Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently listening to "Rocks" from Naruto backwards. It's hilarious. I'm gonna try Hare hare yukai in a minute.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Mikuru Beam!

Shinku asked for it, she was mean to Suigintou first :mad: But I'll still be supporting Shinku as the last Rozen Maiden character left. As long as she doesn't face Rena :p:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone seen Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~? it looks good

ReputationRep:
    I'm really happy Louise won, yay!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Well, on the plus side it will make it much easier for Rena to win! I've supported her since the start but this is the first time I've actually believed she had a chance :eek4:. I'd say her biggest threats are Nanoha and Shinku (who aren't as popular as they used to be) and Tsukasa (if Rena can beat one twin she can beat the other ). Konata, Nagi and Louise are semi-powerful, they may survive depending on their opponent. And Rika is all but doomed

ReputationRep:
    Rika or Rena FTW

ReputationRep:
    Tsukasa from what series? <.<
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Aksan)
    Tsukasa from what series? <.<
    Lucky Star, the only Tsukasa in the top eight .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Lucky Star, the only Tsukasa in the top eight .
    Ah. I think I would want either Rika or Konata to win then. =P Not particularly found of Rena. <.<
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Konata is possible, but Tsukasa is the more popular of the two LS characters. So unless Tsukasa is beaten (which would result in all Lucky Star fans voting for Konata as their only hope of victory), I'd say she doesn't have the popularity to win. And Rika is the only character who hasn't exceeded 1,000 votes in at least one round, so as much as I like her I'm forced to admit she looks to be the weakest of the top 8

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand the logic. How can Tsukasa possibly be more popular than Konata? It doesn't make sense. Out of the four 'main' characters in LS, Tsukasa is easily my least favourite. So frustrating. =P
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Well out of the four main characters I disliked Kagami the most. But she was everyone's predicted winner until Rena beat her in the block Semi Final (I put it down to some fan's overconfidence, they didn't feel the need to vote as they thought Kagami was 'invincible'). Miyuki (my no.1 fave LS character) received pathetically low numbers of votes and fell in round 2 because people thought she was too 'generic' .

ReputationRep:
    I like Miyuki but I have to admit she does fall into the generic meganekko category... =P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truered)
    I'm currently listening to "Rocks" from Naruto backwards. It's hilarious. I'm gonna try Hare hare yukai in a minute.
    ya it is...very hilarious infact.....but the season 2 opening theme(hakura kanata) rocks right??
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Aksan)
    I like Miyuki but I have to admit she does fall into the generic meganekko category... =P
    But those characters are the best! Why improve or change something that works so well in so many series? :p:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    The characters have been randomized; the quarter final lineups have been decided and on the whole they look good to me

Quarter Final 1

Ryuuguu Rena vs Takamichi Nanoha

(This one worries me the most; but due to StrikerS' unpopularity compared with series 1 and 2 it's still possible for Rena to win).

Quarter Final 2

Izumi Konata vs Sanzenin Nagi

(I've underestimated Nagi from the start, so I hope I'm not doing so again when I say Konata should win this).

Quarter Final 3

Furude Rika vs Louise Françoise Le Blanc de La Vallière

(The Rozen Maiden fans will likely vote for Rika to avenge Gin. I don't approve of grudge voting, but it's Rika's best chance of winning).

Quarter Final 4

Shinku vs Hiiragi Tsukasa

(Two big threats out of Konata, Rena and Rika's way; again this could turn into a Desu vengeance round. But Tsukasa gets my vote).

ReputationRep:
    Shinku came this far? I'm worried right now..
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Shinku was fairly obviously going to make the final eight, if only because there were no other really strong characters in her group. But even though she has yet to face any real threats this time round I'd still say she is a strong competitor. She was a runner up last year, and as the only character left to represent a strong fanbase she will have a lot of backing.

ReputationRep:
    At least Rena is in it xD
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I've been browsing the blogs and forums, seems these lineups suit nearly everybody! Most people seem to be voting the same way as me (except in 4, where there is a huge divide between Shinku and Tsukasa fans). I'm a lot more confident about Rika now; Louise has beaten girls from Kanon, School Rumble and now Rozen Maiden as well so three pretty big fanbases want her out (and no one thinks of Rika as a threat, so she may slip through)!

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.