South Wales or Bangor?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Interested in both but only going to put one forward, could anyone suggest what one is better? Done some research into both and they seem close but if anyone has any personal experiences that’d be great.
University of South Wales
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Interested in both but only going to put one forward, could anyone suggest what one is better? Done some research into both and they seem close but if anyone has any personal experiences that’d be great.
Hi there, I can certainly help regarding the University of South Wales, which course are you thinking of applying for? Have you been to ours and Bangor's open day yet? I would write down the pros and cons of each university, then make your choice. We are very far apart, in North and South Wales. You will have a great time wherever you choose. I hope this has helped. If I can help further, please do let me know. Rebecca
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’ve applied for marketing management at south wales and marketing at bangor (essentially the same). I havent been to any of the open days but i have looked online at the pros and cons and it does seem very close. The only thing i like more about USW is that the nightlife seems much better, my campus is in pontypridd but being so close to cardiff i think people travel there. Its also closer to home and i have family members who are from pontypridd. Only thing that im uncertain on is which uni is better in terms of uk uni rankings and which one has better facilities and resources for the course im planning on taking. Hopefully you can help me out, thanks!
University of South Wales
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I’ve applied for marketing management at south wales and marketing at bangor (essentially the same). I havent been to any of the open days but i have looked online at the pros and cons and it does seem very close. The only thing i like more about USW is that the nightlife seems much better, my campus is in pontypridd but being so close to cardiff i think people travel there. Its also closer to home and i have family members who are from pontypridd. Only thing that im uncertain on is which uni is better in terms of uk uni rankings and which one has better facilities and resources for the course im planning on taking. Hopefully you can help me out, thanks!
Hi there, we have the next open day coming up on 13th March if you would like to find out more information about the course or ask the lecturers any questions, booking link below. One of our students Poppy is studying her masters in Digital Marketing after having completed her undergraduate degree in Marketing. If you wanted to talk to her directly, please head over to the USW Forum and ask her anything you would like, including night life. Absolutely have a look at university rankings, but there are other things you should consider also as you say such as ensuring you have adequate support, the best facilities and career opportunities in the area. I hope this has helped. If I can help further please do let me know. Rebecca
https://www.southwales.ac.uk/open-days/
anonymous20021
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Yeah this helped alot thank you, i’ve booked a place for the open day so hopefully i should get a better understanding then and it can help me make a decision. I appreciate the help!
Bangor Uni
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi, great to hear you are interested in Bangor University, I can help you with regards to that and give you all the information you need.

Like Rebecca mentioned we are up North and USW is down South.

We also have a virtual open day coming up on the 30th of January and you can register by clicking this link:

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/openday/intro.php.en

Also, if you would like to chat to students that are already studying marketing here at Bangor, you can also do that through Unibuddy, here is the link:

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/student-lif...dents%20Button

Let me know if you have any further questions or queries

Sera
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
17.65%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (24)
35.29%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.35%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.47%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.29%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
20.59%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.94%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.41%

Watched Threads