The Student Room Group

Gcse english language november 2020 results day

Scroll to see replies

originally i got a 6, but now i got a 7 but was only 3 marks off an 8, is it worth re-marking?
How do you know what mark you got? My paper just had my grade.
Got an 8 in August so resat, managed to snag the 9 that I knew I could get
Original post by lemonadetea
I’m so pleased with my result! I got a grade 6 however I was one mark off of a grade 7 so I have asked for a re-mark

How do you know that you were one mark off a grade 7? I just got my grade not my actual marks?
Original post by JosephGulliver
How do you know that you were one mark off a grade 7? I just got my grade not my actual marks?

My school sent me my actual marks as well as my grade
Reply 25
i got predicted a 5 and got a grade 5 AGAIN idk wht to do should i resit for the 2nd time or just leave it i really wanted a 6+ i worked soo harrrdddd.............. spent hours revising 4 no reason
Reply 26
Original post by WDASD
i got predicted a 5 and got a grade 5 AGAIN idk wht to do should i resit for the 2nd time or just leave it i really wanted a 6+ i worked soo harrrdddd.............. spent hours revising 4 no reason

if you resit now u will get ur predictions, so if ur teachers r kind and think u can do it i think u should
Original post by WDASD

If you were predicted a 5 and got a 5 in the exam, it means you got the grade your teachers thought you had the capacity to get, and proved they were accurate. I wouldn't resit and instead focus on your further studies
Reply 28
Original post by linedpaper
If you were predicted a 5 and got a 5 in the exam, it means you got the grade your teachers thought you had the capacity to get, and proved they were accurate. I wouldn't resit and instead focus on your further studies

but id gotten a 8 in the mock in year 11 but the teacher said i cheated and degraded my mock grade to a 3

Ask your school, they will have full details - ask for the mark you scored on each paper and the grade boundaries. If it's Edexcel you can also get copies of your marked scripts for free as well.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Compost
Ask your school, they will have full details - ask for the mark you scored on each paper and the grade boundaries. If it's Edexcel you can also get copies of your marked scripts for free as well.

It's AQA. I've asked for my overall mark and I already know the grade boundaries. Thanks!
Original post by WDASD
but id gotten a 8 in the mock in year 11 but the teacher said i cheated and degraded my mock grade to a 3

But you clearly didn't get an 8 in the resit exam so ?
Reply 32
Original post by linedpaper
But you clearly didn't get an 8 in the resit exam so ?

yes because i had to revise maths alongside 3 levels i also resat English which I got a 6 and got predicted a 4 sooo.. teacher predictions aren't always wirte
Original post by WDASD
yes because i had to revise maths alongside 3 levels i also resat English which I got a 6 and got predicted a 4 sooo.. teacher predictions aren't always wirte

I had to revise maths alongside 4 a levels, and I resat english. You said that you got a 5 in english and was predicted a 5, so the prediction was right.
Original post by Unknown_dumbo101
YES im having anxiety! I just wanna pass :frown:

Hey!

How was it? :smile:
Original post by WDASD

I was 3 marks of a 7 :frown: and the teacher predicted me a 5- so yes ur right , teachers can't judge us!
Original post by WDASD

wow
Original post by emmyisthebest01
originally i got a 6, but now i got a 7 but was only 3 marks off an 8, is it worth re-marking?

not sure, I mean with english you can easily gain marks...

My school won't remark mine eventhough I was 3 marks of a 7 :frown:

With economics, I was a mark of the next grade then I got it remarked and lost another mark so I don't think you should remark it but if you really want to, you can try :smile:

you have to ask your school
Can you resit gcse a 2nd time if you resat them in november 2020?I thought you would have to wait till november 2021 but till then it will be uni application time so no point in doing it then.🤔

Quick Reply

Latest