The Student Room Group

HMRC O Compliance Caseworker 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Diluar
Thank you,
Are you required to take inbound calls or take any phone shifts part of this role?

Their is a possibility depending on the nature of role but . Compliance is normally doesn’t make many phone calls. AO are mostly make calls not O. But it does depends on area of business.
Reply 41
Original post by Sammy1239
Their is a possibility depending on the nature of role but . Compliance is normally doesn’t make many phone calls. AO are mostly make calls not O. But it does depends on area of business.

Thank you, appreciate the insight!
Original post by Atheria
The interview is based on behaviours and strengths. Make sure you read the behaviour descriptors and have scenarios in mind that show times when you have demonstrated the required behaviours. Think of it as a check boxing exercise and try to hit them all.
Good luck!

Thankyou
Reply 43
Original post by Sc0382
Hey, yes I have emailed back today asking for a later start date, I imagine they will reply tomorrow, I hope they will be accommodating although if they're not then I will start.

Hope your checks progress quickly!

Hi I have also decided to defer, did they agree to your later start date?
Reply 44
They offered me 3 options as none if them were convenient I asked for a later date and they said I will need to accept one of the 3 options so they can send a formal offer. And if I need to defer then I will need to follow the instructions on how to request a deferral on the formal offer. In the end, I made alternative arrangement to start on the latest of the 3 options. So didnt go through the deferral route
Reply 45
Original post by Sc0382
They offered me 3 options as none if them were convenient I asked for a later date and they said I will need to accept one of the 3 options so they can send a formal offer. And if I need to defer then I will need to follow the instructions on how to request a deferral on the formal offer. In the end, I made alternative arrangement to start on the latest of the 3 options. So didnt go through the deferral route

Thank you for letting me know. Just waiting to hear back myself now
Reply 46
Well Done. I am already working as EO and waiting results for HO. You are going to love the working environment. We been working from home since lockdown started. Lovely and very helpful .

Hey, are you able to tell me how payroll works? I've read across a few forums so im under the impression that we get paid on the last working day of the month, is that right?
Original post by Sc0382
Hey, are you able to tell me how payroll works? I've read across a few forums so im under the impression that we get paid on the last working day of the month, is that right?

This is correct. Last working day of the month is pay day. Example For month for February 2021 pay day is Friday 26th Feb 2021.
Reply 48
This is correct. Last working day of the month is pay day. Example For month for February 2021 pay day is Friday 26th Feb 2021.

Great, thanks for confirming.
Hello

Just applied for this role and very doubtful now after completing the tests. Scored 66% on judgement, 86% on numerical and 56% on verbal. Anyone else had similar and still got an interview or have I no chance?
Reply 50
Original post by chrislaaa2015
Hello

Just applied for this role and very doubtful now after completing the tests. Scored 66% on judgement, 86% on numerical and 56% on verbal. Anyone else had similar and still got an interview or have I no chance?

Your results say “” 86% better than the rest of the test takers do they not ? I don’t think the percentage is your actual result if that makes sense
Reply 51
Well Done. I am already working as EO and waiting results for HO. You are going to love the working environment. We been working from home since lockdown started. Lovely and very helpful .

Hey I’m in the same position. Did you get the role? X
Original post by KH5
Your results say “” 86% better than the rest of the test takers do they not ? I don’t think the percentage is your actual result if that makes sense

Yeah it does say that, just wanted to see if people had similar and got an interview
Reply 53
Yeah it does say that, just wanted to see if people had similar and got an interview

86% better on the numerical!!! Wow that’s so good, you must be a genius at maths lol
Reply 54

I think you will have a good chance, you normally only get through to the next stage if all 3 tests are passed. If it says application recieved that should be the case. The only way now you may not get one would be if they put the pass mark higher as there is a lot of people who have passed it to try knock more people out, but with your results I would say you have a good chance as you did better then half on all of them! :smile:
Original post by KH5
I think you will have a good chance, you normally only get through to the next stage if all 3 tests are passed. If it says application recieved that should be the case. The only way now you may not get one would be if they put the pass mark higher as there is a lot of people who have passed it to try knock more people out, but with your results I would say you have a good chance as you did better then half on all of them! :smile:

Fingers crossed! Thankyou :biggrin:
Original post by Amanixo
Hey I’m in the same position. Did you get the role? X

Starting in two weeks :smile:
Reply 57
Starting in two weeks :smile:

Ah that is amazing news congratulations. Did they use your old test scores because for some reason I only did the numerical and not the other two?
Original post by Amanixo
Ah that is amazing news congratulations. Did they use your old test scores because for some reason I only did the numerical and not the other two?

I have not recently applied. But yes I have seen few of my friends when they applied they only give 1 test and banked scores were used for other tests. I did my tests in November last year. Interview in January, Result by end of Jan. Offer in mid feb and starting in March. But remember I been internal so checks were lighting fast
Reply 59
I have not recently applied. But yes I have seen few of my friends when they applied they only give 1 test and banked scores were used for other tests. I did my tests in November last year. Interview in January, Result by end of Jan. Offer in mid feb and starting in March. But remember I been internal so checks were lighting fast

Ahh that’s amazing news, great achievement. I wish you all the best and thnks for helping me x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending