The Student Room Group

Is this a date?

If a guy asks if I want to meet up for a drink is this a date or just a meet up as friends. I’ve talked to this guy for quite a while and he sometimes flirts but I don’t want to think it’s a date when it’s not. Also what do I wear? What should I expect as I’ve never done this before?
Ask him whether is it as friends or as a date way, and he should be able to answe it for you. Also wear anything or if you want to impress him wear something trendy or something that he likes as his ideal type. 😊
Reply 2
It could be either, none of us know what his intent was. Clarify what it is with him.
idk I don't really consider something to be a date unless it involves feet in some way
Reply 4
A drink is usually a date, particularly if it’s just the two of you. The reason guys can make it ambiguous is to reduce the potential rejection embarrassment. Go for girl next door casual look. But wait a moment, where do you live, unless it’s New Zealand you probably need to make it a virtual date
(edited 3 years ago)
It’s depends I would go into it with an open mind as it could be interpreted as both:

Quick Reply

Latest