Should I report this guy?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I've already reported someone in the past but I found out again that my friend has been to McDonald's drive thru and my gf is saying its against the rules because its not essential and shes trying to encourage me to report it. Like the guy isn't really a close friend and my girlfriend is saying its for the best she said she would report him if was her friend because its breaking the law. I just have done it before and I felt bad about it but I don't know because I kind of feel like its the right thing if I want normality back.
Bexjw
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
It’s not illegal to go to a drive thru. If it was, they wouldn’t be open. Your girlfriend is overreacting. It’s not exactly ‘essential’ but no-one is leaving the car and the risk of transmission is relatively low.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Bexjw)
It’s not illegal to go to a drive thru. If it was, they wouldn’t be open. Your girlfriend is overreacting. It’s not exactly ‘essential’ but no-one is leaving the car and the risk of transmission is relatively low.
I know but she was saying its the fact its not essential because I remember hearing only delivery is allowed. I just want to mind my own business tbh but my gf is t to taking the virus seriously which i do kind of understand like we've had 3 lockdowns so it shows this virus is bad
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know but she was saying its the fact its not essential because I remember hearing only delivery is allowed. I just want to mind my own business tbh but my gf is t to taking the virus seriously which i do kind of understand like we've had 3 lockdowns so it shows this virus is bad
1) its classed as food so would come under essential
2) find a new gf. seriously....
Bexjw
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Getting a takeaway coffee is deemed ‘essential’. People are still going to the shop for a bottle of wine or ordering takeaway.

Don’t report them but just take it as seriously as you want. Ignore everyone else and make sure you follow the rules. It’s all you can do.

Your girlfriend is way over the top in someone else’s (legal) business.
Last edited by Bexjw; 6 months ago
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
If a branch of McDonald's were only open for delivery, going through the drive thru lane wouldn't get you anything because there would be no-one standing at the window to take your payment and give you the burger.
CoochieMan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Your gf sounds annoying. If it wasn't allowed the drive thru would be closed.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kerzen)
If a branch of McDonald's were only open for delivery, going through the drive thru lane wouldn't get you anything because there would be no-one standing at the window to take your payment and give you the burger.
The drive thru was open
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ANM775)
1) its classed as food so would come under essential
2) find a new gf. seriously....
Ok
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CoochieMan)
Your gf sounds annoying. If it wasn't allowed the drive thru would be closed.
Fair point
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
The drive thru was open
Well then, that means that it wasn't breaking the law for people to be served. McDonald's have been very quick to comply with the Covid regulations and they know exactly what is allowed and isn't.

Think about something more fruitful.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kerzen)
Well then, that means that it wasn't breaking the law for people to be served. McDonald's have been very quick to comply with the Covid regulations and they know exactly what is allowed and isn't.

Think about something more fruitful.
OK I won't report then
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.83%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.4%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.72%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.29%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.56%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (79)
10.72%
Financial worries (50)
6.78%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.34%
Exposure to negative news/social media (45)
6.11%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (70)
9.5%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed