hearts3060
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I'm applying to uni this year, hoping to start in September 2021 in a fashion design course. Each course requires me to create a portfolio, which I expected, but since Covid is a thing, I don't think physical portfolio viewings are happening. A few of the courses ask for them to be submitted online but I'm confused as to whether I should create a portfolio that's entirely online (e.g typed up with pictures pasted on) or make a physical portfolio and then take pictures of each page.
Also, if anyone has any tips on what to include in a portfolio (if you do fashion then even better) then I would really love it.
Any help is appreciated!!
For context, I'm applying to Middlesex, London Met and London College of Fashion.
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by hearts3060)
I'm applying to uni this year, hoping to start in September 2021 in a fashion design course. Each course requires me to create a portfolio, which I expected, but since Covid is a thing, I don't think physical portfolio viewings are happening. A few of the courses ask for them to be submitted online but I'm confused as to whether I should create a portfolio that's entirely online (e.g typed up with pictures pasted on) or make a physical portfolio and then take pictures of each page.
Also, if anyone has any tips on what to include in a portfolio (if you do fashion then even better) then I would really love it.
Any help is appreciated!!
For context, I'm applying to Middlesex, London Met and London College of Fashion.
I think you will need to use a fashion design online portfolio platform:

https://www.format.com/online-portfolio/fashion-design

https://carbonmade.com/portfolios/fashion-design
viliamreis297
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
i started my portfolio over lockdown last year. never did any relevant qualification in art or design. i did some parts of the portfolio on my phone (taking ages to design garments + flats) and some parts on A4 paper also used some material to glue on paper. dont worry if its all online or paper. when i applied some unis wanted to only see 3 pages from me, and they still gave me an offer, some unis wanted 15 pages with some online work and paper work. so its totally up to you, i think you should include some online work as unis do want to see applicants being able to you online softwares or just Adobe illustration to show skills. hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads