The Anime society Watch

This discussion is closed.
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
As I said I've had no problems with those sort of DVDs in the past, but better safe than sorry, if you're worried then it's best to go with the safe (yet expensive) option. I have no idea whether they are copies or not, but they're well printed and the cases are very professional looking (At least the Negima!/Galaxy Angel ones are, I can't speak for this particular seller or for the Love Hina DVDs).

And just you wait until the Mion/Shion Higurashi story arc begins, then things really get creepy :evil:.
Aksan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I nearly cried at the end of Shion's arc. It was so brilliant. Best arc in Higurashi by far.
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Is anyone else here watching Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai (series 2)? Apparently it has different writers to series one, and so far in the 9 episodes I've seen there has been very little murder. But, strangely, it still works! I think series 2 is better written, to the extent that it doesn't have to show you murders every 4-5 episodes in order to remain interesting (though no offense to series one, I loved that side of it too!).

Kai focuses more on Rika as a main character (whereas the focus switched from Keichi to Shion to Rena in series one). It also sees the addition of a new character, Hanyuu. It goes on to explain a lot of the mysteries that were left out of series one, but it does so in a way that doesn't ruin the whole mystery aspect. I would recommend it highly to Higurashi fans, but if you watched it purely for the murders then this may be a bit slow-going for you.
Aksan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I watch Kai and I'm enjoying it a lot. It really helps to tie up the plot lines in ways I didn't think were possible. Rika rocks! If I were her, I probably would have either gone insane or given up hope by now. Does she feel pain everytime she's... you know (for the risk of possibly spoiling it for those that want to watch it). I need to get episode 9 now. <.<
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If you want to talk about something that may be spoilers, you can use spoiler tags to hide them like this:
Spoiler:
Show
your text here

You can get them by typing: [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler] .

I have no idea if she feels pain, I would assume so. But yes, Rika does indeed rock. I want Higurashi no Naku Koro ni desktop mascots but I can't be bothered making them myself and nobody else has made them either .
Aksan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ah, I forgot about spoiler tags. The only other forum I frequent is GameFAQs and they don't have much HTML.
Once I go to uni, first thing I shall buy is a new laptop. My current PC wouldn't be able to handle anything like desktop mascots. It can't even handle large MKVs. =(
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
As far as I'm aware, desktop mascots can run on pretty much any computer. My smallest (Kitsune from Love Hina) one is only 504 KB, and my biggest one is no more than 3 MB. My entire collection of 21 mascots, a calculator, two clocks and two minigames only come to 66.9 MB, a lot smaller than a big MKV :p:.
Aksan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My PC has 384 MB of RAM and a 1.7 GHz processor. It's ancient. Even the worst laptops out now are better than my desktop PC. Although, I mostly watch AVIs so it's not that much of a concern, and I don't play PC games. I just want a computer than doesn't takes 5-10 minutes to start up.
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ah, okay :p:. My desktop used to be like that but luckily I didn't discover anime until after I got my laptop so I've never tried playing anything on it.
vin
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Aksan)
My PC has 384 MB of RAM and a 1.7 GHz processor. It's ancient. Even the worst laptops out now are better than my desktop PC. Although, I mostly watch AVIs so it's not that much of a concern, and I don't play PC games. I just want a computer than doesn't takes 5-10 minutes to start up.
my pc atm has lower specs and really struggles with mkvs :bawling:
Aksan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by vin)
my pc atm has lower specs and really struggles with mkvs :bawling:
Awww, I feel your pain.
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
;console; to those with low spec PCs
eugenius 8
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
:eek: spoilers! *covers eyes*

ive got a highish spec PC :proud: but a ****ty laptop which i use to watch anime
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by eugenius 8)
:eek: spoilers! *covers eyes*
Where, I see no spoilers... unless 'Your text here' is a vital part of the plotline for Higurashi :p:.
eugenius 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
just wondering what fansubs did you guys go for when watching Higurashi, i went with Triads for the first five epi but they had slightly different translations for the title of each epi when i compared it with the epi listing in wiki, are most fansubs like this?
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
just wondering what fansubs did you guys go for when watching Higurashi, i went with Triads for the first five epi but they had slightly different translations for the title of each epi when i compared it with the epi listing in wiki, are most fansubs like this?
The Triad are a great fansub group, but for some reason they dropped the series halfway through. WinDFS subbed the rest of the series, but their translation is a little different. So don't get too used to the Triad's version, whatever site you're getting from likely has WinDFS subs from ep 14 onwards.
eugenius 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
is winDFS the same as we are in denial? and did they sub before ep 14 as i think im gonna switch to them
Remo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
naruto rulz!!!!
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
is winDFS the same as we are in denial? and did they sub before ep 14 as i think im gonna switch to them
Yeah, We are in Denial FanSubs. I'm not sure if they did ep 1-13, if they did I would recommend you change just to avoid the shock of changing fansub groups halfway through a series (I hate having to do that!).
eugenius 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I found Ayu too, are they any good?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1646)
78.76%
Leave (444)
21.24%

Watched Threads