The Student Room Group

Fill your curiostea. TCD edition 💗

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
Long days! I don’t do night shifts anymore.

They mess up your sleep pattern for months forget days, you are a lost zombie, for a good couple of days.

I applaud all those heroes who do night shifts, because I’ve been there done that, worn the eye bags, and I can’t hack it. It’s not for all!

Worn the eye bags lol

Hmmmm, that’s true. Let me guess, your favourite part of your job is helping people & seeing people progress over time?
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Worn the eye bags lol

Hmmmm, that’s true. Let me guess, your favourite part of your job is helping people & seeing people progress over time?

Yes!! That gives me a great satisfaction to see a patient being discharged. To know their road of recovery is now beginning in the comfort of their own homes.
Yes!! That gives me a great satisfaction to see a patient being discharged. To know their road of recovery is now beginning in the comfort of their own homes.

Yeah, that’s one of the reasons I’m intrigued about by a healthcare professional.

I know that whilst you work in a multidisciplinary team, if you spot somebody within the team being discriminatory, etc, it’s referred to as ‘whistleblowing’ - have you ever been in a position or how have you dealt with this?
Yeah, that’s one of the reasons I’m intrigued about by a healthcare professional.

I know that whilst you work in a multidisciplinary team, if you spot somebody within the team being discriminatory, etc, it’s referred to as ‘whistleblowing’ - have you ever been in a position or how have you dealt with this?

Really? It’s a great feeling. 😊

I have indeed come across certain aspects in my career where I was on the verge of whistleblowing, but I restrained, as I would have no job otherwise.

I honestly commend that lady( I don’t know her name sorry) who whistleblew regarding the treatment of NHS during the pandemic.

If I find the video, I’ll link it here for you. 😊
subbed :biggrin:
Original post by shxttah_x
subbed :biggrin:

Thank you 😊
Tuesday 12th January 2021:- 4pm

Virtual meeting about covid.

Our trust had a virtual meeting, regarding the covid vaccines. Was very interesting, and really answered a lot of the assumptions that many people are going through currently. I really wish I could upload the PPT on here, however, I this would be confidentiality, so I would not be sharing. I would highlight what I did learn from the covid webinar though.
Tuesday 12th January 2021:- 4pm

Virtual meeting about covid.

Our trust had a virtual meeting, regarding the covid vaccines. Was very interesting, and really answered a lot of the assumptions that many people are going through currently. I really wish I could upload the PPT on here, however, I this would be confidentiality, so I would not be sharing. I would highlight what I did learn from the covid webinar though.

Please do :smile:
One of the points that was brought up in today’s webinar, was usual research for vaccines usually take a significant amount of time why was the covid vaccine produced in less than a month when the research behind vaccines takes at least 1-4 years.

Answer:- The research has been going on for many years for other ‘siblings’ of covid. Which is sars and Mers.

Research on vaccine platforms(viral vectors and MRNA) has been in development for >20 years!

That’s a satisfying answer, but still not convincing enough for me to go and get myself vaccinated.
One of the points that was brought up in today’s webinar, was usual research for vaccines usually take a significant amount of time why was the covid vaccine produced in less than a month when the research behind vaccines takes at least 1-4 years.

Answer:- The research has been going on for many years for other ‘siblings’ of covid. Which is sars and Mers.

Research on vaccine platforms(viral vectors and MRNA) has been in development for >20 years!

That’s a satisfying answer, but still not convincing enough for me to go and get myself vaccinated.

Right... but why are you not getting vaccinated?

Supposedly, you’re meeting patients on a case by case basis, or you are within vicinity with some of the team members, some could have covid or are vulnerable of infection, do you think it will be feasible if you were to get vaccinated to live up to professionalism?
(edited 3 years ago)
Right... but why are you not getting vaccinated?

Supposedly, you’re meeting patients on a case by case basis, or you are within vicinity with some of the team members, some could have covid or are vulnerable of infection, do you think it will be feasible if you were to get vaccinated to live up to professionalism?

I have a range of health conditions as it is, and it’s so hard right now without knowing the side effects. Once the side effects are published I will get myself vaccinated accordingly.

There’s also a plight that it affects fertility so I’m quite sceptical about that too.

Yes, I meet my patients and I should get vaccinated for everyone’s sake, but I’m more on the side of let’s see what happens first before I get myself jabbed. I know everyone’s cases are different but eh.
(edited 3 years ago)
I have a range of health conditions as it is, and it’s so hard right now without knowing the side effects. Once the side effects are published I will get myself vaccinated accordingly.

There’s also a plight that it affects fertility so I’m quite sceptical about that too.

Yes, I meet my patients and I should get vaccinated for everyone’s sake, but I’m more on the side of let’s see what happens first before I get myself jabbed. I know everyone’s cases are different but eh.

That’s understandable.

Oh fr? Ahh, didn’t know that. I need to read around that. If I get the opportunity to take a vaccine, I probably wouldn’t too (same reasons as you, nothing health related though)
That’s understandable.

Oh fr? Ahh, didn’t know that. I need to read around that. If I get the opportunity to take a vaccine, I probably wouldn’t too (same reasons as you, nothing health related though)

It’s a rumour and funnily enough it was answered by a leading scientist at our trust today on our webinar today.

She said that at present the vaccine hasn’t been trialed on pregnant women, but it shouldn’t affect the growth or the baby itself should you be pregnant.

Spoiler

It’s a rumour and funnily enough it was answered by a leading scientist at our trust today on our webinar today.

She said that at present the vaccine hasn’t been trialed on pregnant women, but it shouldn’t affect the growth or the baby itself should you be pregnant.

Spoiler

Thank you!

So pregnant women are advised not to take it yet, due to it not been trialed yet, I see. That makes sense.

Apart from communication, what other skill do you think is important to make a habit from?
Organisation was one (as you said)

Reflection? Explore these in more detail, please.
(edited 3 years ago)
Thank you!

So pregnant women are advised not to take it yet, due to it not been trialed yet, I see. That makes sense.

Apart from communication, what other skill do you think is important to make a habit from?
Organisation was one (as you said)

Reflection? Explore these in more detail, please.

How many marks is the question worth sir please?
How many marks is the question worth sir please?

Lol, as much as you want.

Have they given reasons for why there are so many "coincidences" about the coronavirus such as the movie called Contagion which came out in 2011? I'd like to know what the explanation for that would be.

Spoiler

Original post by shxttah_x
Have they given reasons for why there are so many "coincidences" about the coronavirus such as the movie called Contagion which came out in 2011? I'd like to know what the explanation for that would be.

Spoiler

I totally understand where your question arises from but the webinar was predominantly focused upon the vaccine as they want to ‘convince’ those haven’t taken the jab to do so.

It isn’t a coincidence, I was wondering about that too, it’s too familiar for it to be a replica of the film itself.

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)

As someone that boasts about working for the NHS a lot it is very concerning to see you giving credence to conspiracy theories.

You frequently make threads advising others on what they must do to "Protect the NHS" while you do the opposite.
Original post by DiddyDec
As someone that boasts about working for the NHS a lot it is very concerning to see you giving credence to conspiracy theories.

You frequently make threads advising others on what they must do to "Protect the NHS" while you do the opposite.

I’m not giving into conspiracy theories. I mentioned I have health conditions, doesn’t mean that I won’t take the vaccine. There’s a lot of information floating around so having to make ones mind up, and then ultimately living ones descion in regret is not a life I’m after.

I don’t advise anyone on a personal level. Where have I gone against my own wordings? I have mentioned what is factual, and linked appropriately so others can base their own opinions. I don’t endorse otherwise. 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending