Rebecca_pitt_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My geography teacher gave us a booklet to complete in one day. I've done everything but one question.
"Explain how hydro-meterlogical hazards can compound tectonic hazards in the Philippines" its worth 6 marks and im just so confused. Any help would be appreciated.
Ðeggs
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hydrometeorological hazards are typhoons, tornadoes, heavy monsoon rainfall, costal storm surges, flash floods etc. This question is asking you to identify possible links or causations between tectonic hazards, such as an earthquake, ground displacement, volcanic eruption etc and how a hydrometeorological hazard further amplifies or intensifies this effect. The Philippines is made of many large and small islands and is along the destructive plate boundary between the Philippine plate and the Eurasian plate. Think about how an undersea earthquake leads to a tsunami, or heavy rainfall during a volcanic eruption disrupts communication and transport infrastructure, can contaminate water supplies, spread waterborne diseases and so on.
Rebecca_pitt_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Deggs_14)
Hydrometeorological hazards are typhoons, tornadoes, heavy monsoon rainfall, costal storm surges, flash floods etc. This question is asking you to identify possible links or causations between tectonic hazards, such as an earthquake, ground displacement, volcanic eruption etc and how a hydrometeorological hazard further amplifies or intensifies this effect. The Philippines is made of many large and small islands and is along the destructive plate boundary between the Philippine plate and the Eurasian plate. Think about how an undersea earthquake leads to a tsunami, or heavy rainfall during a volcanic eruption disrupts communication and transport infrastructure, can contaminate water supplies, spread waterborne diseases and so on.
Thank you for the help. I really appreciate it. I was just confused about them using compound. I've never seen it used in a exam question. Lol. I can now actually answer the question.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (31)
14.09%
Virtual campus tours/open days (49)
22.27%
Live streaming events (21)
9.55%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (21)
9.55%
A uni comparison tool (49)
22.27%
An in-person event when available (49)
22.27%