The Student Room Group

Nothing to do all day

I want to start working out because since last year I have gained a lot of weight. But my problem is, due to the pandemic I just sit around at home with nothing to do and no motivation. Can’t continue my driving lessons either.
All I do is eat and watch tv or sit in bed. There is literally nothing for me to do, especially in this pandemic.
I want to start working out but what’s the point if I’m just gonna get back into bed or lounge around on the sofa for the rest of the day.
At the start of the pandemic, I did everything from cooking to cleaning to repairninf the house but now there’s nothing to do.
I don’t know what’ to do or where to start.
Reply 1
Calisthenics? Learn a new hobby? Revise (if you have to)?
Reply 2
****ing buy gym equipment , go for a run etc, not hard, be motivated
Reply 3
Original post by Gilo200
****ing buy gym equipment , go for a run etc, not hard, be motivated

Other than resistance bands (and maybe a few others) it's not that easy, is it? Calisthenics is probably wiser to do; it's bodyweight only and that will do fine (assuming equipment cannot be obtained).
Reply 4
run and but weightssssss
Apathy is kinda symptomatic so I'd check with psychologist first, but as others said - there are so much things to try!
Pandemic is really discouraging, but there are many people like you who are struggling because of this. Have you considered training with someone else, a friend perhaps, to stay motivated? Even during lockdown it's possible, at least via Skype.
(edited 3 years ago)
Options and ideas
Fitness bike
Treadmill
Dancing
Walks
Running
Tennis
Resistance band workout
Weights
Standing exercises
Sitting exercises