URGANT Physics questions!! Pls helpWatch
Q1.The picture shows a toy crane.(it’s literally just a cartoon pic of a crane with a electromagnet and blocks on a table)
The toy crane uses an electromagnet to pick up and move the blocks.
Explain how this electromagnet is able to pick up and move the blocks.
This is a 6 mark question.. Multi Line Text.
Q2.The picture shows three metal blocks.(tgere isnt even a picture on the assessment so u could draw one maybe)
The blocks are not labelled.
One block is a permanent magnet, one is iron and one is aluminium.
Describe how another permanent magnet can be used to identify the blocks.. Multi Line Text.
completing the circuit
• turns the electromagnet on
• there is a current in the coil
• a magnetic field is produced around the coil
• the iron core becomes magnetized
• move electromagnet towards the blocks
• the block is attracted to the electromagnet
• moving the crane moves the block
• switching off the current switches off the electromagnet
• releasing the block
(permanent magnet) has no
effect on the aluminum
iron is attracted (to the
(only) the (permanent) magnet
can be repelled (by the
You should reword it before answering the actual questions if this is homework or something.
Hope this helps