The Student Room Group

Does my apology letter sound sincere enough to get my friendship back?

This will be sent after lockdown ends (if it's good enough haha)
Long story short we both not really into texts but after my grandma nearly died i started acting erratically and ended up bombarding her and other friends with a shitload of unanswered texts nearly every sunday for about a month. I acted normal in my texts, but obviously i was anything but. Just wanted to talk to my friends but persisted cos i wasn't thinking straight. I asked her is she still ok with me and last time i text she turned her phone off. But this whole thing is a misunderstanding and i recently realised how bad i messed up....how do i get my friendship back in time? My other friends understood my reasons and forgave me but i haven't tried to do anything about this with her yet. Thank you xx

"Connie, I would like to sincerely apologise. After my grandma nearly died, i suddenly behaved erratically for a while with my friends, however i feel my circumstances should be irrelevant. My resulting behaviour was not deliberate, it was impulsive, but it was wrong, unacceptable and disrespectful and i take full responsibility. After i could finally think clearly again, i took time to reflect on the actions i regret so deeply, and realised the hurt i caused. I am sincerely sorry for repeatedly violating your boundaries with my constant texts, and i am sincerely sorry for any hurt i caused. Prior to this, i admit i got a bit too carried away at the thought of seeing you again. Again i am sorry.

If you can't accept my apology right now i understand, but it would mean a lot to me to be able to reconnect with you in time. I would give anything to have my amazing friend back. I really care about you, and i miss you. Once again from the bottom of my heart, i'm sorry xx"

What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah,thats good. :smile: If she is a true friend she will accept your sincere apology!
Wish you the best
Reply 2
Original post by randomacc
Yeah,thats good. :smile: If she is a true friend she will accept your sincere apology!
Wish you the best

Awww thank you! 😊😊 in your honest opinion do you think I've really done anything wrong? I'm sure she ended our friendship over this x
To be honest, I don't think you did anything wrong. Friends can bombard each other with texts.You weren't rude over text so she should of answered your texts ,even though she didn't know what you were going through. Why didn't she respond to you at first, before you texted her loads?
Reply 4
To be honest, I don't think you did anything wrong. Friends can bombard each other with texts.You weren't rude over text so she should of answered your texts ,even though she didn't know what you were going through. Why didn't she respond to you at first, before you texted her loads?

I honestly don't know! On the 13 september we agreed to meet up soon. But i knew there was gonna be another lockdown cos the cases were rising again. So i sent her a text the following friday (18th) just asking are you free this weekend? She never replied and ignored it til like 4 o clock the next morning. Obviously i thought maybe she just doesn't wanna wake me up by replying at that time? So i texted the next day "sorry to bug and sorry for short notice etc." She didn't even read it. Then the day after i forgot myself and asked what day she would rather meet? Again she didn't read it. Then i thought I'll leave her alone for a bit....i wasn't gonna apologise for being excited about seeing her. til my grandma nearly died.
Sounds like she's not a very good friend tbh.
Reply 6
Original post by Theloniouss
Sounds like she's not a very good friend tbh.

It breaking my heart we used to get on like a house on fire like we had never fallen out til this. Why didn't she just tell me she wasn't free? Ever since then everything changed.
How many texts did you send?
Maybe she has some problems at home, because you did not do anything wrong. She might be going through something, just send her the apology and let her text you back.If she doesn't reply to you, just leave her alone. She's not worth it, if she can't support you after what happened with ur grandma, then she's not a very good friend. You shouldn't have to chase her.
Some people change, if she doesn't read or respond to your apology, ignore her and wait for her to come to you.
Original post by Anonymous
It breaking my heart we used to get on like a house on fire like we had never fallen out til this. Why didn't she just tell me she wasn't free? Ever since then everything changed.

She probably was free, she just doesn't like you anymore. Probably ignored you to avoid confrontation
Maybe she has some problems at home, because you did not do anything wrong. She might be going through something, just send her the apology and let her text you back.If she doesn't reply to you, just leave her alone. She's not worth it, if she can't support you after what happened with ur grandma, then she's not a very good friend. You shouldn't have to chase her.

Gonna tell you something now. Back before the first lockdown she couldn't get enough of me. Once i texted her about 8 times without a reply, but she didn't give a ****. I don't understand why now she's suddenly so bothered?
Original post by Theloniouss
She probably was free, she just doesn't like you anymore. Probably ignored you to avoid confrontation

But i didn't do anything wrong wtf?
Original post by YaliaV123
How many texts did you send?

12? I think. But like i say i once text her 8 times without reply but she didn't give a **** and she came back. This one feels different.
But i didn't do anything wrong wtf?

You can stop liking people without them doing anything. It's also possible this is a misunderstanding.
Gonna tell you something now. Back before the first lockdown she couldn't get enough of me. Once i texted her about 8 times without a reply, but she didn't give a ****. I don't understand why now she's suddenly so bothered?

You should just ignore her. She sounds like a b*
Have you already sent the apology text?
If you ignore her she might want to talk to you more. (sometimes people are like that)
(edited 3 years ago)
Don't bother, if she sent no reply at all to stuff you sent she clearly just doesn't care and will probably blank that message too.
You should just ignore her. She sounds like a b*
Have you already sent the apology text?
If you ignore her she might want to talk to you more. (sometimes people are like that)

No tbh i was gonna wait til after lockdown and send as hand delivered letter. Do you think this is worth apologising for?
Original post by _gcx
Don't bother, if she sent no reply at all to stuff you sent she clearly just doesn't care and will probably blank that message too.

I don't know if this is important? But we met on a course. We hit it off instantly and there was another girl on our course who i bonded with as well. The friend I'm having problems with, had absolutely nothing to do with the other girl. They both liked me though. They lived down the same street so used to walk in together. But that was it. They never interacted with each other at all, the only person she spoke to on the course was me. Suddenly since september they've become facebook friends and rl friends. And the other girl doesn't speak to me anymore either. Wtf
Reply 19
No tbh i was gonna wait til after lockdown and send as hand delivered letter. Do you think this is worth apologising for?

Why would you wait weeks until sending the apology? What's wrong with Royal Mail now?

What's the situation with your other friends, are you in touch with them?

I wouldn't say 'hurt' in the apology as you don't know that you've hurt her.

"Prior to this, i admit i got a bit too carried away at the thought of seeing you again"; this sounds odd and not like something you'd say to just a friend. Is there something more here?

Quick Reply

Latest