The Student Room Group

HMRC O Compliance Caseworker 2021

Hi all

I applied for O Compliance Caseworker (Campaigns and Projects) Birmingham.

I had my interview last week last week.

I wanted to know of people's experiences. I felt mine finished so soon, it lasted around 20 mins when they said it should take approximately 45 mins.

I'm not going to be shocked if I dont get an offer but wanted to know if anyone has had a similar experience?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sc0382
Hi all

I applied for O Compliance Caseworker (Campaigns and Projects) Birmingham.

I had my interview last week last week.

I wanted to know of people's experiences. I felt mine finished so soon, it lasted around 20 mins when they said it should take approximately 45 mins.

I'm not going to be shocked if I dont get an offer but wanted to know if anyone has had a similar experience?

I had my interview for same role (Manchester) last week. Mine also lasted about 25 mins with the documents check. Fingers crossed we are put out of our misery soon. Good luck.
Reply 2
I'm glad i wasn't the only one. Good luck to you too! Keep us updated.I'm hoping its no more than another couple of weeks
Reply 3
Hi I had mine recently too and dont worry mine was the same amount of time. It was definitely quite quick as I could have said more but didn’t get asked a lot. I did get put on the reserve list thankfully.
Reply 4
Thats good news! I'd count myself lucky to be put on the reserve list. When did you have your interview and how long did it take to receive a response?
Hi guys I had mine for HO role over a week ago but my interview went roughly 1 hour 5 mins mainly interview and now I am worried even I think it went well . Longer timing is giving me a
Worry. Fingers crossed.
Reply 6
I applied for Manchester and passed the interview - told last Tuesday. I was asked for RTW docs and sent those off straight away, but I haven't heard anything back yet. Anyone heard back, or know how long it takes for them to reply after submitting RTW docs?
Reply 7
@Sammy1239 try not to overthink, sound likes your answers were in depth, hopefully you'll hear off them soon. It took 10 days to hear if I passed the interview.

@Atheria
08/12/20 Applied
04/01/21 Interview
14/01/21 Successful at interview - ID docs sent
24/01/21 Conditional Offer

Awaiting pre employment checks to be completed.
Original post by Sc0382
@Sammy1239 try not to overthink, sound likes your answers were in depth, hopefully you'll hear off them soon. It took 10 days to hear if I passed the interview.

@Atheria
08/12/20 Applied
04/01/21 Interview

Well Done. I am already working as EO and waiting results for HO. You are going to love the working environment. We been working from home since lockdown started. Lovely and very helpful .
Reply 9
Original post by Sc0382

@Atheria
08/12/20 Applied
04/01/21 Interview

And @Atheria is this for the complax tax & evasion investigator role? Either way - great news for you. Well done!
Reply 10
Original post by Sc0382

@Atheria
08/12/20 Applied
04/01/21 Interview

That's brilliant, thank you. Glad to hear.
I've applied for the EO Compliance Caseworker role, sounded really interesting, and very different from my previous career (teacher).
Original post by Atheria
I applied for Manchester and passed the interview - told last Tuesday. I was asked for RTW docs and sent those off straight away, but I haven't heard anything back yet. Anyone heard back, or know how long it takes for them to reply after submitting RTW docs?

I was informed i passed interview for EO at Manchester last Tuesday as well. Docs sent off same day and no news here either.
Reply 12
Original post by richyrichiam
I was informed i passed interview for EO at Manchester last Tuesday as well. Docs sent off same day and no news here either.

Just received a conditional offer and filled in my forms. Slightly worried that the conditional offer mentions the possibility of being on a reserve list, following completion of PECs, but we shall see!
Original post by Atheria
Just received a conditional offer and filled in my forms. Slightly worried that the conditional offer mentions the possibility of being on a reserve list, following completion of PECs, but we shall see!

I also got a conditional offer today and that bit worried me a bit too. We can only wait and see how things pan out. I have a formal offer for Customer consultant to start 8 feb anyway so i will just have to start with that and hope the wait is not too long for a formal offer on this one
Reply 14
Original post by Sc0382

@Atheria
08/12/20 Applied
04/01/21 Interview

Original post by Atheria

Hiya, I've just been informed that I passed the interview and have sent off the RTW documents, what does the rest of PEC's comprise of? How many years of employer references? For the DWP its 3 years, any help and advice appreciated. TIA :-)
Reply 15
It was 3 years work history, but they asked for 3 separate referees - one employer and two personal. They check your work history through PAYE I think. If you've owned a business, or been self employed, they ask for details of that. They also do a criminal records check. Its been pretty straightforward. I'm still waiting for DBS, and business check.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Atheria
It was 3 years work history, but they asked for 3 separate referees - one employer and two personal. They check your work history through PAYE I think. If you've owned a business, or been self employed, they ask for details of that. They also do a criminal records check. Its been pretty straightforward. I'm still waiting for DBS, and business check.

@Atheria Thank you for posting the info, thats really helpful and seems quite straightforward. I have sent off my RTW documents so the PEC's will be next step. I am really grateful for these forums :-) x
Reply 17
Hey guys

Thought I'd give you an update and full timeline as I'm nearing the end of the process.

08/12/20 Applied (Closing date 10/12/20)
21/12/20 Invited to interview
04/01/21 Interview
14/01/21 Successful at interview - ID checks sent
29/01/21 Invited to complete DBS form by Verifile
03/02/21 Pre employment checks completed
04/02/21 Start date offered for begining of March.
Reply 18
Original post by Sc0382
Hey guys

Thought I'd give you an update and full timeline as I'm nearing the end of the process.

04/01/21 Interview

Thanks for that. I haven't heard from Verifile yet, but I have 2 DBS certificates, so I'm hoping that might speed things up.
Original post by Sc0382
Hey guys

04/01/21 Interview

Congrats, so happy for you and thanks for the update! Are you going to defer your start date? remember you saying earlier you would prefer to start around April or am i mistaken? I'm still on PECs, not even been invited for DBS yet. I got an email last Friday saying i have not provided sufficient ID to satisfy ID, nationality and residency checks and will be contacted by vacancy holder about this shortly. By Monday evening when i still hadnt heard from vacancy holder, decided to email them about this and forward documents i sent originally again. I received an acknowledgement on Tuesday saying documents have been received and forwarded to recruitment team who will contact me if anything else is required. I still have 5 items pending on PECs so might have a long wait still. @Atheria how are you getting on? Any news yet from Manchester from your side? I am starting as customer consultant next Monday though, hoping i can get a start date for Compliance before i complete training, not really looking forward to being on the phones indefinitely

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending