The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9580
I watched the special! I tried to watch the real thing, but I couldn't find it. I found in japanese with japenese subtitles, in japanese with italian subtitles, in japanese with no subtitles etc, but nothing i could understand :cry:
kestral
did you like the song during the battle in the second ep?

I'll let you know after I've watched the second ep :p:
But isn't Truered the one who usually reminds you of these things? :p:

Any particular reason why he must die?
Reply 9584
yup ;yes;
...okay then.

Aberanime's secretary is copying Code Geass to DVD to give to me on Thursday. Meaning I'll probably watch it before Christmas now seeing as I'll have it to hand. So I'll probably resume watching Kyoshiro to Tola no Sora next year to take it's place (unless I end up preferring Utena, that is).
:tea:
Reply 9587
Utena's better AJ! :wink: (I laughed so hard at the battle song in ep 2 Kes!)

But Code Geass is brilliant! :biggrin:
Reply 9588
Morning :tea:

Some of the anime I was planning to buy has been brought now #excited#

Which means next term I can focus on Haruhi
Whereas next term I'll be focusing on Haruhi series two #excited#

[edit] Just found out that Gunslinger Girl 2 is set to begin airing on January 7th :biggrin:
Reply 9590
One last time...So do you recommend HR? Remember what is on the line here :ninja:
Haibane Renmei places 24th on animeNFO's top 195 anime list (fourteen places above Azumanga Daioh, eleven places above Death Note and only two places below Grave of the Fireflies).

It has two full length reviews on A-P; both of which give it 10/10 for storyline. One gives it 10 for characters, the other gives it an 8. The overall ratings were 8.5 and 9.5. And no, these reviews weren't written by me.

And on top of all that, I just really liked this series :p:
Reply 9592
So I take it that would be a yes then?

:ninja:
Well have you looked it up on Wiki/A-P/ANN/any other site? Does it seem like the kind of anime that would interest you? Because I've recommended Elfen Lied to many people who've then told me that it was just an excuse for OTT violence + nudity :s-smilie:. Each to their own I suppose, but like Elfen Lied I'd say Haibane Renmei has a lot more fans than it has haters. So I'd say it's a yes.
Reply 9594
My comment was sarcastic. :p:

I've gone on AP, Wiki, the official website and something called animeOST forum.

:proud:

Just wanted comments of someone I trust :puppyeyes:
Well I just really liked the storyline, the artwork, the music, pretty much everything about it ;yes;. It's only flaw is that the first few episodes are, while far from bad, a bit slow and not an awful lot happens. So some people stop watching it before it gets good :sadnod:
Reply 9596
By first few episodes do you mean three, or 8 of a 13 episode series :p:

(I think it's 13 somewhere like that)
Reply 9597
You mentioned me in the top five members thingie! :hugs:
Truered
By first few episodes do you mean three, or 8 of a 13 episode series

(I think it's 13 somewhere like that)

Can't remember for sure

*goes to look for episode summaries to find the one where things began to pick up, brb*

[edit] Well the soc wouldn't be quite the same without you, as we found when your laptop broke. The post-rate plummeted :p:
Reply 9599
Truered
You mentioned me in the top five members thingie! :hugs:

And that is why I'm murdering truered :bawling:

Latest