The Anime society Watch

This discussion is closed.
Aksan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
;yes; It was on my top 5 list way back before I watched Haibane Renmei, Hale + Guu and Higurashi Kai. I still really love that it though, next year's second series (together with the Gunslinger Girl and Haruhi Suzumiya second series) should make for great viewing! Plus eps 3+4 of Dokuro Chan the Second should be out in Feburary too

[edit] I thank you for your support Aksan :five:
You're welcome. =D
Has a second series of xxxHolic and Haruhi been confirmed? =o

*anxiously awaits the next episode of D.Gray-man to finish*
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've had all day to work on my assignment, but I couldn't be bothered to start until a few minutes ago. Only I can't do it on my own computer (lacks the required software) and the one and only decent computer in the workstation was being used . I'm not using the slow rubbishy ones, so I guess I'll have to watch anime for a little longer and check back later
kestral
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I want to be the main character of xxxHolics drinking partner!!!!
Truered
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by kestral)
I wish I were an Oscar Mayer wiener
caraniel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
:banghead: :bawling: System is still not fixed and wont be til tomorrow! Stress!!!!!!!

xxxHolic season 2 and Haruhi season 2 are both confirmed for next year Very exciting.
Aksan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by caraniel)
xxxHolic season 2 and Haruhi season 2 are both confirmed for next year Very exciting.
Oh, yay! I can't wait. ^.^
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I assume you mean Yuko? I always thought of Watanuki as the main character of xxxHOLiC, but both he and Yuko play pretty big parts so either of them could be given that title I suppose.

[edit] Don't forget Gunslinger Girl 2 and Dokuro-chan the Second! :party:
caraniel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think that if there was an xxxHOLiC drinking game where you had to drink everytime Yuuko or Mokona drink, you would soon be very incapacitated!
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by caraniel)
I think that if there was an xxxHOLiC drinking game where you had to drink everytime Yuuko or Mokona drink, you would soon be very incapacitated!
I've heard of several anime drinking games . For Utawarerumono, drink whenever you see a character of unknown or questionable gender (there are many :rofl: ); or for Night Nurse, drink every time you see a panty shot (although I haven't seen that series myself, from what I've heard there are many of those too) :p:.
D-Day
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
well then you'll get spanked, too :indiff:
:hubba:

:p:
caraniel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Is Night Nurse not a Hentai OVA series??

Drinking games are fun.......I miss them! Waah! Want to be a student again! The Real World sucks! :bawling:

EDIT: heading home now.....not much point in staying here any longer since the servers are fried.....going to have so much work to catch up on tomorrow! :banghead:

Talk to ya later!
Aksan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've heard of a hentai OVA series called Night SHIFT Nurse, but not Night Nurse. o.O

And furthermore, there are anime drinking games? What will they think of next... :p:
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Aksan)
I've heard of a hentai OVA series called Night SHIFT Nurse, but not Night Nurse. o.O
That's the one. As I said, I haven't seen the series so I was only writing it down from memory.
Truered
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
An anime drinking game

Spoiler:
Show

Here are rules for The Anime Drinking Game, it is suggested that you only use a few at a time (if you value your liver). The general rules are first followed by the one that are series specific.

General Rules:

Drink once whenever there is a bath/shower scene.

Drink once every time a robot combines/transforms etc. Twice if it is accompanied by the "Synthesized Battle Music Theme".

Drink once every time a character says an English word or phrase. Finish the bottle if the word is "Darlin".

Drink once whenever you see a sign, computer readout etc. in English. Three times if it's not spelled right.

Drink once whenever a Hyperdimensional sledgehammer/16 ton weight/.44 Automag is used to subdue somebody.

Drink once if the big giant robot ends up being piloted by somebody other than the person who was supposed to fly it.

Drink once when the background goes abstract for dramatic effect. If the action repeats itself X times, drink X times.

Drink once when an unexpected wind gust blows a character's hair to make him/her look pensive.

Drink once if a character has one eye covered constantly by his or her hair.

Drink once if a major character gets to have a long speech or monologue before he or she dies.

Drink once when a (beautiful) female character is shown in a slow pan from her ankles up to her head.

Drink once when a character's eyes vibrate to show inner tension.

Drink once when you get a theme song which sounds like "Tiffany On Helium."

Drink every two minutes of an episode of "Double Zeta Gundam" (You'll NEED it)

Drink once for a magical girls transformation sequence, twice if it's Sailor Moon.

Drink once anytime a number of characters in a scene fall over rigid, drink twice if it's specifically a "Takahashi falldown"

Drink once for an in-joke from another anime or Star Trek.

Drink once at the beginning of the show, (this is also cumulative) if one of the seiyuu is Hayashibara Megumi, Tsuru Hiromi, Sakuma Rei, Hidaka Noriko, Shimamoto Sumi, Tomizawa Michie, Inoue Kikuko, Aya Hisakawa, Shimazu Saeko or Ikeda Shuhichi.

Drink once when the laws of physics are violated (depending on your knowledge of physics, this is almost the entire show for anything mecha-related)

Drink once every time animation is reused in a series.

Drink once whenever bad food is prepared by an anime girl, half if someone actually eats it.

Drink once when someone is about to say something monumental only to be interrupted by a third party.

Drink once when someone shouts out the name of the attack before attacking.

Drink once on bathing suit scenes, the whole thing if it's actually relevant to the plot.

Drink once whenever the main character has fantasy dream sequences, chug if (s)he is rudely awakened by reality.

Drink once whenever excessive and needless violence is used. (Warning: Only for drinkers with a heavy tolerance!)

Drink twice whenever someone bleeds from the mouth.

Drink twice for a nosebleed.

Drink twice every time someone makes an elaborate death speech.

Drink twice every time someone dies just as they're about to say something important.

Drink half every time a character's hair changes to some completely weird color when in dim light. (such as Rally's hair in Silent Mobius, or Miyu's to an extent, whenever she's in the Dark.)

Drink once anytime a Miyazaki flying machine appears on the screen.

Drink whenever possible (e. g. in between breaths) while watching dubs. It dulls the pain.

Designated driver rule: Drink once when the military actually does a strategically intelligent move.

Designated driver rule: Drink once if you hear song lyrics that have a direct bearing on the plot.

AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Where do the general rules end and the series specific ones begin? Or are those all general? :eek:

[edit] Downloading the full version of Elfen Lied's OP Lilium. I'm also converting my old MP3 player into an anime-theme player, seeing as I now have quite a few
Aksan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Even if you only used a few of those at a time, you'd soon be dead as they pretty much hit every anime cliche. xD
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
They didn't mention 'drink for every girl attracted to the wimpy geeky male protagonist' :p:
Truered
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I found an EVA one, but I thought it was a bit spoilerific
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Interesting. Seems that the TV version of Lilium is the unedited first half of the full song. [edit] and the second half is basically just a repeat of everything from 'Kyrie' onwards, with a few holy-sounding 'Aaaaah's thrown in beforehand.
Truered
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
Interesting. Seems that the TV version of Lilium is the unedited first half of the full song.
I've been listening to the three minute version of Lilium for about half a year :proud:

The extended Soramimi cake is pretty good and I listen to it to relax
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (146)
45.91%
Pro-humanity (172)
54.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise