Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: u people lol. Especially eugen (hahahaha :rofl:)
    by the way cara (regarding ur post suggesting anime) i have already seen higurashi ni and i'm waiting for kai to finish!

still don't know what to watch next and christmas hols r coming :eek:
    i should be thinking about work but i luv anime more :P actually i hate work
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I looked at your A-P 'want to watch list' Lady_S. Of all the series there that I've watched; I'd recommend (in order of greatness) Haibane Renmei, Rozen Maiden, Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, xxxHOLiC, Tsukuyomi Moon Phase and Utawarerumono. Utawarerumono is by no means a bad series, that just goes to show how awesome the other series are . Then there's always the Elfen Lied OVA, since that's only one episode it won't take you long and it's pretty awesome.

ReputationRep:
    I changed my avatar again!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Yet another good one ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    drinking vodka neat isnt that bad............untill the morning after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElectricOceans)
    I changed my avatar again!
    Its cuter than the previous one

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Aj!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I ought to construct a 'want to watch' list for next year. That way I won't forget any of the truly awesome looking series that I've read about recently ;yes;

[edit] I was saving my sig picture to use with this avatar, but it's ever so slightly too big for TSR and looks silly resized .

ReputationRep:
    Anybody watch Anime Network on Sky? They got a few decent shows and i heard a rumour that they might be putting a subbed Death Note on there soon!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I tend to avoid watching anime on TV mainly because there's no choice over what series I watch, I'd have to view what they want to show and at a set time of day. Whereas I can buy whatever DVDs/download whatever fansubs I like and watch them when it suits me. But subbed Death Note coming to UK TV? It's an improvement, I'll give them that

ReputationRep:
    blah.........I feel crappy today, think I'm getting the cold

Afternoon all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I tend to avoid watching anime on TV mainly because there's no choice over what series I watch, I'd have to view what they want to show and at a set time of day. Whereas I can buy whatever DVDs/download whatever fansubs I like and watch them when it suits me. But subbed Death Note coming to UK TV? It's an improvement, I'll give them that
    I used to feel the same until i chose to start watching Bleach at my own peril lol - that thing can drag on. That put me off for choosing to watch uber long animes for GOOD

Since then, i just enjoy the spontaneity of watching any old anime on the TV

ReputationRep:
    *Is major fan of really long series *

I started out watching any anime that on the TV, but that was years and years ago now! I only ever watch subbed anime downloads now, mainly because alot of the series I'm currently watching are not uk licensed yet.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    I used to feel the same until i chose to start watching Bleach at my own peril lol - that thing can drag on. That put me off for choosing to watch uber long animes for GOOD
    I've never watched any series longer than Death Note (37 eps if I remember rightly). I think about 50 eps would be my upper limit. There are plenty of awesome 12 episode or 24 episode series out there

ReputationRep:
    Bleach would have be the longest, i stopped around the 100 and a bit mark, i lost count rofl.

Gundam Wing would have to be my second longest, but that was a bearable 50 or so episodes with little filler

Then there's all the other series which weren't so long - Sam Cham, Cowboy Bebop, Burst Angel, Gungrave, Hellsing until it screwed itself over lol, we watch a fair bit at our house
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Three of my top 5 anime are 14 episodes or less

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Three of my top 5 anime are 14 episodes or less
    I find it sooooooooo hard to choose fav anime's lol. I'm too "general" to do that XD

What are your top 5's?

ReputationRep:
    I have major love for Gundam Wing. Guess you gave up on Bleach once it went into the Bounto filler arc (not the worst filler in the world, but by no means good). I'm a Bleach fan so I'm biased, but its gotten good again thanks to a return to manga material recently.

Fullmetal Alchemist is an excellent series thats 52 eps long, Rurouni Kenshin is about 90 eps long and its also very good........but as I said I'm biased because I like long series! Althougth saying that I do watch just as many shorter series.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    I find it sooooooooo hard to choose fav anime's lol. I'm too "general" to do that XD

What are your top 5's?
    As listed in my signature:

1: Elfen Lied
    2: Death Note
    3: Haibane Renmei
    4: Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu
    5: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

ReputationRep:
    mine are:
    1. Bleach
    2. Death Note
    3. Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    4. Elfen Lied
    5. Fullmetal Alchemist

But I'm not sure if these are actually my faves! Gurren-Lagann, Gundam Wing and Code Geass are all very good too!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.