The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

course options

i’m thinking of doing a foundation year in September. i was wondering what courses can you do after doing applied biosciences foundation?
Original post by Anonymous
i’m thinking of doing a foundation year in September. i was wondering what courses can you do after doing applied biosciences foundation?

Hello,

Its great to see you are interested in our foundation courses! Normally after completion of the foundation applied biosciences course, you can go onto many health professional and life science courses like Nursing, Biomedical Science etc. The best way to find out is taking a look at the Coventry University course pages of interest and check the entry requirements on there. Please note that you will still need to meet the requirements of these courses e.g. GCSE/ A Level/ equivalents. All of this information can be found on the relevant BSc course pages.

Is there a particular career or course that you are interested in after the foundation year? With a little more information I can help you with the course detail and/or entry requirements.

I hope this is useful, let us know if you need any more help deciding! :smile:

Amy
Coventry University - Coventry
Biomedical Science student
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
hi, could you clarify the etc please i’d like to know all career opportunities. i’m interested in doing paramedic science and dietetics but i’d like to know all my options.
hi, could you clarify the etc please i’d like to know all career opportunities. i’m interested in doing paramedic science and dietetics but i’d like to know all my options.

Hi,

There are lots of career options after studying for one of our degrees. The options depend on which BSc you decide to take. I have included two links below of all of the undergraduate health and life science courses that we offer at Coventry. Each offers the opportunity post graduation to take on roles in that degree subject including paramedic, nurse, dietician, biomedical scientist, analytical chemist... to name a few. Take a look on the pages of our website that I have linked and look at each course page. On there you will find the employability tab which will give you lots more information on the specific careers available to you after completion of that specific degree.

For example, after completing the Paramedic Science BSc, most graduates initially choose to work in an NHS Ambulance Trust, but the range of opportunities for a Paramedic is expanding. Careers available outside the NHS include event cover, forensic paramedics and private ambulance services. As there are so many course and career options, its worth taking a look yourself at each course page's employability section and see which careers interest you the most.

Click here for the School of Health courses page
Click here for the School of Life Sciences courses page

I hope this is useful. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask :smile:

Amy
Coventry University - Coventry
Biomedical Science student

Hey,

It's great to hear you're interested in Dietetics! If you have any questions regarding the course let me know as I'm a current Dietetics student and I can give you some insight from a student's perspective.

Veronica
Dietetics and Human Nutrition Student
Reply 5
Thank you! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hey,

It's great to hear you're interested in Dietetics! If you have any questions regarding the course let me know as I'm a current Dietetics student and I can give you some insight from a student's perspective.

Veronica

What academic support do you receive from the lectures on this course? How do you find the course?

What is a foundation year?
What academic support do you receive from the lectures on this course? How do you find the course?

Hey,

Thank you for your message.

Academic support includes virtual classes via Zoom where you can interact with your lecturers and other students, one-to-one or group meetings with your personal tutor every semester (or more if you personally ask for more), being able to email your lecturers to query and resources available online. Furthermore, since the sessions are online, they are often recorded, especially if someone is unable to attend so the classes can be watched back.

I find this course interesting, challenging, and rewarding. There are lots to learn, lots to understand but it's highly rewarding being able to apply what I learn in practice to see how my knowledge and skills fit in the healthcare industry.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have anymore questions :smile:

Veronica
Original post by Faves_26
What is a foundation year?

Hey @Faves_26,

Thank you for your message.

A foundation year is one year into an introductory course to a full-time degree. The course is designed to help students develop skills, confidence, and knowledge in preparation for an undergrad degree. It's essentially a snapshot of what it would be like to study at University if you're undecided about higher education, if you don't have the relevant grades or subjects or a mature student returning to education after some time as a way to ease back into the university lifestyle.

I hope this helps. If you have questions related, ask away!

Veronica

Quick Reply

Latest