lilyhundre
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I really want to be a marketing manager but I’m not sure what gcses would be good and what a levels to pick and what degree I would need
abbbbbb.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by lilyhundre)
I really want to be a marketing manager but I’m not sure what gcses would be good and what a levels to pick and what degree I would need
Hi! I literally want to follow that same career path!

For GCSEs/A-levels do not worry about what you pick. Some people literally take all sciences and decide to take a business degree.

I take Geography, media and economics (+epq, although that isn't necessary). Some universities have a preference for which alevels they want you to take, so make sure you read the entry requirements!

GCSE grades wise, to get into the russell group/ decent universities, you will need to get a reasonable maths grade (preferably a 7 but a 6 or 5 should be okay for most courses). Also, I think in english language you might need a 5 or a 6? Can't really remember to be honest.

for Degrees, maybe business management, marketing and management, management, marketing. There are soooo many variants, so don't worry about selecting a degree right now. I applied for business management & marketing and management this year

hope this helps and if you need any more advice feel free to private message me any time.
Jennifer109023
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Pick science A levels they improve your memory. plus exams may be cancelled in 2022 and future anyway
lilyhundre
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Jennifer109023)
Pick science A levels they improve your memory. plus exams may be cancelled in 2022 and future anyway
I do my in 2 years as I am picking options this year I’m year 9
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi lilyhundre
I'm Elena, a Business Management (Marketing) student at the University of Surrey. I hope you're good and staying safe

Surrey for example asks for a C at English Language and a C at Maths in your GCSEs. As for A-Levels, it asks for BBB but doesn't specify subjects. Apart from those, you can do whichever ones you prefer. I would recommend you take subjects you enjoy at GCSEs and A-Levels as it will make your life easier. However, if you like and decide to take subjects like Business Studies or Economics either at GCSEs, A-Levels or both, it will give you a nice knowledge base for when you get to uni to study Marketing or Business Management, which are the kind of degrees I'm assuming you're looking at doing.

Good luck with your studies 🍀 Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions you have!

You can check the entry requirements and course specification for Business Studies at Surrey here. We have pathways like Marketing, Entrepreneurship and International Business which you can check on the website Also you might find it interesting how Surrey Business School has been ranked 8th in the UK for Business and Economics. And I might be a bit biased but my experience at Surrey has been really nice so far! I've met lots of amazing people and there's more than 150 clubs and societies, so there's definitely one for everyone. The Union has even created a covid-safe venue with 100 socially distanced tables and a stage where DJs play some nights. It's only open when restrictions allow it to, but I think it's amazing how they managed this with the current environment.

Anyway, I hope this helped.

Elena (Business Management).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (10)
12.35%
I need help researching courses (7)
8.64%
I need help with filling out the application form (5)
6.17%
I need help with my personal statement (32)
39.51%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (22)
27.16%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.47%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
3.7%

Watched Threads