anoynmous1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Guys, does anyone know how to answer this?
Last edited by anoynmous1; 1 month ago
iceberg5
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Any standard electrode potential values given??
anoynmous1
Rep:
?
(Original post by iceberg5)
Any standard electrode potential values given??
Yesss. This table was given too. Sorry for not attaching it earlier.
Attached files
iceberg5
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anoynmous1)
Yesss. This table was given too. Sorry for not attaching it earlier.
Ah, that should help! Maybe an equation would help structure and direct your answer. Considering the potential values and OIL RIG, you should be able to formulate one (don't forget to cancel species once your electrons are balanced). Also, the question mentions a gas. How might this help you in answering? Do you need a labelled diagram? How many marks is the question worth? <-- These are the sorts of qus you should be asking yourself as you go along.

Manganate equilibria are a personal fave with the colour changes (transition metal chem links in too!), and I think exam boards usually quite like them as well... Briggs-Rauscher is fun to watch if you fancy colour changes too
TheRealSamB
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Believe you’ll be using system 1 and 4 the backward rule shows that Reaction 1 happens in reverse ( Due to the more negative electrode potential) so you’d be producing CO2 gas for the observation. Not sure what you need to state about the equilibrium.
TheRealSamB
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What exam board and paper BTW?
anoynmous1
Rep:
?
(Original post by iceberg5)
Ah, that should help! Maybe an equation would help structure and direct your answer. Considering the potential values and OIL RIG, you should be able to formulate one (don't forget to cancel species once your electrons are balanced). Also, the question mentions a gas. How might this help you in answering? Do you need a labelled diagram? How many marks is the question worth? <-- These are the sorts of qus you should be asking yourself as you go along.

Manganate equilibria are a personal fave with the colour changes (transition metal chem links in too!), and I think exam boards usually quite like them as well... Briggs-Rauscher is fun to watch if you fancy colour changes too
Thank you so much for your help.
anoynmous1
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheRealSamB)
What exam board and paper BTW?
Im not sure. My tutor just set me the question but im sure its AQA.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (62)
12.89%
Virtual campus tours/open days (112)
23.28%
Live streaming events (44)
9.15%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (46)
9.56%
A uni comparison tool (109)
22.66%
An in-person event when available (108)
22.45%