The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

May I join this splendid society?
Reply 781
mr_shoe_uk
May I join this splendid society?
you may.

Go to your userCP and there should be a section called group membership. click on that and find the anime society. Apply to join and I will authorise you as soon as I can.
Reply 782
Why the bloody hell did I not join this place?:eek:

I swear i spent the whole of yersterday oggling at hot anime guys online(and chicks too!):love:
Reply 783
yo-less

I swear i spent the whole of yersterday oggling at hot anime guys online(and chicks too!):love:
lol, well, you are free to join.

I am starting to get behind with my anime now, which is slightly annoying. I know that I have 2 episodes of bleach, 2 of naruto and a one piece episode, which should keep me busy for a bit when i get home (although no doubt the list will have grown by then).

On the up side I did get round to catching up with Yakitate! Japan, which seems as good as ever.
Reply 784
yo-less

i wondered that actually:rolleyes:
Reply 785
What do you think is the best anime cartoon?
Reply 786
yo-less
That is a very difficult question indeed, there are so many great series that just picking one is really quite hard.

I would have to say yakitate! Japan, Prince of tennis, Bleach, Naruto, mai hime, air master, excel saga, battle programmer Shirase, full metal alchemist and even FLCL are the best, although there is probably more that I have forgotten.
Reply 787
I have yet to see Naruto...but am told they do far too many filler episodes

Currently obsessed with Bleach.

And best/my favourite anime would probably be either Trigun or Berzerk.Full Metal Alchemist also comes close.
I haven't seen Naruto yet either.
My favs are probably Bleach (currently - it's getting a bit long though...), Detective Conan, Spiral, CCS... and those are the ones I really really like. There are others though... it's really difficult to choose since so many are so amazing (and addicting ^^;; )
I'm rather surprised that nobody has mentinoned Miyazaki, Takahata or Tezuka yet. I haven't really ventured much into 'Anime Series', although I have still watched several, but I watch a lot of movies. Most Ghibli works, Pre-Ghibli films, Akira and Metropolis are probably my favourites.
Reply 790
sugarwhirl89
I haven't seen Naruto yet either.
My favs are probably Bleach (currently - it's getting a bit long though...), Detective Conan, Spiral, CCS... and those are the ones I really really like. There are others though... it's really difficult to choose since so many are so amazing (and addicting ^^;; )
Detective conan actually had a cameo in yakitate! Japan in the last 1 hour special.

--------------

Loki
I have yet to see Naruto...but am told they do far too many filler episodes

Currently obsessed with Bleach.

And best/my favourite anime would probably be either Trigun or Berzerk.Full Metal Alchemist also comes close.
At present there is still over half a season worth of filler episodes before the next manag arc with Naruto, but some of them are not that bad.
Reply 791
I've recently started watching Outlaw Star. Very nice, and similar to Cowboy Bebop in many ways. I'm enjoying it very much, drawn in already and I'm only on episode 7. Definately worth a squirt if you liked CB :smile:
Reply 792
Is this an anime-ONLY society or are we allowed to discuss manga here too? I want to be sure or I might make some stupid mistake of talking about the mangas instead and spoil things for anime-only people!
Reply 793
chidori
Is this an anime-ONLY society or are we allowed to discuss manga here too? I want to be sure or I might make some stupid mistake of talking about the mangas instead and spoil things for anime-only people!
fyou can talk about manga as well, just make sure you use spoiler tags and indicate them as manga spoilers.
yo-less

the new Japanese Final Fantasy! :biggrin:

--------------

Is the next series of Full Metal Alchemist out, i'm still waiting, i've only seen the first 29 episodes?
Reply 795
student01

--------------

Is the next series of Full Metal Alchemist out, i'm still waiting, i've only seen the first 29 episodes?
I haven't seen the Final Fantasy movie yet:frown: I really want to!
Reply 796
student01

--------------

As far as I am aware the next series of FMA isn't due to be released any time soon. FFVII: advent children is stunning, I drooled all the way through it, although I am not sure that it would count as anime though.
Reply 797
Its cgi isnt it? I cant wait to see it :biggrin:
Reply 798
Commander V
Its cgi isnt it? I cant wait to see it :biggrin:

What's the line between CGI and anime?
Reply 799
yo-less
What's the line between CGI and anime?
CGI is completely computer generated and is not usually in anime style and is not exclusive to anime, whereas anime is most traditionally drawn and is only from Japan (that is to say professionally made series are only from Japan, but drawings made by anime fans count as anime (or manga) regardless of what country the drawer is from).

Latest

Trending

Trending