The Anime society Watch

This discussion is closed.
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Wow, not much left of series one for you now :p:. Do you think you'll watch series two afterwards? And yeah, Higurashi at night is pretty good. I need to find some new scary series, since Halloween is approaching :evil:. Jigoku Shoujo isn't bad, but since every episode is stand-alone there isn't much character development, I'm thinking more along the lines of Shadow Star Narutaru. Apparently that is more gruesome than it sounds.
eugenius 8
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Of course i'll watch season 2 afterwards It's starting to get a tad confusing again i got 2 episodes left, hope to finish Higurashi tonight.

Kenichi episode 46 was immense cant wait for ep 47 #excited# too bad it will finish at 50
Jangrafess
Badges: 16
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Aksan)
Hmmm, college starting has really hindered my ability to post on TSR.
Hehe. It ain't going to stop me. Although I wish it would. Spend far too much time on here.
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I hate it when a good anime series finishes, especially if there is no possibility of a second or third series . Series like Azumanga Daioh that came to a definite ending (i.e they all left school).

I'm still waiting for the release of episode 22 of Nagasarete Airantou, Ayako fansubs are so slow . Seems they're the only group subbing it though, which is a surprise giving it's popularity in Japan.

I intend to finish Shuffle! Memories tonight or tomorrow, afterwards I'll probably watch Bincho-tan in one sitting since it has so few episodes. Then I really ought to get round to finishing Wolf's Rain and Jigoku Shoujo.

@Jangrafess: Spending too much time on TSR is impossible, you're going nowhere :hmmm:
kage_maziki
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Mr AngryJellyFish, this game you spoke of with someone else... is there a link you can give us?? *knudge knudge*

thankies. I can see myself gettting very addicted to TSR... oh deary me.

And...

Nicely said Mr AngryJellyFish. On behalf of everyone here, on monday I shall give Jangrafess a mudkip that has "You cannot spend too much time in TSR" stuck on its forehead. Sound like a plan much??

KM
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by kage_maziki)
Mr AngryJellyFish, this game you spoke of with someone else... is there a link you can give us?? *knudge knudge*
Haruran or Higurashi Daybreak? I talk about lots of games :p:. Both are available on a few download sites, but I can't post links I'm afraid, goes against forum rules. But in circumstances like this, Google is your friend .

I used to have a Tentacruel called AngryJelly on Pokemon Gold (the fish part wouldn't fit) . Mudkip is pretty cool as well though.
kage_maziki
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ok thanks... i'll definately check the game out. Is it a 3rd person RPG??

Oh ye and where can i read up on these rules. I've been scolded about 4 times by Jangrafess. *i'll poke when we get to college*

KM
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
There are two links at the top of the page, one for the rules and the other for the FAQ. I advise you check them both to avoid being scolded further by Jangrafess .

Again I'm still not sure which specific game you're referring to. Was the post you read about the game Higurashi Daybreak or about the game Haruran? But it makes little difference for this question, as both games are 3rd person fighting games (i.e anime characters hitting each other with weapons/ shooting each other for reasons unknown). But you can change camera on Daybreak so you are fighting in first person, not sure if you can do that on Haruran. Also Daybreak allows LAN multiplayer games, Haruran will in future but it hasn't been activated yet as it is relatively new.

[edit] Any fans of Code Geass, Shakugan no Shana, Utawareumono, Kaibutsu Oujo, ARIA the Natural, Chocotto Sister, Hirohita, Polyphonica or Nanoha StrikerS in this soc? Only all these series have characters in today's Saimoe, but I haven't watched any of them. But since I'm so addicted to voting, I don't want to skip today's vote. So if you like those series let me know and I may give them my vote . (Preferably notify me in the next few hours though, I'm busy and I'm only vote at certain times).

Here are the exact characters and their lineups (I can only vote once in each group of three).

<< Sumeragi Kaguya @ Code Geass >>
<< Sakai Chigusa @ Shakugan no Shana >>
<< Sakuya @ Utawarerumono >>

<< Hime @ Kaibutsu Oujo >>
<< Mizunashi Akari @ ARIA The NATURAL >>
<< Choco @ Chocotto Sister >> Voting for Choco by request

<< Corticar te Apa Lagranges @ Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica >>
<< Ichinose Nono @ Hitohira >>
<< Arf @ Mahou Syoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS >>
kage_maziki
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The question is... which do u preffer.

I'm all about special acts that look flash and big sounds and "pretty" stuff like that.... also if one of them is turn based that would be good to know.

KM
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The question is... which do u preffer.

I'm all about special acts that look flash and big sounds and "pretty" stuff like that.... also if one of them is turn based that would be good to know.

KM
I prefer Higurashi Daybreak in terms of graphics, it also has more characters and LAN multiplayer (but as I said, Haruran will eventually as well). If you download the expansion it gives you even more characters, weapons and costumes; but I don't have the expansion yet so I can't say how these new things affect the game's playability.

Haruran has the advantage of being a lot smaller than Daybreak (201 MB as opposed to Daybreak's 2.66 GB). I had no idea such a good game could be so small :p:. The graphics aren't as good but you can have up to 4 characters per team which makes combat more interesting if a little manic (Daybreak has a 2 per team limit).

In terms of reliability, Higurashi Daybreak crashes fairly frequently when I use it (I'd say one in ten times I play it crashes). Haruran is more reliable, it has not crashed for me yet.

So both have their upsides and downsides, but if you're not that short on computer storage then I'd get both. As I said, Haruran hardly takes up any space anyway.

Here's the screens again, for compare/contrasting graphics:
Haruran 1
Haruran 2
Haruran 3

Daybreak 1
Daybreak 2
Daybreak 3

[edit 17:38] In reference to my last post, members have 1 hour 20 minutes from now to notify me if they want me to vote; I have received one request on another forum to vote for Choco but requests for the other two rounds are still up for grabs.
vin
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i watched the first ep of nagasarete airantou, it was quite funny, lol how thepeople on the ship just gave up right away but the granny sounds like orochimaru :wtf?::afraid:
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by vin)
but the granny sounds like orochimaru :wtf?::afraid:
That would be because the voice actress is the same :p:. But yeah, Nagasarete is very funny and seems to get funnier as it goes along .
Aksan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
A lot of the anime I'm currently watching are going to end next month. Anyone have any recommendations for some ongoing anime or some new autumn anime that are starting soon? Only thing I've noticed so far for autumn anime is Clannad.
kage_maziki
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Mr Angry Jelly fish... How do you rep someone???

Daybreak looks too cool and I need to show some love

And is Shakugan no Shana got good reviews?? I got the girl with her sword on my comp desktop but that's about all i know.

KM
vin
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
That would be because the voice actress is the same :p:. But yeah, Nagasarete is very funny and seems to get funnier as it goes along .
:eek:thats what i thought but wikipedia wasnt very helpful
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Mr Angry Jelly fish... How do you rep someone???

Daybreak looks too cool and I need to show some love

And is Shakugan no Shana got good reviews?? I got the girl with her sword on my comp desktop but that's about all i know.

KM
< Click that symbol above the post that you want to rep .

Shakugan no Shana has good reviews as far as I've heard, but I haven't watched it myself.

I'm closing the offer for vote requests now, only two minutes until I get my voting code.
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by vin)
:eek:thats what i thought but wikipedia wasnt very helpful
Wikipedia is only as helpful as the people who update it :p:.

@ Aksan: I'm in the same predicament, but if I hear of any good upcoming or ongoing series I'll let you know .
vin
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
watched af ew eps of Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan, funny how somone being killed every few mins can be so entertaingits not bad, specially the constantly die-ing
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by vin)
watched af ew eps of Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan, funny how somone being killed every few mins can be so entertaingits not bad, specially the constantly die-ing
I watched that a few weeks back, it's nothing special IMO but still quite entertaining. Which reminds me that the second series is now being released, I already have episode one but haven't watched it yet. There's one ongoing anime for you Aksan, provided you've watched/ want to watch series one :p:. But I doubt it's going to be a long series, the first series was only 4 episodes (or 8 mini episodes), so I'll still be on the lookout for other new anime.
Aksan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm actually going to watch Shakugan no Shana. I heard there was a series two coming out this autumn, so I'm going to watch series 1 in preparation for it.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (538)
80.18%
Leave (133)
19.82%

Watched Threads