Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UpliftMof0)
    Its the same rules as domestic music i believe. But because of its hard-to-get nature Its in a similar situation as fansubbed anime, i.e. the creators dont really care as its american promotion. They dont encourage it buts its an ignored illegality. If you could set up your ftp that would be really good (do you have messenger? pm me)
    That makes sense I suppose, although I still wouldn't reccommend putting up any links of J-music though.

ReputationRep:
    Too true, I can just imagine some overzealous japanese lawyer closing TSR down because 'you' posted one link to http://www.animeost.co.jp/copyrighte...crappysong.mp3
    lol how random was that???? ^_^;;

On the subject of music, have you seen the anime series Beck? IT had the most awesome soundtrack too it (of which I have both versions) For any who dont know its an unlicensed anime (so you can pick it up at animesuki) about a rock band with skillz! lol. check it out.

ReputationRep:
    Consider yourself lucky that your siblings appreciate your love of anime, my two elder brothers just laugh (they're probably right lol) at my hobbies.
    Well, it was my brother who introduced me and my sister to anime in the first place. As you say, it’s nice that we all share in the enjoyment of it. ‘Brings us together’ as it were, and has created a lot of in jokes between us which is always fun. Does mean however that I have to supply them with anime throughout the year while they’re at university.

I'd tend to agree with you on that one, I've really only been keeping up for the sake of keeping up (its naruto after all XD) Have you seen the movie - the snow country one?)
    Yes, I actually found it much more enjoyable than I had expected to. Though the sports day festa they’d made was appalling.

http://inferno.slug.org/jpeg/jungle-wa/guu-cute.jpg
    someone say Kawaii?

oh wait you meant Kawai? woopsie lol big mistkae
    http://inferno.slug.org/jpeg/jungle-wa/hale-furious.jpg
    ok so it aint really scary but hes angry!!! nyah! ^_^;; hehe

argh! can I not post pictures?
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...uu#post1435400
    <<< See post for Guu transformation gif

I actually made my brother a Guu t-shirt for his birthday a couple of years ago with ‘cute Guu’ on the front and evil-destructive Guu on the back…which is quite fun

(Original post by juueru_chou)
    £3.50 a month or £35 for a year.
    Ooo, that’s cheaper than it was. Unfortunately still a problem for someone with no visa. I tried to update my card to a visa electron the other day but apparently you have to be 17. How troublesome.

OK, I'll ponder the possibilities of it. Back on topic!! I loved the very first and second naruto opening when the series was in its infancy, anyone remember the titles? Oh and on the topic of Ops and EDs I once timed a series which had a backstreet boys song as the ending, I found this hilarious (its called Hanada, and its quite old, the anime that is).
    How amusing! What genre anime?

EDIT: also, the two openings that Bleach has had are pretty sweet, the first being my favourite (it won me a competition between me n one of my pals, who knows more bout anime *hums tune* lol that prooves how sad I am)
    In fact, I really like all the Bleach OPs and EDs, bar the first ending song which for some reason really irritated me.

Bonnie Pink (a nice easy going band, with interesting track titles such as evil flowers)
    I believe they did the ending song for Gantz. Very nice track

On the subject of music, have you seen the anime series Beck? IT had the most awesome soundtrack too it (of which I have both versions) For any who dont know its an unlicensed anime (so you can pick it up at animesuki) about a rock band with skillz! lol. check it out.
    Yes indeed, I also have seen the series and have all the OST tracks. I actually prefer all the Seiyuu-made songs to the originals, though I suppose that’s probably because you get used to them.

Lots of fun though and I listen to it a lot. You have to love some of the random and grammatically incorrect English lyrics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Ooo, that’s cheaper than it was. Unfortunately still a problem for someone with no visa. I tried to update my card to a visa electron the other day but apparently you have to be 17. How troublesome.
    who are you? Shikameru? XD Oh the annoyances of being mistrusted by banks, but can you imagine if 16yr olds could get hold of credit cards? lol

(Original post by Egan1)
    How amusing! What genre anime?
    Its a little bit weird, Its about a young boy who can see ghosts and they are like his grandparents and aunties and stuff. Its just his small adventures, kinda a heartwarming, but very funny comedy (for its time at least) the animation is a little dated but what can you do about that eh?

