The Student Room Group

To kiss or not to kiss, my housemate

Gonna be honest I didn’t read all that but the best advice I can give is never get into anything romantic with a flat or housemate.
Not only can it make relationships with your other housemates strained because they become a full time third wheel but it’s also awkward if you then break up with the person bc u still live together

To kiss or not to kiss, my housemate

Gonna be honest I didn’t read all that but the best advice I can give is never get into anything romantic with a flat or housemate.
Not only can it make relationships with your other housemates strained because they become a full time third wheel but it’s also awkward if you then break up with the person bc u still live together
Reply 1
Original post by Bbbw1212
Tldr: Unsure if I’m overthinking that we nearly kissedNeed advice with a tricky situation. Been living with a female housemate, I’m male, in a house of 4 since the start of the year. We’ve become really close, and get along better than I really ever have with another girl. I’ve never thought about her romantically, though she is attractive, until the other day.We had been drinking, and came back from a late night walk with just us in the house for the night. After getting in, she gets on my bed (though this is quite normal for her with other friends too I’d say) and we lie down. We have quite a deep chat about feelings and how she isn’t a very open person (I was trying to get through to her a bit more), during which there is quite a long moment where we may eye contact, she giggles a bit, and I’m fairly sure looks towards my lips... I chose not to kiss her, even though I would have with any other girl in that situation as I felt it could potentially ruin the friendship I value so much. Though, it’s now been 2 days, and I’m really regretting this decision. She is very hot and cold with me and hard to read emotionally (keeps everything to herself). I’m in a real dilemma as to whether I bring it up to her as we’ve not spoken about that moment since, or whether I leave it and see whether this feeling leaves me.Any advice would be appreciated x

i think if you can bring it up in a situation, do, but from my experience, some people tend to act with a little hostility when asked about missed opportunities (and she sounds like someone who might react in this way), and i think it's mainly just awkwardness, so if you wait until the moment is 'right' then go for it.
Never get sexually involved with a housemate, family member or friend.
Far too much hassle and risk.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending