Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    lalalalalalalalala

I still haven't seen another anime since Mai Hime. And I have no comment on what was discussed previously since I'm kind of lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Pedantic)
    Don't worry, it's not dead, people are just being cautious about what they say

It's better to stay quiet and let people think you're a geek, than to open your mouth and prove it!
    bah who cares?:wtf?:

oo lyla watch mai otome
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Ting-Ting)
    :eek: No way! I hate it when they put good quality anime on to some kiddies cartoon channel...it really ruins the 'authenticity' of it! Especially with their cheesy voice overs and cutting bits out if its too rude for kids.

I hate to say that Sailor Moon was amazing in cantonese (please don't hit me!) and then they dubbed it on Fox kids and it was craaap
    I hate it when they change things in dubs e.g. changing the word 'Yen' to 'Dollar' whenever they talk about money despite all the signs in the background still having the Yen symbol on them. It may be translated, but it's still set in Japan, so why change it to dollars? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I hate it when they change things in dubs e.g. changing the word 'Yen' to 'Dollar' whenever they talk about money despite all the signs in the background still having the Yen symbol on them. It may be translated, but it's still set in Japan, so why change it to dollars? :mad:
    it is my experience that most Americans struggle to comprehend a world outside of the USA!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    lol how geeky we are:s:
    Yea it's great!!! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    it is my experience that most Americans struggle to comprehend a world outside of the USA!
    lol my general studies teacher was from texas, and told us something like that:s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    bah who cares?:wtf?:

oo lyla watch mai otome
    Will do V!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    lol my general studies teacher was from texas, and told us something like that:s:
    Hehe I remember when I was in america, this guy goes to me "Duuuude! You're from England? That's like in.....Europe.....maaaaaan!" People were a lot friendlier there, though, I must admit.

I missed the traditional British cynicism, though

ReputationRep:
    I just watched the last two DVD's of Love Hina, and apart from the ending, which was a little disappointing (though maybe off, due to the translation), i really enjoyed it... though now i do have to find something else to watch...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eru Iluvatar)
    I just watched the last two DVD's of Love Hina, and apart from the ending, which was a little disappointing (though maybe off, due to the translation), i really enjoyed it... though now i do have to find something else to watch...
    love hina again?

lol no really thats what the OVAs called love hina again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eru Iluvatar)
    What happens at the end of the anime? I can't remeber. I know what happens at the end of the manga (got all 14 volumes somewhere), but I can't rememeber the anime that much...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimi3013)
    What happens at the end of the anime? I can't remeber. I know what happens at the end of the manga (got all 14 volumes somewhere), but I can't rememeber the anime that much...
    Shhh! Please don't mention it here. I haven't watched it yet.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by lyla*)
    Shhh! Please don't mention it here. I haven't watched it yet.
    (that's what
    Spoiler:
    Show
    blah
    tags are for)

I recommend Negima, the manga was written by the same person as Love Hina. The anime is not as good as the manga, however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimi3013)
    i mean the obvious happens, but the way it happens, and what doesn't happen as well (i can't remember how to do spoiler tags lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    (that's what
    Spoiler:
    Show
    blah
    tags are for)

I recommend Negima, the manga was written by the same person as Love Hina. The anime is not as good as the manga, however.
    But I love opening spoilers. It's a good invention methinks. :p:

Originally Posted by Eru Iluvatar
    i mean the obvious happens, but the way it happens, and what doesn't happen as well (i can't remember how to do spoiler tags lol)
    Don't worry. I dunno how to make 'em either. Maybe someone here will actually teach us how to do it. Us, 'n00bs'. But obvs you're not lol.

ReputationRep:
    LONG TIME NO SEE PPL!!
    Anyone watching Gintama???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by layla*)
    But I love opening spoilers. It's a good invention methinks. :p:

Don't worry. I dunno how to make 'em either. Maybe someone here will actually teach us how to do it. Us, 'n00bs'. But obvs you're not lol.
    here is an attempt at explaining how to do spoiler tags

although i'm sure it must be in the FAQ

Spoiler:
    Show
    to add a spoiler function use the spoiler tags, the word "spoiler" in these brackets [] then the text to be hidden and then end it with the word "/spoiler" including the slash in these same brackets []

ReputationRep:
    here is an attempt at explaining how to do spoiler tags

although i'm sure it must be in the FAQ

Spoiler:
    Show
    to add a spoiler function use the spoiler tags, the word "spoiler" in these brackets [] then the text to be hidden and then end it with the word "/spoiler" including the slash in these same brackets []
    Awesome! So it's just like using the quotes; only you substitute the "quotes" in the brackets with the "spoilers", right?

Thanks btw for your spoiler explaination.

ReputationRep:
    Fate/Stay Night > You.

ReputationRep:
    ^o)

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.