The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4640
Sephirona
Never buy hardly anything from E-bay. Trust me :frown:

I avoid that place with a passion.

Also why? What happened? :frown:
They lied about the condition of the books. I'm trying to get my monies back.
I tend to only use ebay for merchandise (and other stuff that you just can't get on Amazon/Play). You do have to be careful with condition though; their definition of 'good condition' may differ from yours so unless it's an obvious exaggeration e.g a 'like new' manga with missing pages or a damaged cover, you may have problems getting your money back :s-smilie:
HEY. At least I can read the pages, right? :frown:
Well I've bought books from Amazon marketplace that were reduced due to damage. It depends on whether you want a collection that looks good or whether you just want cheap manga TBH; I used to try to keep mine in good condition but my sisters weren't so careful with them and several of them now have bent covers etc. Plus the pages of most of my Love Hina and A.I. Love You volumes are yellowing with age :s-smilie:
Reply 4645
:p: AJ if u ever decide to sell, inform me and give me a good discount:smile:
I doubt that will happen anywhen soon :p:
Reply 4647
So what does a University of Kent anime nerd's bookshelf look like?

Spoiler

Don't doesn't include my Negima/Gunslinger Girl and Azumanga Daioh manga as well as my box of anime (and some non anime stuff) under my bed.

Just so you know I wasn't making it all up :wink:
Reply 4649
Meh I flicked through it. Not as good, they tried to introduce an intertwining plot and add some sad moments...

That's a lie. It's just as great as before :biggrin:

I won the tachikoma (blue robot) in a prize raffle at the expo. Got a ticket because I brought Unit 02 from them.
Well my order was due to arrive today, but it's still 'being processed' :s-smilie:. I think I'll switch back to Amazon now that the demand will have died down a little.
Reply 4651
AngryJellyfish
Well my order was due to arrive today, but it's still 'being processed' :s-smilie:. I think I'll switch back to Amazon now that the demand will have died down a little.

Amazon's back to 1-3 weeks :frown:
*sticks with Blackwell* At least they have my order, and I doubt they'll make me wait over 3 weeks for it :p:

[edit] I think I know what your previous 'bomb in a dating game' usertitle was a reference to now Truered :biggrin:
Reply 4653
Well it was about time someone did :p:
Well most people here are have mainly stuck to newer anime, with the exception of the Ghibli films (including myself actually, mainly because newer series are easier to get hold of on download sites/DVD). But if the rest of the series is as good as the first four episodes I'd certainly recommend Excel Saga to anyone who likes weird anime :biggrin:.
Reply 4655
All this talk made me go and watch Excel Saga 25 :smile:
#zomg# @ all Truered's manga, my shelf isnt long enough to fit all my manga + uni books :frown:
I have a revolving bookshelf for my manga (it was meant to be a DVD shelf, but they're about the same size :p: ). It holds abut 80 volumes, the rest have piled up on top of it/ have been put anywhere else in my room where there is free space :biggrin:
Reply 4658
Oh and also...

Mini manga: http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/6011/dcp4642hx1.jpg

Box o'anime (and other things)

:smile:
*does not have webcam with him*

*has left huge anime/manga collection at home*

I have My Neighbours the Yamadas and Chrono Crusade (gospels 2 and 3) with me at the moment, as well as vol. 3 of Someday's Dreamers Spellbound :biggrin:

Latest