Mr_Pedantic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by vin)
:mad: ive been away for a while and the rest of you let the soc die!:hmpf:
it's not dead, it's having a rest :p:

anyone heard of Broken Saint, i just bought it, not watched it yet. It seems to be like a semi-animated comic.
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Never heard of it :hmmmm2:

I won Sailor Moon Playing Cards in a raffle at Aber's anime soc yesterday (a bit of a booby prize considering the first 10 winners got DVDs, and there were only 30 of us in the raffle).
Anthony Arundel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hi guys, Anthony's back (...who said that?!).

Here's something for Mononoke fans. It's something I've just finished working on...

http://www.zshare.net/audio/01-mononoke-hime-1-mp3.html

What do you think?

I found the sheet music here:
http://sodaorat2.free.fr/public/inde...xtraSheetMusic
The pieces are all named in the vernacular, which is a little confusing, but when you start playing you soon work out which piece it is. (Unless you're me, in which case it takes you about three or four plays to work out which one it is.)
vin
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
my uni doesnt have an anime soc:hmpf:
vin
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anthony Arundel)
Hi guys, Anthony's back (...who said that?!).

Here's something for Mononoke fans. It's something I've just finished working on...

http://www.zshare.net/audio/01-mononoke-hime-1-mp3.html

What do you think?

I found the sheet music here:
http://sodaorat2.free.fr/public/inde...xtraSheetMusic
The pieces are all named in the vernacular, which is a little confusing, but when you start playing you soon work out which piece it is. (Unless you're me, in which case it takes you about three or four plays to work out which one it is.)
:eek: thats really good!;thumbsup;
Anthony Arundel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by vin)

Where are you? (Leicester, by the looks of it.) Don't be too down; there's still bound to be plenty of people interested in it. I don't think York's got a society for the West Wing or David Bowie, for instance!

Thanks for the kudos, btw.
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by vin)
:eek: thats really good!;thumbsup;
:ditto: It's great
vin
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

Where are you? (Leicester, by the looks of it.) Don't be too down; there's still bound to be plenty of people interested in it. I don't think York's got a society for the West Wing or David Bowie, for instance!

Thanks for the kudos, btw.
im at birmingham aston uni:s:
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:eek: I've just seen the trailer for Negima series 2, which was short but okay, and then I ruined it all by scrolling down and seeing the english dub trailer for series 1. I thought 'might as well watch it, see if they've done a good job'. They haven't :bawling:
princessmarisa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Has anyone seen any "Yakitate Japan" it's about a boy with "solar" hands which are warmer than the rest of his body and slightly magical, he aspires to make a Bread that Japan can be proud of that could stand shoulder to shoulder with French Bread, and would be known worldwide as Japanese bread.. or Japan, which is a pun because Japanese and French for bread is "pan", and his "soalr" hands help him by causing bread to ferment quicker adn absorb more flavour.

It is a very sweet anime, with a lot of comedy scenes, I have watched the first 6episodes and am hooked! I recommend people who like non-violent "homely/family/freindship based animes" to give this a try.

Anthony Arundel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by marisad_uk)
I recommend people who like non-violent "homely/family/freindship based animes" to give this a try.
I enjoyed Kiki's Delivery Service, so this doesn't sound too bad.

Then again, my preferences tend to lie with the deeper, darker stuff, though I'm open to all Anime. At the moment, I've only really seen a lot of films; the only series I've watched is "Evangelion," and a little something called "Gravitation," but there was something just not quite right with that Anime... :wtf?:
princessmarisa
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I enjoyed Kiki's Delivery Service, so this doesn't sound too bad.

Then again, my preferences tend to lie with the deeper, darker stuff, though I'm open to all Anime. At the moment, I've only really seen a lot of films; the only series I've watched is "Evangelion," and a little something called "Gravitation," but there was something just not quite right with that Anime... :wtf?:
what did you think of Evangelion, first full series I watched, and it is still one of my favourties:king:

haven;t seen kiki's delivery yet,, i am going to a friends anime movie marathon soon and they will prob show it then, sounds good stuff

what is "gravitation" about/like? Might it be worth me getting?
fiction
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What’s the difference between manga and anime
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Anime = DVDs.
Manga = Books.

And, as Elements said a few pages back:

(Original post by Elements)
There are a few subtle differences between manga and anime styled artwork though but true they are very similar. I know this from when I decided to do an anime art module and thus did some research too.
Ili
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, read through the pages in this soc. We've been over this discussion about the difference between anime and manga before. Sorry fiction, I can't be bothered looking up some references for you atm.
Ili
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by vin)
Nyah nyah nyah We have an anime and manga soc at my uni, although sadly I can't joined it coz it clashes with some other socs that I've signed up for.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (666)
80.73%
Leave (159)
19.27%

Watched Threads