The Student Room Group

Updating employment Details-Need info

Basically, I’ve recently became unemployed so I received a email from student finance England about having to update my employment details, so I chose to do it online.

Whilst I was updating things. I stated that I’m living off savings for now, and I wasn’t asked to provide any evidence of that online. After I finished updating my details, I received a email from student finance England thanking me for the update and that I didn’t need to do anything else.

A few days ago I received a letter to update my employment details (with form) that was written and sent the same day I received the email and responded to it. On the letter it basically states that if I’ve already done this online to just ignore it, which obviously I’ve completed the form online already.

Anyways I noticed on the paper form it asks for evidence that you’re living off your savings but when I completed it online it didn’t ask for any?

My question is; am I still okay to ignore the employment details letter like it stated? Because I’ve already updated these details
Online, only it didn’t ask for evidence online of my savings.

P.S. the email thanking me for completing the form online did say I didn’t need to do anything else now so I’m guessing I’m okay to ignore the letter as I’ve already answered it online.
Original post by Musicgirl97
Basically, I’ve recently became unemployed so I received a email from student finance England about having to update my employment details, so I chose to do it online.

Whilst I was updating things. I stated that I’m living off savings for now, and I wasn’t asked to provide any evidence of that online. After I finished updating my details, I received a email from student finance England thanking me for the update and that I didn’t need to do anything else.

A few days ago I received a letter to update my employment details (with form) that was written and sent the same day I received the email and responded to it. On the letter it basically states that if I’ve already done this online to just ignore it, which obviously I’ve completed the form online already.

Anyways I noticed on the paper form it asks for evidence that you’re living off your savings but when I completed it online it didn’t ask for any?

My question is; am I still okay to ignore the employment details letter like it stated? Because I’ve already updated these details
Online, only it didn’t ask for evidence online of my savings.

P.S. the email thanking me for completing the form online did say I didn’t need to do anything else now so I’m guessing I’m okay to ignore the letter as I’ve already answered it online.

Hi there, I advise you to query this with our repayments department by calling 0300 100 0611, alternatively if you prefer to message them you can private message them on Facebook http://m.me/SLCRepayment or Twitter https://twitter.com/messages/compose?recipient_id=806835849916719104
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending