The Anime society Watch

This discussion is closed.
caraniel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Think I'm addicted to the 1st Bleach opening theme 'Asterisk' by Orange Range. Its my most listened to track in iTunes
kestral
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
where abouts in bleach do they use it? (episode range)
caraniel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The very 1st episodes.....1-26 I think. Its too damn catchy, I have on constantly in the car (along with new fav the latest D.Gray-man opening!)
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
This is my final download list for next year, excluding any series which aren't out yet (this must be #5 or #6, curse my indecisiveness and also the fact that there are so many good series out there!) I intend to watch over half of the following series if not all of them:

Seto no Hanayome
Kiddy Grade
Code Geass
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Clannad
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight
Ichigo Mashimaro
Hidamari Sketch
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi

[edit] Looking at that list now, and considering what I've read or been told about these series, that looks far better than my earlier drafts ;yes;
kestral
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by caraniel)
Think I'm addicted to the 1st Bleach opening theme 'Asterisk' by Orange Range. Its my most listened to track in iTunes
"Don't act a fool"?
caraniel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
This is my final download list for next year, excluding any series which aren't out yet (this must be #5 or #6, curse my indecisiveness and also the fact that there are so many good series out there!) I intend to watch over half of the following series if not all of them:

Seto no HanayomeDidnt make it past the 3rd ep of this - wasnt getting it, but I've heard good things about it regardless.
Kiddy Grade
Code Geass
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Clannad
I highly recommend these 3 series, especially Code Geass & Gurren Lagann!
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight
Ichigo Mashimaro
Hidamari Sketch
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi

[edit] Looking at that list now, and considering what I've read or been told about these series, that looks far better than my earlier drafts ;yes;
Havent seen the rest of them! lol

Aye Kes, that phrase is in it!
EDIT2: Cardcaptor Sakura version of it: http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=EIQ3xdR0cJY&eurl=
kestral
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by caraniel)
Havent seen the rest of them! lol

Aye Kes, that phrase is in it!
EDIT2: Cardcaptor Sakura version of it: http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=EIQ3xdR0cJY&eurl=
awesome!!!!!! they even had a similar annoying mascot!
caraniel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Aye! I came across it ages ago and thought it was extemely well done. Think I have a Naruto flash version saved somewhere too......

EDIT: yeap here it is! Its a Shippuden version http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=tRnMpxJcsEk
kestral
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
lol! thats great!
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The three on that list that I was most sure about were Code Geass, Gurren Lagann and Kiddy Grade. If they live up to my expectations, they ought to give my top 5 a run for their money. Kenichi will be my first uber long series (though that's 'only' 50 episodes). Clannad was mainly for the KyoAni artwork + ED :p:. Manabi Straight, Ichigo Mashimaro and Hidamari Sketch are schoolgirl anime, I'm hoping one of them at least will be as entertaining as Azumanga Daioh or Lucky Star. And Seto no Hanayome + Nanoha are mainly due to their success in Saimoe, I want to see why they did better than some of my fave characters!
caraniel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm considering sticking Kenichi on my pending list, solely because people here seem to think it is very good. Will have to wait til next year though, my watching and to watch lists are already very very full.
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm not downloading anything else until the new year, I want to finish everything on my watching list and start 10 completely new series next year. If I finish all my currently ongoing series before then and get desperate I'll just steal my sister's Chobits DVDs or copy my other sister's (mainly shoujo) series from her computer. Or I could just buy some DVDs (depends on how much money I have left after Christmas shopping).
caraniel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I dont think I'll run out of stuff to watch anytime soon......nearly all the series in my watching list are current and then I have a heap of semi-complete stuff in my stalled list that I really need to finish. Gaps are only going to arise when the Spring season starts in Japan, and then I'll probably pick up another heap of new series!

EDIT: Heading to bed now! Absolutely knackered and have to get up early for work
:hugs: :ciao: Cya tomorrow!
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I usually only start about one, maybe two ongoing series at once. There's a lot of good completed series out there and I don't want to have to wait for about 5 episodes a week when I could come back after they've finished airing and watch them back-to-back.

[edit] Just realized, at the beginning of October we were on ~3,600 posts. We've doubled that amount in two months :eek4: And yet if you go back a further 1,000 posts you suddenly find yourself reading posts from this time last year :p:
D-Day
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
First ever post in here. Don't hurt me

The only anime I've truly watched at length is Dragonball/DBZ (is that really anime?). I guess I could watch more. Where do yall view them?

Also, is Yu-Gi-Oh/GX really anime? I rather enjoy those series as well.

Don't kill me, I'm but an anime n00b
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by D-Day)

The only anime I've truly watched at length is Dragonball/DBZ (is that really anime?). I guess I could watch more. Where do yall view them?

Welcome . Yeah, Yu-Gi-Oh and DBZ are considered anime, though if you've been watching them on UK television then you've only seen the edited, censored 4kids versions whereas the originals are far better.

I personally download most of my anime as fansubs, because some great series may never be translated and make it to the UK. But there are plenty of online streaming sites (like youtube, but some have better quality) that host fansubs. So although I can't link to download or streaming sites a quick Google search should bring up several Alternatively, you could just get them on DVD, but that is expensive and the amount of series that make it to the UK isn't that great.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by D-Day)

I poke n00bs! :poke:

By our definition, Arthur is anime. So you can say DragonballZ is anime if you wish
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
By our definition, Arthur is anime. So you can say DragonballZ is anime if you wish
By your definition maybe :rolleyes:. I don't even consider Avatar to be anime, no matter how much it looks like it and no matter how good it is it was still animated in America and not Japan. Though Japanese animation intended for foreign audiences (Moomins, Afro Samurai etc) is fine by me. DBZ is as close to real anime as you can get though, 100% Japanese.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i like the moomins. i have a cuddly moomin.
kestral
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ooooo where'd you get that?????
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.11%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.4%
No I don't (546)
48.49%

Watched Threads