(Original post by egan1)
    Yes indeed, I also have seen the series and have all the OST tracks. I actually prefer all the Seiyuu-made songs to the originals, though I suppose that’s probably because you get used to them.
    I would have to be honest and say I'd rather listen to the Seiyuu versions as apposed to the keith OST (any idea why it was called that? cos Keith made it up perhaps?) And I think your right, its absolutely because we've heard them on the anime. What did you think of Becks ending?

(Original post by Egan1)
    Lots of fun though and I listen to it a lot. You have to love some of the random and grammatically incorrect English lyrics!
    ABSO-FRIGGING-LUTELY! lol I love botched engrish lyrics. well no I dont love it, but its funny like you say.

Ooh Yakitate JApan 29 came out today!! *heads over to suki*
    Ooh ah, I missed it but Bleach 35 was released yesturday! w00t

ReputationRep:
    who are you? Shikameru? XD Oh the annoyances of being mistrusted by banks, but can you imagine if 16yr olds could get hold of credit cards? lol

Its a little bit weird, Its about a young boy who can see ghosts and they are like his grandparents and aunties and stuff. Its just his small adventures, kinda a heartwarming, but very funny comedy (for its time at least) the animation is a little dated but what can you do about that eh?

I would have to be honest and say I'd rather listen to the Seiyuu versions as apposed to the keith OST (any idea why it was called that? cos Keith made it up perhaps?) And I think your right, its absolutely because we've heard them on the anime. What did you think of Becks ending?

ABSO-FRIGGING-LUTELY! lol I love botched engrish lyrics. well no I dont love it, but its funny like you say.

Ooh Yakitate JApan 29 came out today!! *heads over to suki*
    Ooh ah, I missed it but Bleach 35 was released yesturday! w00t
    Yakitate! Japan 29!! at last.

Bleach 34 was an interesting episode, very good indeed,

ReputationRep:
    ive never actually watched an anime film or anything like that, but I absolutely love all the cute pictures and stuff! Can anyone recommend to me their fave anime film?

heres my screensaver at the moment its so cute!

http://moon-wave.net/800.php?id=46

Anyone know of any good anime sites to get similar wallapapers etc?

ReputationRep:
    4chan .... lol /h/ cough cough im joking im joking. Um Im pretty sure there is a webiste that is called something along the lines of animewallpaper.com its plenty full though the quality can vary from iamge to image. what would i recommend you watch? If i were to think of something that is out in the uk, then it would have to azumanga diaoh. Its a very good introduction to anime, and from what i can tell, its very very cute. check it out:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...738317-0962807

Ack, my dads sharing the connection at the moment (has been all day) so i havent been able to download any of the stuff thats been released!! - he gets real stressy bout it because he uses a remote desktop connection to get onto his work computer from home.

ReputationRep:
    ->> (not actually a spoiler content-wise but just in case)-->>
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Annoying really. It was almost as if the animators had planned to make a much longer series but ran out of budget so in the end they just decided to do it all in screenshots and cram it into half an episode.

(Original post by poptart86)
    As always, google is your friend. However, the following links are worth a look-

http://wallpapers.theotaku.com/ - Has a lot. Also lots of fanart. -Range of quality from bad to exceptional.
    http://www.banime.com/anime/wallpapers.php
    *gets lazy*...Ah, that'll do for now.

---
    Just seen that 'Prince of Tennis THE MOVIE OST' has been released. There was a movie? When?! I hadn't heard about it!

ReputationRep:
    I have never watched a single episode on PoT, ever! I dunno, i was put off originally cos it sounded like a shounen-ai series (boy-love translated) and you know, that aint my thing.
    I agree with your views on the beck ending, although if they were gonna cut it short that was the way to do it.

ReputationRep:
    I have never watched a single episode on PoT, ever! I dunno, i was put off originally cos it sounded like a shounen-ai series (boy-love translated) and you know, that aint my thing.
    *chortle* No, no, there's no legitimate boyxboy romances (well, one could always speculate...) actually in the anime. Although, there's a lot of shounen-ai doujinshi out there!

