The Student Room Group

'Why Pharmacy' question if Pharmacy is my 5th choice for med

Pharmacy is my fifth choice for medicine, how would I answer this question if I was asked why I want to study pharmacy?
Reply 1
Pharmacy is my fifth choice for medicine, how would I answer this question if I was asked why I want to study pharmacy?
Original post by zoyaxxxx

well first ask yourself why this course interests you in particular, why you would make an excellent pharmacist/ have the necessary skills for pharmacy.
Original post by zoyaxxxx

Tell them exactly what you've said above and see how they react.

Seriously as others have said if your heart is set on Medicine then there's no point in using up that fifth spot. I'm not sure how competitive Pharmacy is but if you really did want to do it after you got rejections then Pharmacy might be available in clearing etc.
Reply 4
If you can't answer this question why are you applying.In all seriousness even if you said bluntly :"I don't it's just a back up lol"

You may still find yourself with an offer if it is a school who go into clearing every year. They do t really care as long as they get the fees.

You need to look after youown interests and ask yourself if you can see yourself going down this route for a full 4 years of your life!

Believe me the universities won't look after yourself and will even deceive you for there own interests.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending