Scorpion5000
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi all. I wanted to ask a question about accommadation in Canterbury. Right now i'm looking at Canterbury Student Manor, Canterbury Student Village, and Parham Student Village. While I was looking to go for Canterbury Student Village, a couple of bad reviews and a refusal to arrange a virtual viewing have left me with a few concerns. I wanted to ask what any of the above are like.
StudentRep Canterbury
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Scorpion5000)
Hi all. I wanted to ask a question about accommadation in Canterbury. Right now i'm looking at Canterbury Student Manor, Canterbury Student Village, and Parham Student Village. While I was looking to go for Canterbury Student Village, a couple of bad reviews and a refusal to arrange a virtual viewing have left me with a few concerns. I wanted to ask what any of the above are like.
Hi there, am I right in assuming you will be a first year student? If so I'd strongly recommend living on campus in order to meet new people, make more friends and experience the social scene a lot more. I personally lived in Turing houses and LOVED my time there. Prices varies but overall each accommodation has its strength and weaknesses- depending on what you are looking for. To find out each characteristic for the different accommodations UKC offers, please look at their website:https://www.kent.ac.uk/accommodation

Hope this helps,

Sabrina
Scorpion5000
Rep:
?
(Original post by StudentRep Canterbury)
Hi there, am I right in assuming you will be a first year student? If so I'd strongly recommend living on campus in order to meet new people, make more friends and experience the social scene a lot more. I personally lived in Turing houses and LOVED my time there. Prices varies but overall each accommodation has its strength and weaknesses- depending on what you are looking for. To find out each characteristic for the different accommodations UKC offers, please look at their website:https://www.kent.ac.uk/accommodation

Hope this helps,

Sabrina
Currently 2nd Year actually, wanted to ask because the accomadation I got this year wasn't so great, so just being a little more cautious.
StudentRep Canterbury
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Currently 2nd Year actually, wanted to ask because the accomadation I got this year wasn't so great, so just being a little more cautious.
Ohh I completely understand your room is your haven for the year so I completely get you being cautious! But I would suggest to apply to accommodation on campus also as a just incase. There are quite a few nice accoms on campus like Keynes Flats & Houses, Tyler Court A, B&C, Parkwood Flats, Parkwood Houses (the nice newly refurbished ones are): Lypeatt Court, Grimshill Court, Thornden Court, Farthings Court, Ellenden Court, Denstead Court and Clowes Court. Just a side note if you apply for Parkwood you can specify in the accommodation requests box that you would like a particular court so they can give you the newly refurbished houses. I hope this helps!
Anonymous #1
Report 7 months ago
I recommend you stay at palamon court instead of parham. Especially the student village is awful, however if u enjoy the life of the party, very loud noise at all times, no security & tom **** & harry walking in and out then go ahead lol. I felt soooo unsafe at my time there & kitchen didnt even have a window? It was so bad, people were ok but mainly just havinf noisy parties 24/7, didnt realy mind as me and friends would join sometimes but very hard to make real friends there. I say go with palamon court, avoid student village and student manor. Ive heard palamon court is quite nice hope this helps.
Scorpion5000
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
I recommend you stay at palamon court instead of parham. Especially the student village is awful, however if u enjoy the life of the party, very loud noise at all times, no security & tom **** & harry walking in and out then go ahead lol. I felt soooo unsafe at my time there & kitchen didnt even have a window? It was so bad, people were ok but mainly just havinf noisy parties 24/7, didnt realy mind as me and friends would join sometimes but very hard to make real friends there. I say go with palamon court, avoid student village and student manor. Ive heard palamon court is quite nice hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply. I'd heard similar things, but not the bit about parties. I'm not a fan of them myself, or loud music every night, so that's definitely not well suited to me. Palamon Court does look nice even if it's a bit more expensive. I've actually ended up going for the new Riverside Student Quarter which is more akin to Palamon, so hopefully that will work out alright.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (300)
84.27%
No (56)
15.73%

Watched Threads