You should definately give Prince of Tennis a try. It's completely ridiculous and highly entertaining

ReputationRep:
    apparantly prince of tennis is AMAZING.
    I should try it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovingbuzz)
    apparantly prince of tennis is AMAZING.
    I should try it.
    Yes, yes you should! Try the first few eps and see how it goes. It's really very funny (though not necessarily intentionally!) -just thinking about some of the special moves/effects gets me laughing.

For anyone already watching PoT - read these screencap recaps

http://nyahnyah.net/blog/pot/pot.html

I came across this site ages ago and found them (or atleast a fair bit of it...*can't actually remember all of it*) very amusing and showed them to my brother who also greatly enjoyed them. I'd forgotten all about it but all this talk of PoT just jogged my memory -seems there's been a lot more episodes added since I last checked. (DON'T read them unless you've watched the series first, you wont appreciate it properly)

---

UpliftMof0 - Have been listening to my Beck playlist for the last few hours *sings*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    *chortle* No, no, there's no legitimate boyxboy romances (well, one could always speculate...) actually in the anime. Although, there's a lot of shounen-ai doujinshi out there!

You should definately give Prince of Tennis a try. It's completely ridiculous and highly entertaining
    Ridiculous it is and as for pairings you will obviously have momoshiro and Kaidoh and Ouishi and Kikimaru, but then they are just likely to be in the slash fan ficcers.

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by UpliftMof0

Consider yourself lucky that your siblings appreciate your love of anime, my two elder brothers just laugh (they're probably right lol) at my hobbies.

Well, it was my brother who introduced me and my sister to anime in the first place. As you say, it’s nice that we all share in the enjoyment of it. ‘Brings us together’ as it were, and has created a lot of in jokes between us which is always fun. Does mean however that I have to supply them with anime throughout the year while they’re at university.
    My brother loves it, my sister well she likes all the stuff by clamp but that's bout it and my parents don't really seem to care. I've showed my boyfriend Evangelion and he thought it was really funky - just gonna start him on Lain!

poptart86 ive never actually watched an anime film or anything like that, but I absolutely love all the cute pictures and stuff! Can anyone recommend to me their fave anime film?

heres my screensaver at the moment its so cute!

http://moon-wave.net/800.php?id=46

Okay I wud try looking for anythign by clamp: Chobits, Clover, tsubasa, X, Tokyo Babylon, Card captor sakura, rayearth, xxxholic, legal drug, angelic layer to name but a few. These are full of cute girls and very fun: The wings are all so cute and OMG Fai D Flourite from tsubasa is so fit!

But sure type in anime/manga into google and see wot u get. Also try things like famous RPG titles such as Final Fantasy and Sudiken these will have anime styles to them and Chocoboo's are so cute. Hope it helps

ReputationRep:
    hey dudes, can i join

prince of tennis is good (mada mada dane). stop watchin it cos fansub takes ages. my fav atm is yakitate japan, so funny (since naruto is filler), i find bleach alright too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyte)
    hey dudes, can i join

prince of tennis is good (mada mada dane). stop watchin it cos fansub takes ages. my fav atm is yakitate japan, so funny (since naruto is filler), i find bleach alright too.
    All of PoT is subbed now (minus episode 160 but that is only a matter of time before it is done).

The Naruto filler isn't actually all that bad this time, it is better than the last lot of filler and is very intriguing.

ReputationRep:
    All of PoT is subbed now (minus episode 160 but that is only a matter of time before it is done).

The Naruto filler isn't actually all that bad this time, it is better than the last lot of filler and is very intriguing.
    Yes, but it's disheartening because if you know it's a filler you know nothing important to the plot can actually happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Yes, but it's disheartening because if you know it's a filler you know nothing important to the plot can actually happen.
    Well, we at least get to learn a bit more about the Rice country and from the looks of it, a bit more of orachimaru's past there.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that there has been no one piece recently, kaizoku fansubs can't have been that busy with One piece movie 4.

Also, does anyone know when the PoT movie is due to be released?

ReputationRep:
    Well, one piece 147 is up on baka updates (can't really give you the link since it is licensed)

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.