Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Cool Tru! I'm on chapter 3 with my fanfic. Less Than Fantasy, More Than Reality – Chapter 2
    Sephirona
    Spoiler:
    Show

“Stay quiet, don't move,” Mark thought to himself.

It was pitch black in the room. Mark felt a sudden tremble as he saw a flashlight turn on near the entrance of the room. The surrounding walls erupted in dull, orange light.

Hunters. The government's elite team of police especially trained for capturing and killing Diclonius. Of course, the had a record of not keeping civilians as safe as they would be even with Diclonius around. So he would die here. Barely 20 years old and dead. That was the world.

Mark was hiding under a desk, but he could feel the gun. He was sure everyone in the room could. Guns were too familiar to everyone to not know what one was like, even if they didn't see it pointed at them. An gunshot rang out. Mark heard the distinct scream and sudden silence of a man being shot in the head. It chilled him to the bone.

He could see as a man got up. A co-worker. He removed his hat, revealing his pair of horns. A Diclonius. The Hunter started shooting at the Diclonius, but it was of little use. Vectors were far too mobile and strong for simple bullets shot from a pistol. Mark saw the Hunter suddenly bend over, and a second later, his entrails had spilled onto the ground. Blood stained the ground and walls as more and more pieces of the Hunter began to come apart too.

The vectors, now stained in blood, could now be seen in horrific lucidity. He had at least 3 pairs of vectors, bloody immaterial hands pulling back from the dead Hunter as the Diclonius retracted the vectors. Just like human hands, Mark thought. The Diclonius had at least a range of 10 feet. Mark had known of the killing power of these shadowy little arms before, but he had never seen it personally. This was not the first time he saw death however: he'd probably seen a dozen people murdered innocently by the police as well as the Hunters before. He suddenly wondered how Diclonius could turn their vectors into solid at will and into something invisible and ethereal the rest of the time.

He didn't have much time to think, though, as the light suddenly cut off once again as the Diclonius smashed the flashlight quickly with his vectors. A few seconds later, however, the silence was again broken by an explosion, as he saw a small glowing blast coming from the head of the Diclonius. Drones, he thought. An innovation created to stop Diclonius. They were tiny machines, barely noticeable, that could pack enough explosive power to do small damage, but not actually really hurt anyone. They were deployed to fly to the heads of the Diclonius and attach to a horn then explode.

Mark heard yells of pain as the fragments of the Diclonius horn scattered across the room. Barely 3 inches tall and more of an obtuse triangle than a horn, they weren't very threatening, but conspicuous enough to tip off someone as a Diclonius. And in this shoot first as questions later world, it was no joke. The horns were sometimes hunted for sport even. As the flash from the explosion subsided, Mark heard a sound like a metal can bouncing around on the ground and coming nearer. Mark ducked for cover.

The grenade blast seemed to knock out Mark's hearing for a few seconds. He felt the force of the wind created by the explosion lift him up a few inches, then felt something heavy smash into his back. There was little he could see, but he still smelt the odor of burnt flesh and blood as it splattered everywhere in the room. Suddenly a table hit him in the head and he passed out.

Mark awoke with a splitting headache and a girl wrapping his head up with a bloodied cloth.

“It's alright now,” he heard, “They're gone now. They were sent to kill that guy that tried to fight back. I guess they succeeded.”

The thoroughness of it all sickened him. He was sure if they didn't succeed, more and more cops and Hunters would be sent to this place. Could the world really afford to give up 5 or 6 lived for each Diclonius they aim to stop?

“Who's still here?” asked Mark weakly.

As he opened his eyes he saw her: long, blond hair and a sweet face. The most distinguishing feature she had however were her eyes. They were a deep, dark red, almost unheard of among anyone. They seemed so dark and distant, but at the same time near and sad. She wore two small blue ribbon in here hair.

“Just me and you,” she said. She looked down and Mark could see a tear come to her eyes. “He... was... my... friend... They were all my friends. Even if just for the moment... Why did so many people have to die?”

“I wish I could answer that...” Mark said. “I knew the Diclonius too. I didn't know him as a Diclonius, no, but I knew him as a friend and a co-worker. Diclonius are humans too, just like the rest of us... I wish they could just see that.”

She seemed to shudder a bit at the words.

“My... my name is Amy,” she said, “I wish I could call you a friend for longer than I'm going to be calling you a friend.”

“My name's Mark,” he replied. He paused. “I don't know what to say. The world's a paradox. You could always escape this hell though death, but then what would have been the point of our existence here? And besides, we'd probably end up in hell anyways, not that I don't think it would still be an improvement over this life.”

“You're... not gonna really just give up on life, are you?” she asked, tears coming back to her eyes, “I don't want to see any more death.”

“Don't cry...” Mark said, “The world needs more people like you. The world needs more people that can feel pain. It's like we've all just lost that ability now in today's world.”

“You don't have any plans for life?” she asked.

“What life?” he said with some exclamation, “We have no lives here. We're all as good as dead as soon as we're born. Amy... I don't want to be mad at you. I just hate this world. There's nothing right about it at all.”

“I don't hate this world. Mark, no matter how much life turns bad and everyone seems to hate you, I still think that this is my home, and there's nothing anyone can do to make me forget that,” she said. She stared at Mark. He stared back.

“Those eyes... They're so... different. Amy, I'm always so mad at the world, so hateful of everything. Red is supposed to mean anger, but I don't see it in you. I swore I would hate the sight of red for all this death I see all around me, but your eyes give me hope, not dread. It's another paradox, yes, but... Amy, you're eyes are beautiful,” he said slowly, carefully thinking through his speech.

“I'm glad you think so. I'm sure many will disagree,” she said, partially happy but partially cautious at the same time, “It reminds me of her.”

“Her?” he asked.

“Lucy, the last true pure Diclonius,” she said, “It's not easy to be compared to the mother of all hatred this world knows.”

They looked down.

Mark felt Amy's arms fall around his back as she grabbed him in a hug. He head fell on his shoulder as she cried into his shoulder. As her gentle sobs rocked him, he felt tears well up in his own eyes.

Mark closed his eyes and rested his shoulder onto Amy's then leaned back to the wall. He was still sitting against the wall, injured and covered in remnants of the dead, but here, sharing tears with a new friend, he finally felt safe.

“It's all wrong,” Amy said through her sobs, “The world is all wrong. I don't even know my own family. Everyone's bloodlines have been cut so short.”

“I barely know my own family. I know my sister's around, but she lives close and she's relatively safe. She's a lot more able to stand solitude than I am, but I guess in this world friends means death. I hope I haven't signed your death warrant, Amy,” he said.

Amy didn't say anything, but continued crying into Mark's shoulder. He felt the tears through his shirt now, stinging his injuries slightly. Still, he wasn't bothered by it.

“Amy... Do you think we'll be able to just go on from this? Who will pay the doctor for me? How will I get money now that my workplace is a smoldering crater? Where do you work anyways?” Mark asked.

“Mark, I just get along. Whatever work I can find is alright, but I don't think we should be doing much. Personally, I switch from job to job a lot. Mark, you have insurance, don't you? It'll cover enough. I know it won't be much, but you'll be alright while you're recovering,” she said, “I still think it's wrong of them to hurt an innocent man like you.”

“Wrong? No more or less wrong than we are to be alive. We're all wrong. It's wrong to be in this world. You can't be living right now and be right,” he responded.

“Mark, I'll get an ambulance to come get you...” she didn't want to say much. It was hard for her to accept the fact that there was no good left in the world, and she didn't want to accept it. She knew there were too many things left that just couldn't be evil.

“I'll just be waiting. Waiting for things to get better...” he said.

Amy walked outside of the room. Mark had just noticed that it was pretty dark out. It was still light out when the Hunters first arrived in the room. The artificial lighting was on, though it was blinking on and off from electrical circuit damage, and it wasn't very bright. He could hardly imagine it. An entire office torn to shreds by Hunters in a few minutes. The death of his co-worker was still fresh in his mind. He knew there were at least 2 other people in the room with him, and Amy had said no one else was alive, so it meant they must have been killed by the blast as well. In his mind he still saw the explosion, still felt the force of the wind, still felt the burning heat of the blast, and still tasted and smelled the scorched flesh all over the place.

Amy returned a minute later.

“Just hang tight, Mark. You're not bleeding right now, so it's nothing that could be fatal. At least nothing on the outside. I... I hope you're not in pain right now.”

“Amy, I'm just fine. I can't move, or at least I'm afraid to move my body, but it's nothing that bad. By the way, I wanted to ask. Where were you when they came in here anyways?”

“I was on my way here to give a present to Peter, you know, the guy they were after,” she said, “Well I saw the place locked down by Hunters and I knew something was wrong. I ran into a hiding spot nearby and then waited for them to leave before I came in here to see how much damage was done. I'm glad you're not a casualty.”

“A gift?” he asked.

“It's Peter's birthday today,” she said. She began to cry once more, “I... I... I only wanted to wish him a happy birthday. I never even got to see him again...”

Her cries brought lost feelings to the heart of Mark. He sighed. Suddenly the ambulance was heard pulling up to the building.

“They're here,” he said, more to himself than to Amy.

He was put onto a stretcher in pain, but then he lay there for the rest of the trip in more comfort than he had been in previously. As the ambulance was getting Mark's stretcher into their car, Amy asked the driver how Mark looked.

“Well, he's got a few broken ribs, but he doesn't have any serious external injuries and as far as we can tell nothing bad internally either. He's one lucky son of a gun to be still alive here through a grenade blast,” he said, “Now, how long has he been here?”

“Quite a few hours now,” Amy said, “Is that good?”

“Well, I'll tell you what. If he had a serious internal injury, he wouldn't be here by now, so yes it's good news to hear. We just have to get him to the hospital now and let him rest. Are you gonna be checking up on him?”

“I guess I'll come to see him once in a while, depending on how long it takes for him to heal,” she said.

“Well you know where the hospital is, right?” asked the ambulance driver.

“Yeah I do,” she said.

“Then we gotta get going,” he said, “Hope to see you again on better terms.”

The ambulance rode off with Mark in it. Amy held up her head as it was pulling off and stared at the ambulance. Her eyes followed the vehicle all the way to the horizon until it vanished off in a turn and folded into the mass of unknowing, hateful vehicles the rest of the world owned.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I can remember when I first started watching anime downloads, I used Windows Media Player 9 and Real Player :banghead:. Then I discovered VLC, which was prone to crashing and had weird subtitles . Then I found the CCCP's version of MPC and I've never had to use any other program since

ReputationRep:
    I really want to buy D.Gray-man vol. 7 but I'm so short on money and money I do have left shall be spent on Super Mario Galaxy. >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I can remember when I first started watching anime downloads, I used Windows Media Player 9 and Real Player :banghead:. Then I discovered VLC, which was prone to crashing and had weird subtitles . Then I found the CCCP's version of MPC and I've never had to use any other program since
    I used all sorts when I first started watching subbed anime including Windows Media Player, Real Player and VLC. :p:
    Now though, I just tend to watch .avi with Windows Media Player and anything else with MPC. ^.^

ReputationRep:
    I watch Anime on Veoh TV.

ReputationRep:
    I watch it on stage 6.
    stage 6 is rubbish! but nothing else works

ReputationRep:
    I watch DVDs :proud: Either on my laptop via media centre or rarely on TV

ReputationRep:
    I have 1 anime dvd called spirited away.

ReputationRep:
    The only anime DVDs I have are:
    Ghost in the Shell 2
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya vol. 1 and vol. 2

I would buy more, but like I said before I lack money, and anime DVDs are rather expensive when I can just watch fansubs. However, I will surely buy more once I get to uni. (I can already see myself getting into financial trouble. xD)

ReputationRep:
    Here's what I own

Spoiler:
    Show

Evangelion complete platinum collection 7 disks
    Love Hina collection
    Chobits collection
    GiTS SAC 1 + 2
    Azumanga Daioh 1-6
    Elfen Lied 1-4
    Hellsing 1-4 :mad:
    Cowboy Bebop Box 1+2 (complete series)
    Naruto Uncut season 1
    Excel Saga 1-6
    Voices of a Distant star
    Ghibli: Porco Rosso, Laputa, Mononoke, Nausicaa, Moving castle, Spirited away
    Akira
    Ghost in the shell
    Ninja Scroll (Film- complete balls)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    :rofl: You must be as confused as I was! :p:

You are watching it in the broadcast order right?

BUNNY OUTFIT!!!!! :eek:
    I could even say that was the best anime episode ever made it was that good :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephirona)
    I watch Anime on Veoh TV.
    :ditto: most of the time cos im at uni if i download the videos i watch it on windows media player, if its an mkv file then i watch it on Zoom player

ReputationRep:
    Haruhi Suzymiya is out on dvd already? :eek4:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    I could even say that was the best anime episode ever made it was that good :rofl:
    It was an awesome episode, one of the main reasons the series made my top 5 list ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aksan)
    The only anime DVDs I have are:
    Ghost in the Shell 2
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya vol. 1 and vol. 2

I would buy more, but like I said before I lack money, and anime DVDs are rather expensive when I can just watch fansubs. However, I will surely buy more once I get to uni. (I can already see myself getting into financial trouble. xD)
    which region are those dvds?

ReputationRep:
    It was an awesome episode, one of the main reasons the series made my top 5 list ;yes;
    That and the God Knows song :eek: Amazing! :love: I went on a anime song download frenzy after that :p:

ReputationRep:
    you're talking about the movie episode, or the other first one?
    I liked the other one, and didnt watch the movie one the whole way through cos i was like wtf?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    which region are those dvds?
    :hmmmm: there's a volume 2 of Haruhi?

I thought series 2 was being made for next march

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kestral)
    you're talking about the movie episode, or the other first one?
    I liked the other one, and didnt watch the movie one the whole way through cos i was like wtf?
    The movie one where mikuru is in a bunny outfit :rofl: The fight scenes with Yuki was like WTF?! :p:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Amazon has volumes 1-4 of Haruhi in region-free, but only in the marketplace. Check out all the stuff that comes with the box set! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Melancholy-H...4807571&sr=1-1

[edit] He said volume two (as in the second DVD) not series two Kag :p:

[edit2] HOW COULD ANYONE NOT WATCH THE MOVIE ALL THE WAY THROUGH?!?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.