EPQ topic help - politics

Watch this thread
STUDENT1308!
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm currently doing A-level psychology, sociology and politics and i'm considering studying politics at uni.
Is it possible to do an EPQ which would be helpful with my uni aplication without getting dual creditation?
kxch
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
i’ve applied and gotten offers to do politics at uni, and i took an EPQ so i might be able to help you out haha! what do you mean by duel creditation by the way?
Student100020
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Think she means that they will look that she does politics A level and did a Politics based EPQ and discredit it, because she also does the A level??? Although, no unis do that. Sometimes they dislike it if you study two very similar subjects i.e Economics and Business.
Last edited by Student100020; 1 year ago
STUDENT1308!
Rep:
(Original post by Student100020)
Think she means that they will look that she does politics A level and did a Politics based EPQ and discredit it, because she also does the A level??? Although, I no unis do that. Sometimes they dislike it if you study two very similar subjects i.e Economics and Business.
Okay thank you
kxch
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Student100020)
Think she means that they will look that she does politics A level and did a Politics based EPQ and discredit it, because she also does the A level??? Although, no unis do that. Sometimes they dislike it if you study two very similar subjects i.e Economics and Business.
ahhh okay, that makes sense! and yeh i completely agree. i take politics and my EPQ was political based, and of anything is helped my application a bunch since i was referencing it in my personal statement and it demonstrated my passion for the subject. with an EPQ, you can do it on content that directly overlaps with your curriculum, ie/ for my i couldn’t do US elections for example since i cover that in my alevel, so i did mine on china instead. i hope that helps a bit OP!
STUDENT1308!
Rep:
(Original post by kxch)
ahhh okay, that makes sense! and yeh i completely agree. i take politics and my EPQ was political based, and of anything is helped my application a bunch since i was referencing it in my personal statement and it demonstrated my passion for the subject. with an EPQ, you can do it on content that directly overlaps with your curriculum, ie/ for my i couldn’t do US elections for example since i cover that in my alevel, so i did mine on china instead. i hope that helps a bit OP!
Okay thanks. My sixth form is being really weird about what we can do it on. They said as an example if you do history a-level you can't do an epq essay on something that isn't covered in the course as it would be using the same skills. Which led me to think i wouldn't be able to do an epq on something political that isn't on UK or US politics but i guess that is wrong.
caeciliusinhortz
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HannahStarman)
Okay thanks. My sixth form is being really weird about what we can do it on. They said as an example if you do history a-level you can't do an epq essay on something that isn't covered in the course as it would be using the same skills. Which led me to think i wouldn't be able to do an epq on something political that isn't on UK or US politics but i guess that is wrong.
you're actually not allowed to do anything that is on your course. It is supposed to be independent research so it cannot be too similar to anything on your a-level spec.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (173)
41.09%
The paper was reasonable (190)
45.13%
Not feeling great about that exam... (37)
8.79%
It was TERRIBLE (21)
4.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise