Is it possible to retake year 12?

Watch this thread
username5568728
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I was very certain that I wanted to do an English degree at the start of yr12 but now I am really not sure. I think i thought because I liked reading I would enjoy an english degree but now I realise that doing a degree just because you enjoy it is stupid because my job prospects won't be as good as if I did a STEM degree. I also don't enjoy studying english any more. I really miss science and would love to take my a levels again but I am not sure that it would be possible. So could I restart yr12 in september doing a levels that I would enjoy more? I haven't spoken to my HOY yet because I am still not sure what I want to do. I am getting good grades in my A levels and I do enjoy reading but I am wondering if I would enjoy a STEM subject more. Then there is the shame and embarrassment of being in classes with people a year younger than me and not being with my friends. I really don't know what to. I don't know if my interest in STEM is just inspired by my friends doing those subjects or not feeling that English is as well respected as STEM. Please give me any advice you can? I don't think I could catch up doing three new a levels before mocks or could I
Student100020
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Yes you absolutely could re do year 12, its not uncommon for people to do so.
Student100020
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I don't know much about STEM, also dw about being 1 year older if you choose do redo year 12. Its only a year most people wont even be able to tell the years difference.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lily_23)
I was very certain that I wanted to do an English degree at the start of yr12 but now I am really not sure. I think i thought because I liked reading I would enjoy an english degree but now I realise that doing a degree just because you enjoy it is stupid because my job prospects won't be as good as if I did a STEM degree. I also don't enjoy studying english any more. I really miss science and would love to take my a levels again but I am not sure that it would be possible. So could I restart yr12 in september doing a levels that I would enjoy more? I haven't spoken to my HOY yet because I am still not sure what I want to do. I am getting good grades in my A levels and I do enjoy reading but I am wondering if I would enjoy a STEM subject more. Then there is the shame and embarrassment of being in classes with people a year younger than me and not being with my friends. I really don't know what to. I don't know if my interest in STEM is just inspired by my friends doing those subjects or not feeling that English is as well respected as STEM. Please give me any advice you can? I don't think I could catch up doing three new a levels before mocks or could I
Check with your school - it depends on funding.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (94)
20.17%
The paper was reasonable (178)
38.2%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
25.54%
It was TERRIBLE (75)
16.09%

Watched Threads