Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Lovely complex is :rofl: AJ.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    It's a bit long for me, but it's only 6 episodes longer than Death Note I suppose :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    ooo Lovely Complex is on my "to watch" list
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I read a review for Lovely Complex a while back, though that was around the time I was also thinking about downloading Death Note. And the latter won. But Lovely Complex looks like a contender, thanks for reminding me about it

ReputationRep:
    How about Green Green :teeth: :p:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    *adds GTO to list, still considering Lovely Complex*

I think your first rec was enough for me euge, I want to get one from as many people as possible ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    or Urotsukidoji :teeth: :p:

i still havent seen it yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    *adds GTO to list, still considering Lovely Complex*

I think your first rec was enough for me euge, I want to get one from as many people as possible ;yes;
    nice one AJ ;thumbsup; < i love this smilie

ReputationRep:
    Hello Euge.

Wanna be my nemesis until the end of this thread for conversation?

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truered)
    Hello Euge.

Wanna be my nemesis until the end of this thread for conversation?

:ninja:
    wtf???...ok

:stink:

ReputationRep:
    ive past the 1000 posts mark in this soc :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Because you smell

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of starting one piece (the manga) but its soo long. still considering it as it'll be a nice change from all the other stuff i am currently reading
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I added Seto no Hanayome to my 'want to watch list', it looks too good to wait. And Lovely Complex is now there too ;yes;. Still leaves space for two series if anyone else has any suggestions.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Nearly finished Jigoku Shoujo, I've changed my mind and I will probably watch the second series. The recent episodes (13-20) have been really good!

[edit] Added 12 episode long Manabi Straight! to my 'want to watch' list to counter the large amount of 26+ episode series on it at the moment. Still one place left.

ReputationRep:
    Yay Recs!

Since you already have Code Geass and Gurren Lagann and Lovely Complex down......
    My recs would be:
    Red Garden for a good mystery series
    Nodame Cantabile for a very good romcom series with a good splash of drama
    Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge for :rofl: worthy comedy and the most unlikely shoujo heroine ever! (Sunako rocks!)
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Mystery sounds good, seems to be a bit of a comedy/action bias in my list at the moment. *goes to look up those three*

[edit] Synopsis for Red Garden rings a bell, think I may have read a review about it in NEO.

[edit2] THANK YOU! I saw Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge on A-P a while back but was watching too many other things at the time. Then I forgot the name of the series and have been searching for it since then (I suppose I could have asked about it on here, but I didn't have much info besides the little bit I could remember of the A-P synopsis). Most definitely going on my 'to watch list', comedy-bias be damned :p:. I'll remember Red Garden for later (slightly easier to remember name this time at least!)

ReputationRep:
    Trigun has been pretty good so far (15 episodes in) but it hasn't quite clicked enough to be top five material so far ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge is very funny - I watched the 1st 4 eps back to back and nearly split my sides laughing. The bishie character designs are a bit weird though, thought they looked more like drag queens! :rofl: The original manga is also hillarious

Red Garden was one of the better offering of the last year, it really never got enough credit as people were put off by the character designs (mainly the noses) But the plot is very strong and it was consistantly good every week.

Trigun is good, I dont think its top 5 worthy either though.

Nearly done with Kyoshiro to towa no sora! Its actually not bad, but I'm still laughing in places where I'm not meant to as its all very over the top, and I still want to kick Kuu.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by caraniel)
    Nearly done with Kyoshiro to towa no sora! Its actually not bad, but I'm still laughing in places where I'm not meant to as its all very over the top, and I still want to kick Kuu.
    I notice it's considerably lower rated than the other things on your watching list :p:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.