The Student Room Group

CPR

So I’m currently in my second year of a 4 year course (placement) however I want to change to another course and start again in year 1, this course I don’t want to do placement so it would be 3 years.
I’m aware my gift year would be applied however I’m still worried I will not get funding for one of the years.
Midway through first year I was raped and I didn’t tell anyone at the uni, the police or anyone so I have no evidence to prove that it happened and it had affected me badly. I only decided on swapping this year because I’m much better now.
I’m not sure what to do because I know I won’t be able to afford it if I can’t get funding on the final year.
Original post by OasisWalker
So I’m currently in my second year of a 4 year course (placement) however I want to change to another course and start again in year 1, this course I don’t want to do placement so it would be 3 years.
I’m aware my gift year would be applied however I’m still worried I will not get funding for one of the years.
Midway through first year I was raped and I didn’t tell anyone at the uni, the police or anyone so I have no evidence to prove that it happened and it had affected me badly. I only decided on swapping this year because I’m much better now.
I’m not sure what to do because I know I won’t be able to afford it if I can’t get funding on the final year.

Hi there, sorry to hear about your situation. Students can receive funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study.

If your new course will be 3 years long and you have 2 years of previous study, your calculation will be 3+1-2=2 years standard entitlement, this means you will be required to self fund the first year unless you can provide evidence of your Compelling Personal Reasons(CPR).

If you can't provide professional evidence then your claim for CPR is unlikely to be accepted (although you can still apply) - you can click this http://ow.ly/MsMM30pjjOm link to find out more information about the evidence we require. We look for professional evidence that states how your studies were affected.

If you had low attendance or were not performing as well as normal, did you not speak to your tutor or anyone at the university?
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending