The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:hello:
Bunny01
oh my god so were mine i used to love them lol it made me mad when they took it off lol

I know exactly what you mean. I felt like phoning up and demanding it be put back on, but it never was. Maybe the phone call would have been better than the letter.
Hi all
Reply 1063
Optimistic
Although the American Cardcaptors show was terrible...the original "Cardcaptor Sakura" is far better

i can barly remember the show go that sucks lol
Reply 1064
winged vertigo
I know exactly what you mean. I felt like phoning up and demanding it be put back on, but it never was. Maybe the phone call would have been better than the letter.

maybe just a little lol but yeah i wish i had the money to buy the mangas and the animes but im poor lol
Reply 1065
Neophyte~
Hi all

hi lol
Neophyte~
Hi everyone :smile: I like gundam wings

Yay gundam! You rock! :p:! Oh hey guys :wavey:- sorry im a newbie! How do you join these things? Im group-less! :redface:
I used to be a total anime-nerd, but then i was forced to "grow out" of it :frown:, but just getting back into it now!
I started off with Pokemon, Digimon and Sailor Moon and then moved on to the greatness of Escaflowne, Gundam, Studio Ghibli Films, Reading Manga - loving Love hina atm! etc!

Whats the last anime/manga/film you rated or slated?
lol you could join by clicking on the 'socs' link (on the toolbar). Look for the anime soc & select 'join this group'- presto! you're a part of the soc :biggrin:
Reply 1068
Neophyte~
lol you could join by clicking on the 'socs' link (on the toolbar). Look for the anime soc & select 'join this group'- presto! you're a part of the soc :biggrin:

You forgot the part where I (or my lovely Juno) say you can join.
Reply 1069
PunkiePixie
Yay gundam! You rock! :p:! Oh hey guys :wavey:- sorry im a newbie! How do you join these things? Im group-less! :redface:
I used to be a total anime-nerd, but then i was forced to "grow out" of it :frown:, but just getting back into it now!
I started off with Pokemon, Digimon and Sailor Moon and then moved on to the greatness of Escaflowne, Gundam, Studio Ghibli Films, Reading Manga - loving Love hina atm! etc!

Whats the last anime/manga/film you rated or slated?

I watched the first episode of ichigo 100% the other day and I have to say it was quite entertaining and made me laugh on several ocassions.
juueru_chou
I have just realised that such a society has not been set up, despite a nice thread circulating around.

So, this is it, a society to discuss, reccommend and other activities regarding anime. I of course will be the president (otherwise known as wiwarin-sama), so whoever wants to join, just give me a buzz and we will see.

Sites you might like to visit:

animenfo - if you want to know about any anime series, go here.

Azureus website - a verry good bittorrent clinet, needed to download torrent files.

Some good info about buying anime and manga online can be found here

Good anime series

Naruto - One of the most popular anime series with western watchers, about a young ninja called Naruto. It is a great anime series if you like a good mix of action, comedy and seriousness. If you are just getting into the series, you will have to plough through 115 episodes at present, so be prepared for heavy downloading.

Prince of tennis - Don't let the fact that this is about tennis put you off, it is action all the way (all be it physics defying). The story revolves around a boy called Echizen Ryoma and his journey to become the tennis champion. If you dislike sport anime series, this might not be the anime series for you, but give the first couple of episodes a try to see. get infro here. If you do decide that you like it, you will have 152 episodes to plow through with more on the way.

Hunter x Hunter - Covering 62 episodes and 3 OVAs (with another series being scheduled for late next year, Hunter x Hunter is about a boy called Gon and his travels to find his father, who left him when he was very young. If you liked Naruto, you will definitely like HxH as the action and plot are similar and both lead characters are voiced by the same person (a female incidently). for more information check here.

Excel saga - This is a strange little series that only has the loosest of plot, but then again a comedy like this needs not a strong plot. Excel saga centres around a High school graduate that goes to work for ACROSS, an idealistic organisation that is bent upon world domination, led by the powerful Lord Ilapalazu. Since death is a daily occurance for Excel, the Will of the macrocosm (for some reason affiliated with ACROSS) frequently has to resurrect Excel and others.
If you do not like insane and nigh on incomprihensible plots or comedy anime series, excel saga is not for you, but otherwise, give it a try and see if you like it.

Members

Juueru_chou - president-sama
Gaming_goddess
Ponjavic
Egan1
Yuki
Chrism
Queenselphie
Blue Bliss
Aplin
Constantine
sassygirl
flamingchocolate
marisad_uk
lovingbuzz
Peteski

Hey add my name to the list
:hello:
You forgot the part where I (or my lovely Juno) say you can join.
Oops :redface:
Reply 1073
hey:smile: i got a new avy:biggrin:
I know! & I love it! It's better than your previous one :p:
Hi Dr Nick!
Dr Nick? ^o) :p::biggrin:
Reply 1076
Neophyte~
Dr Nick? ^o) :p::biggrin:

Dr. Nick riviera, (simpsons:ninja:)
Right :rolleyes: :biggrin:
K, I gtg...bye! & t/c! :ciao: