Christhenix
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I studied with the OU some 38/9 years ago. Funded by the RAF at the time, but stopped after a couple of years due to personal health issues. Would this affect the funding award for any degree course now after all these years? In case you are wondering how ancient I am, I am 57. Made redundant Dec 2020 so looking to fulfill my wish to obtain a degree.
Last edited by Christhenix; 5 days ago
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Christhenix)
I studied with the OU some 38/9 years ago. Funded by the RAF at the time, but stopped after a couple of years due to personal health issues. Would this affect the funding award for any degree course now after all these years? In case you are wondering how ancient I am, I am 57. Made redundant Dec 2020 so looking to fulfill my wish to obtain a degree.
Hi Chris, have you ever achieved a higher education qualification? Did you only study part time at the OU? No other previous study?

If you only ever studied at the OU and never received any qualification then you should be eligible for funding now as long as you meet the residency criteria.
Thanks, Isaac
Christhenix
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Thanks Isaac. I completed two modules, but did not go on to complete the qualification. I know they would not be counted to any degree course (even an OU one) now as they lapse after 16 years so hopeful they won’t count against me after all this time. 👍🏻
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Christhenix)
Thanks Isaac. I completed two modules, but did not go on to complete the qualification. I know they would not be counted to any degree course (even an OU one) now as they lapse after 16 years so hopeful they won’t count against me after all this time. 👍🏻
You're welcome, based on that information I would expect you to be eligible for funding then
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (76)
17.92%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (123)
29.01%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.74%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (52)
12.26%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.07%

Watched Threads