I can't remember whether they play on Windows Media or not (I use VLC player for those too). Then there is FLV (i.e youtube sized videos that are fine when watched in smallscreen but go crazy in fullscreen). Then last in terms of quality are RM and RMVB files :p:.

I've finally fulfilled my comedy anime obsession, but it has been replaced with another possibly even stranger craving: the overly-cute anime series! Top of my download list at the moment are 'Bincho-tan' and 'Magical Nyan Nyan Taruto'. The titles alone ooze cutey-sweetness and weak plots that are overlooked due to the overpowering cuteness of the characters! After watching these, I think I shall re-watch Elfen Lied to regain my sanity.
vin
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ive been watching quite a few rmvb files, and the quality isnt brilliant, but they havnt been too bad for 80mb,

also im finding it very difficult not to order a load of stuff from amazon:afraid:
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by vin)
also im finding it very difficult not to order a load of stuff from amazon:afraid:
:ditto: Negima 15 is out in five days, and if I bought that I'd also have to spend another £10 to get the free postage (because I have to. It's a bad habit of mine :p:).
null
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I started watching one piece in rmvb format, then one day i found an avi, and well i haven't turned back.

One fan sub has a HD and a SD release. HD is a real high quality encoding but you need to have a really good pc to play it. So the quality and size will depend on how it is encoded.

In terms of playing the videos, i use VLC or mplayer classic.
http://www.cccp-project.net/ This codec pack has all the codecs you will need for playing xvid, mkv, mp4, x264.

HD stands for High Definition, they are ultra high quality encodings, but you'll need a decent PC to use them, otherwise the audio will be desynced when you play them.

SD stands for Standard Definition. This is the same definition that most fansubs use. It's lower quality but unlike HD encodings they will play smoothly in old computers. Please note that our SD Encodings have slightly better quality than most other SD encodings because we use the HD raw as a source.
For on-going series looks for people who are subbing the episodes, they'll have the links you need (use google.com) [hope this doesn't break the rule]
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
As far as I know, talking about fansubs and linking to free software is within the rules . I've told people to Google things in the past; it's not like you're telling them where to get downloads, just pointing them in the right direction.
eugenius 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
thanks guys

just to check, so real video, RM, RMVB files are the same, right?
Aksan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
thanks guys

just to check, so real video, RM, RMVB files are the same, right?
I believe they are. I don't think there's any difference in quality between them.
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Most of my RM files are better quality than my RMVB ones, but I think that's more to do with file size.
eugenius 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Aksan)
I believe they are. I don't think there's any difference in quality between them.
cheers, now to do some serious downloading
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
cheers, now to do some serious downloading
I'd like to as well, but unfortunately the episode I want is hosted by Rapidshare and I've been temporarily blocked for typing in the wrong code . (I put 'I' instead of '1' and 'O' instead of '0' :p:).
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I can't say where I download from I'm afraid, against site rules. But I rarely torrent and about half of my files are what I would call superb quality. As for Veoh, I have no idea .

And yeah, Real Video files are pretty much the worst you can get (but they're fast to download and far less of a drain on the download quota so the other half of my anime is in that format ). AVI files are the best quality I've found, but watch out for the file size as some are smaller than others and that usually means less quality. High quality AVI files should be +150 MB (for a ~30 minute episode), but 100-150 MB isn't too bad. MKV files are good, though the subtitles on them can be a bit weird (plus you would have to download VLC media player if you don't already have it). File sizes for MKV should be about the same as AVI. MP4 are third best I'd say, but I can't remember whether they play on Windows Media or not (I use VLC player for those too). Then there is FLV (i.e youtube sized videos that are fine when watched in smallscreen but go crazy in fullscreen). Then last in terms of quality are RM and RMVB files :p:.

I've finally fulfilled my comedy anime obsession, but it has been replaced with another possibly even stranger craving: the overly-cute anime series! Top of my download list at the moment are 'Bincho-tan' and 'Magical Nyan Nyan Taruto'. The titles alone ooze cutey-sweetness and weak plots that are overlooked due to the overpowering cuteness of the characters! After watching these, I think I shall re-watch Elfen Lied to regain my sanity.
A strange cute anime series I stumbled across ages ago was called Animal Yochinko (or something similar). It was a very odd series about these talking animals who got to our world through a strange trap door.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I'd like to as well, but unfortunately the episode I want is hosted by Rapidshare and I've been temporarily blocked for typing in the wrong code . (I put 'I' instead of '1' and 'O' instead of '0' :p:).
I actually shelled out the £10 odd for a rapidshare premium account because I use it so much and I must say that although it goes against everything free downloading stands for, it was definitely worth it in terms of speed and ease of use.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1384)
79.54%
Leave (356)
20.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed