The Anime society Watch

This discussion is closed.
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Rena from Higurashi, the Rena who will (hopefully) take Nagi home in tonight's round ;yes;

Current scores (inc. fakes):

Rena = 365
Nagi = 286
kestral
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
Rena from Higurashi, the Rena who will (hopefully) take Nagi home in tonight's round ;yes;

Current scores (inc. fakes):

Rena = 365
Nagi = 286
might try watching higurashi again at some point.
Hayate no gotoku is harder to find.
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by kestral)
might try watching higurashi again at some point.
Hayate no gotoku is harder to find.
I just looked, I can find Hayate no Gotoku on one streaming site and several download sites. So it's out there .
kestral
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
download sites dont work at uni apart from stage6
and anime crasting crashes my computer
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
download sites dont work at uni apart from stage6
and anime crasting crashes my computer
Stage6 sucks IMO . Veoh is better.
kestral
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Stage6 sucks IMO . Veoh is better.
veoh would be amazing if it worked at uni :mad:
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Your uni's network must suck worse than mine! :eek: ;console;

I just finished Wolf's Rain (finally!). The ending was made of pure win, I'm actually debating in my mind whether it was as good or better than Haruhi Suzumiya! But I think I'll leave my top five be for now, while both series are great neither had the same effect on me as Elfen Lied or Haibane Renmei and I'm sure there must be more series of the same uber quality out there.

In 15 minutes I'll start a new series to replace Wolf's Rain. The options I have here on my laptop are 'Cowboy Bebop', 'Deathnote', 'Shakugan no Shana', 'Umisho' and 'Yoake mae Yori Ruriiro na Crescent Love'. Any members who are online have 15 minutes to convince me which one I should choose (even if you don't know any of them, just pick one at random. My mind is too indecisive at this time of night!)
kestral
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Cowboy bebop is amazing!!!!!!!!!!
the music and animation are both great and it has a completely original storyline!
deathnote starts out good but........
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
^ A quick response that wasn't Deathnote, amazing :p:.

I just don't bother asking for general recommendations on forums besides this soc anymore because every time I ask everyone says the same few series over and over. Maybe Deathnote is as good as everyone says, I shall find out when I watch it. But there are loads of other good series that few people know about .
kestral
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
^ A quick response that wasn't Deathnote, amazing :p:.

I just don't bother asking for general recommendations on forums besides this soc anymore because every time I ask everyone says the same few series over and over. Maybe Deathnote is as good as everyone says, I shall find out when I watch it. But there are loads of other good series that few people know about .
I watched death note, it started out great, but i was sick of it by ep20
and there are soo many more episodes!
Truered
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Cowboy Bebop is pretty darn good, and held in high regard. I'm going to one day get out my box set and watch it completely. I loved the movie and that isn't meant to be as good as the series.

Death Note is ok and then a certain event happens halfway through and then the plotline changes...to give you a clue, some people quit reading the manga after volume seven or eight- and it goes on until twelve
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I watched death note, it started out great, but i was sick of it by ep20
and there are soo many more episodes!
37 altogether, it will be the first series I've seen that's longer than 30. At least it's only two figures though :p:

Why were you sick of it, out of interest?

[edit]Decided, I'll watch Cowboy Bebop ;yes; *goes to watch*
kestral
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
37 altogether, it will be the first series I've seen that's longer than 30. At least it's only two figures though :p:

Why were you sick of it, out of interest?
Probly the same reason Tru said.
Truered
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Bah you want to know what really annoys me?

There isn't a zombie based manga/anime about. Sure there's zombie powder which was cancelled...

Just imagine it, a 26 episode series following a small group of survivors with ultra violence chucked in.

However knowing my luck it'd probably be full of fanservice and every cliche in the book.
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Zombie-Loan has zombies, but they're a little different from the usual zombie stereotypes. Plus they're a minority, it's not an 'everyone is a zombie except for a few survivors' scenario.
Sephirona
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Dailymotion is the only website I can view Anime through at college. The worst graphics >_<
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Official Saimoe semi-final video. Pretty cute ;yes;

I also found the preview vid made before the tournament started, it shows most if not all the entrants (plus a few non-qualifiers too!) and pays most attention to the new faves (e.g Lucky Star, Hayate) and some of the characters returning from last year who did well (e.g Eruruu, Desu).

[edit] current scores (inc. fakes):

Rena = 942
Nagi = 769

If Rena wins this, I'm not sure whether to play safe and vote Rika next round for a guaranteed Higurashi champion; or vote Shinku to make the final more interesting. Shinku as champion wouldn't be bad either. I think I'll wait and see the voting figures at the first update later before deciding.
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Final result:

1301 Sanzenin Nagi
1209 Ryuuguu Rena

USODA!!! Once again I underestimated Nagi . I was so certain Rena could win this one, but it seems I still haven't learned from the last four times Nagi beat the character I voted for :banghead:. Congrats to the Hayate fanbase for another shocking victory!

Rika has my vote tonight, but if Shinku wins she will get my vote in the final. If Nagi wins overall, I may have to scrap my 'to watch' list and watch Hayate no Gotoku immediately :p:.
Truered
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
And in other news, in the virtual bar I have partially disproved the me=Narutard theory
eugenius 8
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Rena lost...:cry:

:congrats: @ Narutard :p:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (75)
19.43%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (156)
40.41%
Nope, not that interesting (155)
40.16%

Watched Threads