The Student Room Group

I want to start my own country

I’ve thought about starting my own country but where do I start? how much money do I need? Who do I need to be in contact with or linked with to get there? No negative comments please. Looking for real answers and advice and ways to achieve this
Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Please add any additional information I would need to consider to be successful at starting my own country. It is a bold statement but it’s not impossible. I am willing.
I can’t tell if this is serious? Try Bir Tawil lol
Original post by Mariah23
I’ve thought about starting my own country but where do I start? how much money do I need? Who do I need to be in contact with or linked with to get there? No negative comments please. Looking for real answers and advice and ways to achieve this
Thank you

Are you stupid?
why?
Original post by Mariah23
Thank you

Yeah, that's realistically not going to happen.
goldieland

ellashire

chopville

bubblestan

nailler states of direction

@\^_^/ @e l l a @Chopinnocturne31 @Nialler x
I'll help you, if you help me steal an ice cream factory first.
Like Mr Beast, you need to buy an island. That is the only way to get land to be your country. Then you need a source of money for the economy. You can do this by making your island for tourists with a hotel. Then you need political power so you need to have an army. I’d say considering the size of the island, 10 soldiers would be enough. And now it depends on you, do you want a communist, democratic, republican, nationalist etc country. If a system like the UKs then you’ll need some members for your party. I’d recommend a small scale dictatorship :smile:
Original post by King Goldie
goldieland

ellashire

chopville

bubblestan

Lmao love the name :biggrin:
Don't ever listen to anyone who tells you that you can't do something all you need to do is see it and believe it.

You just need to buy loads of land and keep growing it then in the end you'll result in a large amount of space that you might decide to call a country and you will be the manager of that land
ahahahah i was friends with someone who thought of wanting to stat their own country
Original post by Nialler x
Lmao love the name :biggrin:

lol:colondollar:

also lucywarts:biggrin:

@LovingLucy
Reply 13
You could start by buying an island, I know people who have done that
Reply 14
Original post by King Goldie
goldieland

ellashire

chopville

bubblestan

omg love these names :biggrin:
Yeah, not going to happen.
this reminds of year 5 when we had a class project, where we were asked to create our country lmao
Start by meeting a big country like US or China or Russia. Get them to occupy a piece of land and form a terrority. You then have the place to start.
(edited 3 years ago)
Have you thought about the name?? I’m curious!
Original post by Buddingdentist08
I can’t tell if this is serious? Try Bir Tawil lol

unfortunately someone else already has :mad: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2014/jul/15/claim-piece-africa-for-daughter-princess-emily-sudan

Quick Reply

Latest