The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Games Design BSc

Hi all, I just received an offer from BU for their Games Design course. I had heard they are particularly good at the subject matter and they are basically down the road from me so that is another advantage. BU was my first choice because of this and because one of their modules is titled "principles of game design" which is what I am most interested in. I have yet to check the modules of the rest of my courses but it was also the only course to mention it in the summary of the course so I think it might have a higher emphasis of focus. I am not very artistically inclined but am willing to learn from the course as I have noticed despite being a Sc degree it contains a lot of artistic modules like modeling and texturing, I assume they will teach us this with no previous knowledge intended but I am just checking to be sure. I really would like to work in the games industry, specifically as a designer or director, I find the theory of what makes a game fun and interesting really fascinating. With that in mind I would appreciate it highly if anyone from or on the course could speak about their experience with it, tell me more about it and say if they think this is the course for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending