The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5620
I'm currently making a small list of anime to buy.:smile:

Hey AJ, how is Wolf's rain? I watched the first 4 episodes but it wasn't enough for me to make an opinion.

Also I find one of the theme's hilarious. Just sitting there in the (lecture) theatre (I watched the episodes with my society) and then all of a sudden...

STRAAAAAAAY! STRAAAAAY!
The themes for Wolf's Rain are awesome, though I prefer the ending theme ;yes;. I was going to ask you why that series was the only thing on your A-P 'dropped' list, admittedly it's a bit slow to start but its worth sticking with it as it's a great series :p:. The ending in particular is pretty good.

[edit] Went shopping today, picked up DVD 3 of Elemental Gelade and Moon Phase (seen both, but I wanted to own them on DVD as they're worth the money). Also got a few Korean films, Oldboy (which is awesome) and Lady Vengeance, another by the same director which I haven't seen yet.
Ichigo?

Oh! Just began clannad and I've finished watching episode 6 (ep 7 isn't subbed yet :frown: ). Probably one of the best anime I've seen for some time. :smile:

ooooh ive been wanting to watch that #excited# but i still got quite a few anime to watch first :smile:
I also got vol. 1 of the Cowboy Bebop manga as I was bored, and since every chapter seems to be stand alone I can buy the rest of the series as and when I feel like it. Whereas there are some series where every volume seems to end on a cliffhanger (Negima, and anything by CLAMP for example) and I feel the need to go out and get the others immediately and lose a lot of money as a result :redface:. I finished Yotsuba! 5, awesomeness. Yanda's character was pure genius :rofl:
Reply 5624
I watched the first five episodes of Cowboy Bebop. Pretty good, luckily I happen to like jazz, so the soundtrack has been great for me.

Yeah AJ, basically I recommended CB to you on the back of the movie and the first episode :redface:
Reply 5625
I've been watching a fair bit of anime since I moved and I've rewatched cowboy bebop, trigun, hellsing, Chobits, Love Hina, Bleach, naruto, Yakitate! Japan and a few other series. I have also worked my way through most of gungrave, Last exile, wolf rain and inital D.
Reply 5626
:eek:
8 eugenius
ooooh ive been wanting to watch that #excited# but i still got quite a few anime to watch first :smile:

watch Clannad!! #excited# It's probably one of the best anime being subbed now. :smile:
wiwarin_mir
I've been watching a fair bit of anime since I moved and I've rewatched cowboy bebop, trigun, hellsing, Chobits, Love Hina, Bleach, naruto, Yakitate! Japan and a few other series. I have also worked my way through most of gungrave, Last exile, wolf rain and inital D.

Welcome back, long time no see :smile:.

I'll bet rewatching all those series took a long time, especially Naruto and Bleach! Did you also rewatch the filler episodes?
Reply 5629
Grr Rebuild of Evangelion better get a DVD release over here.

Or at the very least a DVD release I can get without expensive importing.:frown:
Rebuild of Evangelion = Saimoe 2008 threat :afraid:
Reply 5631
Why?
Because Rei Ayanami in particular is 'slightly' more popular than a lot of my fave characters.
Reply 5633
Asuka and Misato FTW

Misato :love:

So AJ, have you told the leader about how you ran this society into the ground, with discussions about tentacles, Yotsuba and Middle Earth? :p:
Truered
So AJ, have you told the leader about how you ran this society into the ground, with discussions about tentacles, Yotsuba and Middle Earth? :p:

Ran it into the ground!?! It's never been so active :hmmm:. We now make about three pages a day rather than three a fortnight, and aside from the odd discussion about Middle Earth and the occasional friendly insult it's been pretty much on topic ;yes;. Urotsukidoji and Yotsuba are anime/manga related, so they're fine :p:.
Reply 5635
So, is anyone familiar with a series called My-HiME? The name caught my attention while browsing through a booklet in my Cowboy Bebop boxset.
Reply 5636
AngryJellyfish
Ran it into the ground!?! It's never been so active :hmmm:. We now make about three pages a day rather than three a fortnight, and aside from the odd discussion about Middle Earth and the occasional friendly insult it's been pretty much on topic ;yes;. Urotsukidoji and Yotsuba are anime/manga related, so they're fine :p:.

:hugs:

Notice how it became much more active around the time I joined up and did over 200 posts in just over a month :p: :wink:
Truered
Notice how it became much more active around the time I joined up and did over 200 posts in just over a month :p: :wink:

I acknowledge your part in keeping this place active with your... interesting conversations. But before I became co-leader I was the third highest poster here, with vin and wiwarin_mir a fair bit ahead of me. That was in the summer, and I now account for 20% of the posts here, nearly double vin's postcount. And it isn't all spam :p:.

Interestingly, at this moment in time I have 1234 posts here (though this one will make it 1235).

I will have finished Gunparade March by next week, I'll likely replace it with Death Note. Yes, I'm not going to put it off any longer; so many people like it yet it doesn't seem to have as many 'haters' as most uber popular series so it must be pretty good.

[edit] Mai-HiME = awesomeness. Not quite as good as the followup series Mai-Otome, but still a great series as I'm sure Date/Kag/Hay/Ichi will tell you.
Reply 5638
AngryJellyfish
I acknowledge your part in keeping this place active with your... interesting conversations.

:blush:

This'll sound stupid but the actual title I'm looking at seems to be "My"-HiME- probably just the English title huh? Something about a girl and a school and my eyes are really tired :frown:
Mai-Hime = My-Hime ;yes; Its a good series :smile:

edit: i have now seen 11 episodes of Gunslinger Girl, only 2 left :frown:, it basically covers the first vol. of the manga but the anime IMO is a lot better ;yes; Ive heard theres quite a few more volumes of the manga so thinking about getting them so i could continue after the anime has finished :hmmmm: but i didnt enjoy the first vol. of the manga much :s-smilie: or I could wait for the 2nd series which will come out next Spring :biggrin:

Latest