Any fellow BCU applicants want to be friends?

Watch
meg_louise97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Aminah T)
It's so nice to find someone who has also applied to the same course and uni as me!

Oh that's good, I'm assuming you heard back from them fairly quick then?
It's quite sad that we were unable to go to the open day in person
It is! It's nicer to have someone to talk to about it all that's going through the same stress haha.

I did, within a week of applying but I think that's just because I applied for the foundation degree and they changed it for me.
It is, I would have loved to visit the campus. I know two people that have studied to teach at BCU though and both loved it!🙂
Aminah T
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by meg_louise97)
It is! It's nicer to have someone to talk to about it all that's going through the same stress haha.

I did, within a week of applying but I think that's just because I applied for the foundation degree and they changed it for me.
It is, I would have loved to visit the campus. I know two people that have studied to teach at BCU though and both loved it!🙂
Yes definitely!
I guess due to these unprecedented times, it has made us all stressed haha

I've seen the campus on google maps, and the campus is fairly quite big!
You know two people who have studied to teach at BCU? If you don't mind me asking, how did they find it?
Roseygirl1234
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I have an offer for child nursing!
meg_louise97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Aminah T)
Yes definitely!
I guess due to these unprecedented times, it has made us all stressed haha

I've seen the campus on google maps, and the campus is fairly quite big!
You know two people who have studied to teach at BCU? If you don't mind me asking, how did they find it?
Definitely!

Both really enjoyed it, one studied Primary Teaching and loved it. She got a job after at one of her placements too. I currently work in a school and the teacher I'm working with is in her second year or teaching, she did a PGCE and loved it. 🙂
Aminah T
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by meg_louise97)
Definitely!

Both really enjoyed it, one studied Primary Teaching and loved it. She got a job after at one of her placements too. I currently work in a school and the teacher I'm working with is in her second year or teaching, she did a PGCE and loved it. 🙂
That's really good!
How are you feeling about primary teaching? I'm really nervous 😓

Regarding the interview, we would have to do a written task before the interview. I'm really nervous, as I feel like it might be difficult 😓
katiegoodingx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I applied and have a conditional offer x
lbeacham431
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, I'm Laura and I'm going to be studying Property Development and Planning at BCU!
Last edited by lbeacham431; 2 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by lbeacham431)
Hi, I'm Laura and I'm going to be studying Property Development and Planning at BCU! I'm so nervous but I don't know whether to put BCU as my firm :/
Where else do you have an offer from?
lbeacham431
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Where else do you have an offer from?
Hi, I'm also holding offers at Oxford Brookes and Bristol, UWE but I really don't know which one seems better :/ As weird as it seems, I like all the unis I've applied to and keep changing my mind of which one I want to go to (can't imagine anyone else has a similar mindset!). Submit reply
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, I'm also holding offers at Oxford Brookes and Bristol, UWE but I really don't know which one seems better :/ As weird as it seems, I like all the unis I've applied to and keep changing my mind of which one I want to go to (can't imagine anyone else has a similar mindset!). Submit reply
I mean there are a lot of factor that I think you could consider (some more than others) to different people different ones may be more or less important.

1. Which Uni's course looks the best, this includes accreditations, graduate prospects, is their a placement year? etc etc

2. How far away from home are you? (this one isn't rly that important unless you will be coming home for holidays etc etc for example my furthest away choice is Edinburgh but it also offers the best course so its hard) This is also good to know as some place may be harder to get it (again only an issue if regularly travelling)

3. What extra curricula is their. (Just remember as well as study you might want to get involved in societies and different uni's offer different ones.)

4.What is the price of student accom for 2nd year (this one is minor but some ppl are tight on money so they benefit from this)

5.What is the area like? I wanted to go to Loughborough, apart from being rejected the surrounding town is a bit bleak so loses points there lol)

6. Student Satisfaction

7.How much study space is there in the library

8. If self catered how close are the shops and will Halls accept deliveries.

Honestly a lot of these are rly minor but they could be a defining factor for you. I missed out a lot but if I wrote all the things I could think off it would be a really long list. Atm I only have received 2 of my 5 places so out of the 2 Ik my preferred but it I get accepted into one of the remaining 3 it will be harder cause they both have things the others don't.

If anyone disagrees or has anything to add I'm open to your opinions
lbeacham431
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I mean there are a lot of factor that I think you could consider (some more than others) to different people different ones may be more or less important.

1. Which Uni's course looks the best, this includes accreditations, graduate prospects, is their a placement year? etc etc

2. How far away from home are you? (this one isn't rly that important unless you will be coming home for holidays etc etc for example my furthest away choice is Edinburgh but it also offers the best course so its hard) This is also good to know as some place may be harder to get it (again only an issue if regularly travelling)

3. What extra curricula is their. (Just remember as well as study you might want to get involved in societies and different uni's offer different ones.)

4.What is the price of student accom for 2nd year (this one is minor but some ppl are tight on money so they benefit from this)

5.What is the area like? I wanted to go to Loughborough, apart from being rejected the surrounding town is a bit bleak so loses points there lol)

6. Student Satisfaction

7.How much study space is there in the library

8. If self catered how close are the shops and will Halls accept deliveries.

Honestly a lot of these are rly minor but they could be a defining factor for you. I missed out a lot but if I wrote all the things I could think off it would be a really long list. Atm I only have received 2 of my 5 places so out of the 2 Ik my preferred but it I get accepted into one of the remaining 3 it will be harder cause they both have things the others don't.

If anyone disagrees or has anything to add I'm open to your opinions
Thank youu! This is really helpful! I have received all decisions but got rejected from Leeds Beckett 😂 and I hope you get the offers you want 😊
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
Thank youu! This is really helpful! I have received all decisions but got rejected from Leeds Beckett 😂 and I hope you get the offers you want 😊
Ah sorry to hear. I got an unconditional from Leeds Beckett for the masters in Planning and from Liverpool John moores for Construction. I am waiting on Sheffield for Construction and Herriot Watt and Birmingham for variations of planning. Ik you didn't ask but those were my choices and if I get HW or BCU will make my decision harder as planning is the course I am more in favour of
lbeacham431
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ah sorry to hear. I got an unconditional from Leeds Beckett for the masters in Planning and from Liverpool John moores for Construction. I am waiting on Sheffield for Construction and Herriot Watt and Birmingham for variations of planning. Ik you didn't ask but those were my choices and if I get HW or BCU will make my decision harder as planning is the course I am more in favour of
Ahhh amazing, I hear you! Yes I also applied for the masters in planning at Beckett as you have too (although I changed it from uni of Manchester for planning and then to Beckett which I have regretted so much and don’t know why I ended up doing that!) Honestly, the process is so much more stressful than what I ever imagined! 😂
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
Ahhh amazing, I hear you! Yes I also applied for the masters in planning at Beckett as you have too (although I changed it from uni of Manchester for planning and then to Beckett which I have regretted so much and don’t know why I ended up doing that!) Honestly, the process is so much more stressful than what I ever imagined! 😂
Ye for me I did not even think I was going to apply for uni. I went years claiming I would do an apprenticeship (which I am still applying for) but so much happened bc or corona that I changed everything. So I will be applying for 1 apprenticeship and unless I get it, it's off to uni
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (613)
49.08%
No (636)
50.92%

Watched Threads