Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime society watch

Announcements
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by kestral)
    xxxHolic is cooool!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ;yes; It was on my top 5 list way back before I watched Haibane Renmei, Hale + Guu and Higurashi Kai. I still really love that it though, next year's second series (together with the Gunslinger Girl and Haruhi Suzumiya second series) should make for great viewing! Plus eps 3+4 of Dokuro Chan the Second should be out in Feburary too

[edit] I thank you for your support Aksan :five:

ReputationRep:
    lol I agree - just the media over reacting again! I thought it was amusing.

Really looking forward to next years offerings - Haruhi 2 and xxxHolic 2 have me very excited!

I'm a bigger fan of the xxxHolic manga though, mainly due to the fabulous artwork......
    Spoiler:
    Show

(can you tell I downloaded the calendar last night yet?? lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    lol I agree - just the media over reacting again! I thought it was amusing.

Really looking forward to next years offerings - Haruhi 2 and xxxHolic 2 have me very excited!

I'm a bigger fan of the xxxHolic manga though, mainly due to the fabulous artwork......
    Spoiler:
    Show

(can you tell I downloaded the calendar last night yet?? lol)
    I love the anime style of xxxHolic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    AJ you never answered the question.

How will the new leader be chosen?

Oooh, I feel like Jeremy Paxman :p:

ReputationRep:
    New leader? Are we not happy with just having AJ & Juno?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I *think* I've now entered the stage in the Death Note anime where some people think it went downhill. Also, Higurashi Kai's last episode was awesome. So my top 5 list may be staying as it is afterall, it's all down to the last few episodes of both series now . Of course, if both endings disappoint (which I doubt will happen) then there's always a chance that another series could take the position ;yes;. I wish I wasn't so indecisive :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truered)
    AJ you never answered the question.

How will the new leader be chosen?

Oooh, I feel like Jeremy Paxman :p:
    poll?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kestral)
    poll?

Screw that. What this society needs is cheesy fight scenes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyhhF...eature=related
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    The new leader must be agreed on by both Juno and myself (and of course they have to want to do it themselves). The criteria I'm looking for are activity and a decent knowledge of several anime series. Decent grammar would help, but it's a necessity (though I wouldn't want a leader who uses txt spk, that's going too far). Also I'd be more willing to appoint someone who I feel won't try to backstab me and become the one and only leader :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    The new leader must be agreed on by both Juno and myself (and of course they have to want to do it themselves). The criteria I'm looking for are activity and a decent knowledge of several anime series. Decent grammar would help, but it's a necessity (though I wouldn't want a leader who uses txt spk, that's going too far). Also I'd be more willing to appoint someone who I feel won't try to backstab me and become the one and only leader :p:
    But that rules out everyone in this society! Hell, I bet you don't even fully trust yourself AJ :p:

ReputationRep:

:rofl: Gotta love Star Trek for the ultimate cheese!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    But that rules out everyone in this society! Hell, I bet you don't even fully trust yourself AJ :p:
    :lies:

TBH I have some idea of who would be good for the job, but there's no major hurry for a new leader so we may as well wait until this thread closes. New year, new thread, new leader. Seems a fitting time to me (assuming we do reach post 10,000 before next year).

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, give us a clue about who you're thinking of!

ReputationRep:

I remember that episode

ReputationRep:
    I dont think theres anyone fit enough to be leader apart from AJ and Juno

ReputationRep:
    Well if I continue being the chatterbox I am (140 posts within a week and only here!!!), we should hit 10,000 no bother!

ReputationRep:
    :eek: wow! higher posting rate than me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    I dont think theres anyone fit enough to be leader apart from AJ and Juno
    I can be surprisingly dedicated. Not that it get me anywhere.

Spent over a year as deputy, and then chief editor for an online magazine, giving up some of my Sunday evening every week, sometimes created over 50% of the articles myself, and a guy who hadn't worked on it at all for over a year and a half was nominated in the forum awards ahead of me for the writing team section.

That hurt.

ReputationRep:
    Ouch tru......some people are very ungrateful. :hugs:

EDIT:........seriously wanting to watch Code Geass again....and its entirely this amv's fault http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=P-SXg-15IMc (even though Code Geass is nothing like this!)
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Oooh, give us a clue about who you're thinking of!
    I can't do that, it would be disappointing for them later on if Juno disagrees or if I change my mind.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.