Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime society watch

Announcements
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    It will continue to do so for a lot longer still, on average in series one each 'chapter' lasts 4-5 episodes.

According to wiki, a live-action series for Higurashi has been announced for 2008. Oh dear...

ReputationRep:
    WOW/ segoii! new sig!!!!
    where's it from AJ?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by kestral)
    WOW/ segoii! new sig!!!!
    where's it from AJ?
    My sig is from the Higurashi special episode/Anime-Planet's sig maker ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    It's cool!
    Live actions can be hilarious!!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    They can be funny, they can be really good. But most are cringe-worthy, especially after seeing the anime/reading the manga and knowing how good it should be.

ReputationRep:
    well, i've only seen one live action.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    That was Gokusen if I remember correctly, right? I've heard that was one of the better ones, haven't seen it myself but I thought the anime was hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah - your memory is amazing!!!
    which ones have you seen?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Only the first episode of Negima (awful), and the first episode of Jigoku Shoujo (cool effects, not bad). But I've seen trailers for some others and they rarely look that good TBH. And they don't get rated that highly either, so I tend to avoid them.

ReputationRep:
    There is a trailer for the higurashi live action, but i could only find it in non subbed japanese, and i cant remember where i saw it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Only the first episode of Negima (awful), and the first episode of Jigoku Shoujo (cool effects, not bad). But I've seen trailers for some others and they rarely look that good TBH. And they don't get rated that highly either, so I tend to avoid them.
    Wait that's out? I remember I couldn't even listen to the trailer as it looked a bit like a fan film about Harry Potter only with girls and a girl pretending to be a young boy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truered)
    Wait that's out? I remember I couldn't even listen to the trailer as it looked a bit like a fan film about Harry Potter only with girls and a girl pretending to be a young boy
    That could be amusing for someone who knows nothing about negima.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by kestral)
    There is a trailer for the higurashi live action, but i could only find it in non subbed japanese, and i cant remember where i saw it.
    It started airing in early October I think, I saw the raw on youtube in pretty bad quality (I was just watching it for lolz). The effects sucked, the acting wasn't great, I didn't need to understand what they were saying to know that :p:

[edit] Here are a few other avatars that I considered using but decided against, just for laughs:

Best fight scene ever.
    Invisible juggling!
    Scary Rika (not moe enough given the current circumstances!)
    One day, Guu shall be my avatar. One day, but not today.
    People often misinterpret the actions in my avatars, they were bound to do so with this one...

ReputationRep:
    Oooh it's been November for almost an hour.

Plan: Hand in work tommorrow, hope Naruto game is dispatched.

Watch 17-20 of Gurren Lagann

Friday: Hope Naruto game may arrive. Attend lecture, watch Azumanga Daioh

Weekend: Watch NGE with anime soc as well as End of Evangelion across Saturday and Sunday
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I'm going to work hard to finish my essay tomorrow so that I can have this weekend totally free. I plan to watch the Ah! My Goddess movie, as well as loads of Excel Saga and Cowboy Bebop (which I'm loving so far by the way!)

ReputationRep:
    Plan - go to bed.
    dont oversleep test
    continue work on data report without getting distracted
    :rolleyes:
    Cowboy beebop i watch as one offs when i'm really depressed. cheers me up for some reason.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I find myself unable to stop watching Cowboy Bebop, other than my obligatory Halloween eps of Jigoku Shoujo it's all I've watched today!

ReputationRep:
    wicked av AJ :cool:

Time to watch Perfect Blue :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    At one in the morning?

What, do you have a ten minute chryostasis sleep and then a 23 hour day?

ReputationRep:
    night eugen :hugs:
    I'm off to bed now too!
    :hugs: AJ
    Edit: :hugs: narutard:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.