Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime society watch

Announcements
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I also think that college restarting may be a factor in the sudden decrease in activity. And I'm going to Spain on the 16th for a week so I won't be on at all during this time .

But this gives me 10 days to watch tons of anime before university starts. I finished Tsukuyomi Moon Phase yesterday; as a fan of the cuter vampire anime series I have to say it was one of the best. It was hilarious, the characters were awesome, and it ended well. Plot wasn't the best, but it was far from awful and these other factors were enough to excuse that.

Here is my top 5 list of cute vampires :
    1: Hazuki/Luna (Moon Phase)
    2: Evangeline A K McDowell (Negima)
    3: Pachira (Magical Pokan)
    4: Karin (Karin)
    5: Anju (Karin)

[edit] Perseverance paid off, I now have Haruran! Here are some bigger screenshots (if slightly less impressive, since once again I'm losing miserably).

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...oseph/Kyon.jpg - Look at me! I'm Kyon!
    http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...seph/Start.jpg - I hope she has Mikuru beam, I have yet to find all the special moves!
    http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...oseph/Lose.jpg - I made Asahina-san cry, I am a bad person .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I have just been busy with work and stuff and as such haven't had time to watch much anime. I'm slowly watching through one piece again though. I've just started the manga arc after Sky Island, which should be fun.

Incidentally, I'm not going to be moving on the 14th and where I am going won't have internet until I have finished with them, so I won't be on for 3 or 4 weeks.
    Fair enough

I probably wont be on here much either, I got to get ready for uni :eek: Need to do more downloading ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    oooh a vampire anime series i think i will watch one of them soon ;yes;
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I'm not downloading any new series until I get to uni. I still have Bincho-tan, Chrno Crusade, Magical Nyan Nyan Taruto, Shadow Star Narutaru and the second series of several other anime to watch first! But I'm always finding out about new series and thinking 'I want to see that', I can't win! (though arguably this is a win-win situation, as whatever I watch will probably be good. So maybe I can't lose?) :p:.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone go on animeb?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Apparently I am :rofl:. I honestly don't remember joining it, yet the name rung a bell in the back of my mind so I decided to type in my username and password just in case, and it logged me in :p:.

ReputationRep:
    i joined after watching love hina back in March, i haven't been on it for months :p: im logged in too
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I'm a member on so many things that I lose track, apparently I joined it on 28th of June 2006 so over a year ago :p:.

I have no posts, profile comments or friends .

ReputationRep:
    its the only anime ive ever joined, thinking of joining a few more, what do you recommend?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Once again, I can't really link to other forums due to TSR rules. And since a lot of the ones I frequent are really small I doubt you would find them on Google like I did with animeb. But there are plenty of good ones out there .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    Sounds fun :p:

This thread is moving quick :rolleyes:
    How come it's usually only us 2 AJ, where is everyone? have they gone on other anime forums? :eek3: :p:
    whilst i might be on other anime forums(:ninja:) I still read this thread very very often despite not spamming it :p:

Oh and the works are selling manga:eek:, it just seems to be tokyo pop stuff but their selling it for £1.99 and 3 for £5
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by vin)
    Oh and the works are selling manga:eek:, it just seems to be tokyo pop stuff but their selling it for £1.99 and 3 for £5
    :adore: The Works!

I can't wait to get back to Aber and see what they have in stock, Tokyopop may not have the best translations ever but you can't really go wrong with those prices! I could get 12 volumes for less than the price of three in Waterstones! (except Waterstones are doing a 3 for 2 deal at the moment, but under normal prices that would be true).

ReputationRep:
    The closest The Works to where i live dont sell manga but it's still cheap on the net ;yes; hack twilight 3 for £5 :eek3: bargain!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    ^ Just to avoid confusion for anyone reading that, it's all three .hack LotT volumes, not just volume three :p:.

It appears to be fairly common stuff, I have all the manga in the clearance section with the exception of Vision of Escaflowne (and Pita Ten, but my sister has those :p: ). Couldn't see any other manga outside of the clearance though, but I only took a quick look so there may be some more hiding somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    I bought a few Death Note volumes in Waterstones last week, it was 3 for 2 so I thought, "Why not?". XD Although, it took me a while to decide which manga to get, seeing as they had a few shelves full of the manga that I liked. >.<
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I have the opposite problem, I usually see two I like and can't decide on a third one because I either already have them or aren't interested in them . So I usually end up ordering online instead.

But its not like I don't collect much. I'm currently after vols. 3+ of Sgt. Frog, 6+ of xxxHolic and a few more series; none of the shops seem to have them despite the fact that they are UK licensed .

ReputationRep:
    when you mean none of the shops, do you mean just offline, cos i can find them online
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Amazon has Sgt. Frog, but I tend to only buy new US releases on Amazon to avoid waiting ages for it to come over here. They only seem to have xxxHolic 6 in the marketplace though, so I wouldn't be able to count it in my free delivery . But at least they are there for if I get desperate.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys... Jangrafess introduced me to this and i'm quite the noob

I'm really into Anime and i reackon this is the best place to start chatting

Maziki

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Amazon has Sgt. Frog, but I tend to only buy new US releases on Amazon to avoid waiting ages for it to come over here. They only seem to have xxxHolic 6 in the marketplace though, so I wouldn't be able to count it in my free delivery . But at least they are there for if I get desperate.
    try searching in bookbutler ;yes; it gives you a whole list of shops of where you can get them from. I found xxxHolic in bookdepository

edit: im not breaking the rules by typing this am I? I apologise if i have

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.