The Student Room Group

Can i get into uni with CCD

I am on gap year i got those results..planning on ucas clearing
Reply 1
Which universities accept my grade?
Hi @Hanna11177 is there a particular subject that you'd like to study? If you know which subject/course you'd like to study it's worth having a look on UCAS Hub. You can search which courses would be available to you based on your achieved grades.

Choosing a course/university is very much a personal choice, so as well as knowing which universities would accept you with your grades have a think about what you want from your chosen course and university. Depending on your subject area of choice, there could be a large number of courses you can apply for so it's really about narrowing down your options and finding the right course for you.

We have a range of courses available at USW and for certain courses will consider applicants with grades CCD, if you'd like to find out more, if you have any other questions about choosing a course or uni, please feel free to get in touch :smile: Thanks, Carrie
Reply 3
Original post by University of South Wales
Hi @Hanna11177 is there a particular subject that you'd like to study? If you know which subject/course you'd like to study it's worth having a look on UCAS Hub. You can search which courses would be available to you based on your achieved grades.

Choosing a course/university is very much a personal choice, so as well as knowing which universities would accept you with your grades have a think about what you want from your chosen course and university. Depending on your subject area of choice, there could be a large number of courses you can apply for so it's really about narrowing down your options and finding the right course for you.

We have a range of courses available at USW and for certain courses will consider applicants with grades CCD, if you'd like to find out more, if you have any other questions about choosing a course or uni, please feel free to get in touch :smile: Thanks, Carrie

Thank you for the reply

I am considering English Language or Primary Teaching for my degree.

Could you please tell me is CCD grades accepted?
Original post by Hanna11177
Thank you for the reply

It would really depend on the universities that you are applying to. Entry requirements will differ between universities, they often vary at the same universities as well, as different courses may require different subjects or grades.

For example, we would consider you for our BA (Hons) English degree with the grades that you have, but the grades would be below those required for the BA (Hons) Primary Initial Teacher Education with QTS.

UCAS Hub is a great place to start your research. Again, you can tailor the search so that it is relevant to you. You can look at which universities would consider you for your chosen subjects with the grades that you have, then you can start narrowing down your options.

I hope this helps, but let me know if I can help further :smile:
I am on gap year i got those results..planning on ucas clearing

Yes but you need to be realistic.

It depends wht you want to do.

realistically your grades are more likely to be accepted for vocational courses or at newer post 1992 Universities.

Your best bet is just going on google and cycle through all the unis that offer those 2 courses and checking the entry grades and make a list of unis (also keep an eye for unis with options 1 or 2 grades higher, you can contact these unis before applying, sometimes they are flexible).
(edited 3 years ago)
Thank you for the reply

Hi,

I am in my third year doing a Primary Teaching degree at Kingston University. I achieved CCD at A Level and go into Kingston. I think mostly it is the interview process and your personal statement that the unis care about the most as it shows why you want to do that course.

Verity

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending