The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anthony Arundel
I know it's massive there, but wondered whether the Japanese wanted to appeal to the Western market all the same. I mean, think of the profit potential.

Ah, right to left! That clears up that confusion. Mind you, I've become uneasy about looking for mangas. I went looking searching through the Internet, and eventually turned up a complete manga - something called "Gravitation Remix." What the hell was going on there? :eek:

Why don't they show Anime more over here? Why isn't there a channel on Sky or something - if it consumes Japanese culture so much, why aren't we a little more receptive to it over here, uncultured fools that we are? (I bet there is one, and I've just missed it all this time:rolleyes: ).

I'm surprised actually that we don't have an anime channel! I suppose there are lots of anime style cartoons around...
Reply 1181
Anthony Arundel
I know it's massive there, but wondered whether the Japanese wanted to appeal to the Western market all the same. I mean, think of the profit potential.

Ah, right to left! That clears up that confusion. Mind you, I've become uneasy about looking for mangas. I went looking searching through the Internet, and eventually turned up a complete manga - something called "Gravitation Remix." What the hell was going on there? :eek:

Why don't they show Anime more over here? Why isn't there a channel on Sky or something - if it consumes Japanese culture so much, why aren't we a little more receptive to it over here, uncultured fools that we are? (I bet there is one, and I've just missed it all this time:rolleyes: ).

Mostly there is still a misconception in the west that anime is for children and anything else in hentai. Since most people will think of anime in terms of pokemon or yu gi oh, they wouldn't consider watching a TV channel full of anime.
Reply 1182
~Raven~
I'm surprised actually that we don't have an anime channel! I suppose there are lots of anime style cartoons around...

there was toonami......:wtf?:
Reply 1183
layla*
I shall do so...

it appears not:smile:
I've watched Steamboy, and it wasn't as good as I expected. The storyline was a bit weak and confusing in my opinion.
Reply 1185
Ah a timely reminder to catch up with Bleach >_>

Shame about the filler, though ;_;
*pokes Parag* bwahahah

um ~
it's a looooong thread to read, so I'll catch up on it later ~
But you can count me in, hehe ^.^
Reply 1187
I also want jump superstars, but all the licensing issues mean it'll probably never be released in the uk:s:
vin
I also want http://uk.ds.ign.com/objects/706/706897.html, but all the licensing issues mean it'll probably never be rleased in the uk:s:

Link doesn't work for me.
Reply 1189
AngryJellyfish
Link doesn't work for me.

blocked?:rolleyes:
vin
I also want jump superstars, but all the licensing issues mean it'll probably never be released in the uk:s:

Nice, me wants, me wants bad...
Reply 1192
AngryJellyfish
Doesn't appear to be, it just says the page doesn't exist :hmmmm2:

odd, id expect it to be blocked being a games site:confused:
A lot of DS games are Anime style graphics. It's great! I have Lost in Blue, Another Code Two Memories and Castlevania on DS.
Reply 1194
AngryJellyfish
It works now. It looks good :smile:

damn uk licensing:frown:, i might import it after the exams:s:
Reply 1195
AngryJellyfish
A lot of DS games are Anime style graphics. It's great! I have Lost in Blue, Another Code Two Memories and Castlevania on DS.

i have those last 2 :smile: love castlevania:biggrin:
Lost in Blue is excellent, but it was discontinued for some reason. You can only get it pre-owned in most places now, it took me ages to find it :frown:

Did you complete Another Code?
Reply 1197
AngryJellyfish
Lost in Blue is excellent, but it was discontinued for some reason. You can only get it pre-owned in most places now, it took me ages to find it :frown:

Did you complete Another Code?

yup:smile:
:hello:
vin
yup:smile:

It didn't take me that long, really. Those stamps in Franny's room were the hardest, I didn't know closing the DS actually counted as an action :biggrin:

Latest